A few to smile and frown

Discussion in 'Poetry' started by Oz!, Aug 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I agree with court, the last one was amazing. They all are though, I hope inspiration strikes you very often, because I could read these all day. :)

2. osiris

osiris Senior Member

The World will never de-serve your Hate. It will always serve it, for still it remains. That last piece is evidence of this fact. Thank you for confirmations and blessings.

;)

3. Oz!

Oz! Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

(quick note: thank you guys, I'm glad you enjoyed the poems :) TrippinBTM: I'm afraid I'm not a poet by nature and inspiriation is ever a fickle spirit. I'll keep posting them as they come tho' )

Again?

Show me that trick again
    The one you let me see
    To thrill me
    To chill me
    To make me gasp
    Let me see through your mystery

Show me that hidden smile
    The one that surprised you
    And delighted me
    We laughed nervously
    At that smile from the heart
    Don't keep it hidden from me

Tell me how morpheus blessed you
    I cannot see your dreams
    Your hope and laughter
    Wishes and fears
    Bring them out let them free
    Sing their song to me

Tell me lies like you used to
    I miss their sweet carress
    Lies so tender
    Lies of warmth
    Even lies can be a comfort
    When I'm trapped in your eyes

Let me hear your laughter
    I've tasted enough of tears
    Bitter and forced
    It faded and died
    Yet I hunger to hear your joy
    I would listen as it drowns in your rain

Remind me of things gone past
    Things I should have said
    A Gift of Love
    Should be given lightly
    Remind me of the time
    When I was too weak to grasp it's soul

4. osiris

osiris Senior Member

5. Oz!

There's always a braindead fucker ready to spam a thread.... even in the poetry forum :rolleyes:

6. osiris

osiris Senior Member

You say that as if you know about what it is that I laugh. That is a brash assumption. I am disappointed, but not surprised. Good day, sir.

:)

7. Oz!

No. I say that because I recognise that "Lol." is to constructive criticism what a chimpanzee' teaparty is to fine etiquette....... a pointless example and a waste of time and space for all concerned.

(i dont' know if you've opened the thread to read this osiris. if you have then i'd urge you to read the stickied threads on the front page of this forum...... moderators, poets and avid readers have put in a lot of work, and introduced some fine ideas with freely given advice.... all with the same aim, to keep this a forum that encourages new and experienced poets to share their work.... as I'm not a poet myself, and rarely taking anthing seriously, i respect that and think carefully before I give a reaction to anyone's work, I would encourage you to do the same)

Good day to you, sir ...... and good riddance :)

8. osiris

osiris Senior Member

There was no attempt on your part to understand: either the deeper strata of your own Work, or that of others. It sorrows me that people so flippantly dismiss the simple and welcome the complex. You recognize my laughter as derision, only because you seek to deride me. I was laughing in honor of the manner in which your subsequent post subconsciously and synchronistically answered the first that I made above. Yet you didn't seek that, but rather wished to confirm that in yourself which perturbs you, which is your own innate need to ridicule anyone who doesn't tickle your ears with praise, or, worse yet, veil their own dislike of your work with that entirely useless nonsense people so often refer to as "constructive criticism." I say it all with a smile, and rid you of my awful presence.

:)

9. Oz!

A post from you with some actual content..... this could be interesting.

There has been no attempt, on my part, to understand the deeper strata of my own work. That is why they are presented as they are, standing alone with little explanation. I choose to allow others to make of them what they will, without the interruption of my thoughts.

As for the work of others, some poems have turned my thoughts to the deeper aspect of the text on the screen, others leave me flat and uninterested. A poem draws in it's reader, the opposite is a futile goal.

And it sorrows me that people often mistake simplicity for depth... ce la vie..

I recognised your laughter as an attempt to be purposefully elusively enigmatic.... in the vain hope that I would ask you to extrapolate on that which you found humerous. But a giggling imbecile will remain a giggling imbecile until they prove themselves otherswise and I wasn't sufficiently intrigued to ask of the source of your amusment.

And yet you provide it anyway. It is welcomed, although it took some getting to.

I retract my "braindead fucker" comment.

I did seek that. By posting on this forum you are issuing an invitation to have your work judged by your peers. Such a shame that your egocentricity (or is it insecurity?) has reached a point where you feel that you have to be prompted to share your thoughts.

I'll share my own thoughts on others opinions on my work with the people who share their opinions directly. You are reading far much into this, my problem with you is that you made a pointless post. Seriously, go read the stickies....there is a huge thread pinned up there on the benefits/merits of single threads containing multiple poems v's each individual poem being presented in it's own thread. Read it, gain some understanding, then (hopefully) you'll see the source of my derision.... it isn't your opinion of my work.

Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.