a funky skirt I made

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by cerridwen, May 17, 2004.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

So, I'm looking for an original skirt I can wear to a party that I was invited to last weekend, something that's guaranteed to stand out. (You know how it is, you go to a party, you want people to notice that you're there, right?)

I was thinkin and thinkin, and of course, I'm tight on cash, so whatever I buy has to be really inexpensive.... so I thought I'd make my own outfit! I collected a bunch of old pairs of jeans that my husband and I are about to throw out, and initially I was going to make a patchwork jean skirt.... but then I had a funkier idea...

I cut out all the butt pockets from all the jeans, and I also bought a few pairs of jeans from a thrift store, cutting out all the but pockets from those as well, and I cut a buttonfly from one of the pants as well. Sewn together so all the pockets face up, I have a skirt of all pockets, it's so cool! I only wish I had a digital camera to post a picture of it... trust me, it looks so awesome!

2. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

That sounds cool! I'd like to see it... :)

3. FreeSpiritedMelody

FreeSpiritedMelody changes poopy diapers

what an awesome idea! i'll have to try that, if u dont mind :)

4. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

Thats so cool. But now when you go out all your friends will be like, can you put my stuff in your pockets? Thats what my friends would do!

Cool Idea!

5. Acorn

Acorn Member

sounds really cool!

6. serra

serra tentacle girl

what a great idea!! that must be a lot of pockets! =)

7. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

wow that sounds wikkid :) i wanted to make a denim skirt out of a pair of trousers but my sewing machine cant handle too many layers of denim so seams are horrible cos all my needles snap :(

8. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

thats so rad man! :)