A Hippie's Income?

Discussion in 'Ask The Old Hippies' started by Kamama, Jan 15, 2013.

1. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

money is power in this cruel world we live in.

if the 'hippies' were smart, they would exploit the system and use it for their benefit.

but we all know you can't be a smart hippy. it's an oxymoron

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Consider Myself A Hippie,*non drug using*, And An Astute Businessman,

I See No Reason Why The Two Cannot Be Combined...[​IMG]...:toetap05:

Cheers Glen.

3. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

Dude, don't feed the troll.

C/S,
    Rev J

4. 3407LOVE

3407LOVE Member

The hippies of BC Canada aren't hippies at all
    they work with police to move the dope they grow across borders
    [hippies don't like cops]
    they hoard seeds creating seed monopolies
    many of these seeds are advertised to bud in 7 weeks, yet only a GMO seed could do that.
    [hippies don't like Monsanto's]

A BC "hippie" growing under-light buds in one home [or two]
    will generate about 1.8 million CAN dollars a year.

BC bud won the Amsterdam Cup 12 years.

With Washington across the border there now lies a legal market
    for all our BC Bud.
    Courts often throw out cultivation cases cause
    BC Bud brings in about 300 billion dollars a year
    cops have been told to stay out of this, including
    the LSD labs XTC labs and METH labs that dot the drug friendly
    BC landscape.

4 million a year is what a few friends I have seem to average
    with just 2 houses.

:sunny:

5. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I rob banks for a living. You?

Which bank did you say you had an account at?

6. CaliKaty

CaliKaty Members

I panhandled, mostly, playing my 12-string and singing the songs I wrote. My usual stakeout was in front of a fish & chips ship on Haight Street. After I made enough, I'd buy myself something to eat either there or in a place across the street that sold perogies for a quarter. Other income came from calling the folks back home :bigcry: but the truth is, we shared with each other. There was always someone willing to set you a place at their table and there was the Switchboard for finding a place to sleep until someone asked you to move in with them. We helped each other out--or some of us did. If I made a little extra I'd get someone over 21 to buy a jug of wine to take to whoever was feeding or housing me.

7. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

It's a big world, and you, my friend, are looking in the wrong places.
    They're still real and they're still really out there.
    So many I hear claiming there is no real acid anymore, 'you'll never get it like we had it back then!'.. maybe not, but acid's just a ride; no real deep lessons here and those who convinced themselves so are those who also ended up feeling like they lost part of themselves somewhere along the way, but can't put their finger on what or how..
    What these people fail to acknowledge is that the LSD-fuelled ways of 'the real hippies' is an outdated image. It's been and gone; accept it.
    Hippies today do exist, I know plenty living outside of the system and doing it well, and SUCCESFULLY.
    We need to drop this notion that regular LSD use is a pre-requisite of being a hippie.
    We need to drop this notion that hippies can not exist outside of a limited few years in time, 'the hippie years, the revolution'.
    When it didn't really get you far, did it? Hippies were used as an example to bring in a tonne more legislative statutes and acts to keep our heads in the sand and contribute towards the involuntary servitude that is perpetuated upon us on a daily basis by the powers that be today.
    Hippies; you may of felt like you were on a free reign, but if you can't see how those times fucked the rest of ours' futures up, you're still off your heads.
    I mean, I hear you (the general you, the hippie from back then) ranting and raving that you lived in the times and we missed it.
    And so I ask myself how open-minded you 'real hippies' REALLY are, because the stereotypical shpiel I hear/read from people claiming to be 'real' hippies, is basically ignorant.
    Hippies I know today, take DMT for a trip; and jet-propel their consciousness into hyperspace.
    Hippies I know today, REFRAIN from taking LSD in search of a MUCH BETTER QUALITY OF HALLUCINATION, in hope of learning some TRUE LESSONS.
    Lessons you will never learn by taking a synthetic compound produced in a laboratory.
    Lessons you will never learn by taking something that is not in it's natural state, and so cannot possibly act as a connection to SOURCE (as it's so often used).
    REAL hippies understand the contrast between lysergic acid diethylamide and (for example..) psilocybin; the contrast in content of the 'lessons' learned.
    Real hippies think for themselves; work out what's going on on a global scale without having to be told or having it summarised.
    Hippies gain a natural bullshit filter through the course of questioning and not entertaining 'beliefs.'
    Hippies are aware that beliefs are not a pre-requisite of 'GOOD LIVING' and so should not be used in any capacity to self-define a sense of 'what's going on'.
    Beliefs are errors in conscious processing, which act as a filter to any information coming to the person believing.
    Beliefs put you on the side of biased, biased to your beliefs; which makes you incapable of observing anything with an open mind and coming to it on your own terms; not those pre-defined by whichever belief you've decided to entertain.
    And from what I see, all the old hippies BELIEVE their time outweighed anything similar that could possibly exist in the same vein today; which MUST be a belief, because we (i say we; I'll refer to myself as hippie-inclined for the basis of this post, though my tendencies lean way more towards shamanism; but hell, they're both just labels) DO exist and there are more of us than you'd believe.

