A few words of concern..

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by ziggyfly, Apr 6, 2007.

1. ziggyfly

ziggyfly Member

Hey everyone, IM sure somone else has posted about this subject...
    But im concerned what happened to this place.

I stoped going on the computer for a while.. just to get intouch with my self and appreciate the world without internet garbage.. Before i left. this place was a big friendly house to go to without any broken floor boards.

NOw i come back, to think maybe il Get plugged back in.. but it seems as if this house is falling apart! sorry to use the metaphore but it seems the best way to describe it...

like sure some parts are fine and theres people who are here for the reason this site was intended for.. but whats with all the violence, and Self-centered ness?

This place used to be one of my many escapes from my city....
    Now.. well i dono.. its just like walking through a local department store.

I dono.. sorry to Ramble on.. I was just concerned

Oh and please.. If you havn't got anything productive or Positive to say.. please just pass this by.... throwing bricks doesn't always make you better... specialy over the internet.

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

That's a great Zappa picture.

Anyhow, you must realise that this forum is a representation of real life. Learn to appreciate the negativity... no place is a peace and love utopia.

3. The Lex

The Lex Member

What kind of stuff did they post when you were here. I would like to try help make it better. I usually go online to be stupid and get away from my serious family for a bit. Haha.

4. ziggyfly

ziggyfly Member

ahh i agree with you bravesirrubin.... now that i think about it...
    You cant have good without bad...
    meh i was just aggervated...
    Some people think fighting is the way to peace.
    maybe one day we'l have peace.

And i guess my perspective of life has changed over a year... i just seem to care bout other peoples feelings more and more.. .and i hate seeing conflict... i dono

haha yes. that is a nice zappa picture - musical genious i might say

and back when i came on here.. was sometime ago.. so i dono really what was said.. i guess then i checked out different catagories.. now im more all over the place...

5. wootier

wootier Member

i think this site is a great tool for communicating ideas. and i think people really do their best to be honest and open. clearly somethings working because ure still here, and the rest of us r still here to express r ideas. so maybe its not the ideal of perfection but its still a place to express our ideas.

6. ziggyfly

ziggyfly Member

Wootier, another good point.
    im begining to learn fast.

7. wootier

wootier Member

i dont like it when people get banned for seemingly innocuous reasons...most forums r pretty bad about that kind of stuff, but hipforums is pretty safe, at least i feel so... i usually dont fear that wat i say is gunna get me into trouble...although i know a few people have been fucked for no reason

8. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i agree there's quite a lot of negativity...
    and seems like out of nothng...and really confuses smtimes

but yes there's no getting away from it, people ar different, though i smtimes wonder why people choose this very site for negative posts...

the only way is just to take it easier and enjoy talking to people ya like

:):)

9. PeacetheGemsbok

PeacetheGemsbok Member

I think some people post here because they think saying violent things to hippies is fun.

But who cares? An important part of being peace-loving is living with the negative and going on with love for other people and the world around us.

10. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

Its just a forum. :)

11. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Whoever banned the person with the racist remarks, thank you. There's a responsibility that goes with free speech and that is some form of civility. If you don't have that then you're going to have a war zone and we've already got plenty of that in the world.

12. ugali

ugali Member

I agree! This place used to be tolerant and awesome. I'm not saying that I’m perfect either, but I think this place is has become intolerant and violent. I think that we should be quite open about that.

13. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

I think it shows everyones true character...and if you can still be positive in a negative environment, I think you grow stronger. ^_^

14. Jonas

Jonas Member

there's no denying the fact that this site has changed. i am in the same boat as the original poster, i was a frequent on this site for a good long time a few years ago, and just kind of neglected to come for a while. the site got way too popular, way too many 15, 16 year olds who just discovered what hte beatles really sounded like and that led zeppelin isn't crappy music that htey're dad happened to listened to. not to mention started doing drugs, much like the reasons that brought me here in the first place wehn i was 15. idk maybe i dont see what i used to see in this forum anymore, but the stupid arguments and the getto slang and all the bullshit that is just more and more of what i try to get away from by coming here. o well thats globalization for you i guess. too many damn people and they can talk to too many other damn people. ugh. sorry for sounding like im grumbling about random stuff but some people will understand what im saying

15. ugali

ugali Member

^Now I know why the forum changed. It’s cause you hip forum veterans left. In order to go back to the old thing we need you to come back.

16. out_in_the_sticks

out_in_the_sticks Member

yea i agree with most posts here i have been here for a very short time now and have already seen a great change from the time i first joined until now. alot more of the "ghetto slang" lol and just more ppl comin here just to talk about drugs and things like that instead of talking about love and things they used to do like "the compliment chain" type of things. and yea im 15 turnin 16 and came here for most of the reasons jonas said but it was more of findin out the grateful dead was good and led zeppelin wasnt just crappy music my dad listened to but once i started gettin into these things i started realizin that my whole view of hippies was completely wrong i just thought they were a bunch of fuckin potheads who didn have jobs and didn shower lol and some loved trees for some reason i couldn comprehend but now i realize that its all about love and thats what the world needs more of so goin back to the original post i think the forums have gone to hell to and i would like for some of u veterans to come back and spread the love around again :p

17. ziggyfly

ziggyfly Member

hmm this turned out to become interesting... And really. ive learned quite abit.

But well regardless of the negativity and well.. positivity haha Im gona get plugged back in... I just have to meet people all again! haha

18. 420MAN

420MAN Member

19. 420MAN

420MAN Member

OH well you know what they said "frighting for peace is like fucking for virginity"

20. wootier

wootier Member

dude thats my house number