Where LSD made people's surroundings manifest; DMT took them elsewhere.
    This could also be why you can't find them.
    They're still alive and walk outside of the cages, blessed with the knowledge passed down through the ages.
    Mushrooms, and cactii - DMT at different stages; salvia divinorum makes them seers of the sages.

There's more to hippiedom and expanded consciousness than LSD and those worshipped, faithful years..
    Time is a moment and that was just one. The idea it'll never come again, makes it gone.
    So stop your negativity; your spiritual perverse, shake up your consciousness and put your perspective in reverse.
    Release your tension in the 5th dimension..
    Take the right substances and gain the eyes for the 4-dimensional plane, the side in our dimension that ALWAYS remains hidden.
    We only ever see 3 sides in this dimension but there is ALWAYS a hidden fourth which we simply have to assume is there, but cannot possibly see in our regular state.
    Once your consciousness has entered the realm of the 5th dimension (it's currently in the 4th, hence perceiving the 3rd in the physical); only then can we know what it is to see all sides of a solid object.
    Well, that's the level some of us are tripping on today, which goes way beyond the norm of sitting down and watching objects morph into each other with a dashing of technicolour; seeing sounds represented on a viewable transmittable surface placed across your vision; which is very entertaining and interesting, but not very educational in ways it could/should be.. Today, we are literally equipping ourselves for inter-dimensional travel..
    Perhaps if LSD was swapped with DMT in those times, the World would be different and altogether far more switched-on place; and you'd of had the movement you wanted.

1 person likes this.
  8. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

Just 1 post back in 2013 - do you suppose the OP is checking back regularly to see if anyone has cracked it?

9. PsyGrunge

Who knows? My last post here was in 2010.. but look, here I am. The universe works in mysterious ways.. I wouldn't rule out ANYTHING, personally.

gypsy_queen79 likes this.
  10. BlackBillBlake

but you've got over 8,000 posts not just the one.

11. PsyGrunge

Yup, from years ago. It is mere chance that I am here today, as I have not frequented the place in 5years.
    Anyway, whether the OP reads it or not is irrelevant.
    My post is for any and all to witness.
    I posted a contribution to a thread and I see no reason for you to be jumping on my case about it mate.

1 person likes this.
  12. BlackBillBlake

I wasn't jumping on you - it just struck me as irrelevant to be posting questions here then never coming back. That doesn't mean any criticism of you.

1 person likes this.
  13. PsyGrunge

Apologies for the misinterpretation, and I mean no hostility towards you.
    I see your point, but I had something to say so I said it regardless of who else may see it; OP or not.
    All humans should operate on this basis. If they have something to say it should be said as there's far too much hiding behind the concern over how subjects may be taken; if everyone spoke their mind, the world would know truth.
    Instead, we are mollycoddled since birth, have a value system implemented into us, and oh so often hide our true thoughts and feelings.

1 person likes this.
  14. BlackBillBlake

I agree it would be better if people say what they think.

Too often people say what they think others want to hear.

15. PsyGrunge

The time is long overdue for everyone to put their feet down and say 'I've fucking had enough!'..
    but no, we continue getting on with our heads down.. And in turn, the world falls to it's knees.
    Yawn.

Have a great day.

16. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

17. thismoment

thismoment Member

Hahaha, it comes ALIVE! Again!

There are just so many variations on us. I self-identify as a hippie, though you wouldn't know it to look at me and I don't live in a completely counter-culture manner any more. Last weekend, I was in a very high psychedelic experience. The weekend before, I was at a party way out in the countryside in some woods. About 60 people - like that old song said, "So happy together!" We charged $20 at the gate for 14 hours uninterrupted psychedelic music (haha, I was on be responsible duty). Once inside, freedom. These are things that hippies do. Also baking bread, gardening, having a bowl, hanging out. I guess I'm like a responsible hippie in disguise as just another old man.

Anyway, I know a lot of people now who live a life consistent in many ways with hippie ideals. Most are young - 30s-40s. Many are very hip and live good lives (conscious eating, mid-manifesting, green, all or lots of those things).

The eight-fold path is a pretty good general guide to being a hippie. It's dynamic, so I'm changing "right" to high and noting that you can take what you want and leave what you want aaaannnd you can interpret however, because, you know, you're a hippie...
    High view.
    High intention
    High action
    High speech
    High livelihood
    High effort
    High mindfulness
    High concentration

1 person likes this.
  18. PsyGrunge