A different kind of size.

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by monkjr, Apr 12, 2013.

1. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

How important is the height of a male in regards to attracting a female initially?

Is it a more important factor than the commonly asked penis size question?

NOTE: I kept both questions within the context of physical characteristics, and acknowledge abstract non-physical characteristics like personality but I wanted to discuss and compare these two physical based questions)

2. nz male

nz male Senior Member

I find short woman are a real great turn on for me - if attractive & medium height ones as well - but tall ones can be great too. They just have to look down at me & their breasts are at about my eye level. Sometimes height is not important either.

3. Inca

Inca Member

For me, I prefer taller men with some muscle, not defined muscle or anything (although that's nice) but some bulk on them. I don't go for thin/skinny men, or short men. He has to be taller and bulky to make me feel secure in his arms.

My husband is 6ft 4 and bulky and can definitely handle himself. He is well endowed in the man department - above average - but not too big. It IS a preference thing though, some women like their men smaller than them in height, some like thin men etc just like a certain type of woman is a preference thing for men.

I have also been with a guy who regularly worked out at the gym, had a great body, but oh boy....he spent so much time at the gym and preening himself thinking he was God's gift I got rid - his penis was average (5 to 6 inch.)

A friend of mine who I have known for many years is on the larger side (but not obese) and she went out with a guy who was just 4ft 10, and a size 4 shoe (he wore school shoes) She told me that his penis was 3 inch erect - HOWEVER - his personality exuded charisma and she said he certainly knew how to satisfy her in bed, in fact she said sex had never been so good ( and she had been with a few men! )

As I have said before, penis size, for me at least, is not the most important thing. Girth is more important imho, and what a man does with it and how he turns me on. The vagina's main nerves are only in the first 3 inch inside (along with the g spot) so you don't need a big penis to get a woman to climax.

Having said all the above - love has no preference - if you fall in love with someone you love them regardless of size, shape, etc - none of it matters, although preference may come into play for that initial attraction.

4. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Some of my workmates are very short females (just under 5 foot) & I feel dominant when I'm next to them & their height is a big turn on for me.
    Some have nice looks & figures.

5. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Right so that guy you mentioned who spent too much time preening was just arrogant in your view? I get that other factors matter in the long run.

But height seems to be one of those factors that seems to matter more in the dating scene, even before penis size or anything else that would involve clothes coming off takes place.

It might be a preference, but would you say that a short guy would be dismissed on the dating scene at a statistically higher percentage rate than some other guy who was taller but in the same setting? And remember, the dating scene can be extremely superficial and so it matters in the short term.

That's fine I guess, but this wasn't about what men thought about women's height on the dating scene, it was about what women thought about men's height.

6. Inca

Inca Member

A short guy for me can be and was dismissed initially (unless there was chemistry.)

Only once have I been attracted to a man who was not what I would consider tall. I am barely 5 ft btw, he was about 5ft 6. However this was on a girlie night out. He was very nice looking, and really wanted to get with me, we had a magnetic pull to one another, but I had to refuse as I am married and I would never be unfaithful. I showed him my ring and he was disappointed then he approached me for the "last dance" to say "no hard feelings" - I refused.

Had I not been married, I would have gone there without any doubts, and he was not my normal type at all - not just in height, but in other factors. There was a definite strong attraction there between us, so while "preferences" are important for that initial attraction, sometimes they don't factor in at all if the chemistry is there.

The guy who spent too much time preening (hours upon hours) also was arrogant in his view about himself, yes.

While shorter men were dismissed normally by me, there are women out there who prefer shorter men, and lots of them, so taller men are also dismissed. It is all down to individual preference.

Then you have your other preferences that are not deal breakers, such as I prefer a hairy chest as I love to rub my fingers through it, I am not keen on hairless men at all, BUT, if I got together with someone initially, then discovered a week later they had a smooth chest, I wouldn't end the relationship because of it, and it wouldn't make me like them any less.

7. Just_a_woman

Just_a_woman Member

I'm more attracted to men who are taller than myself and who weight more than myself. The difference can be small.

8. Sassygurl

Sassygurl Member

Same here. My preference is guys who are as tall or taller than I am. I also prefer to have the smaller waist size of the couple. Lol.

That being said I once met a guy who was about an inch shorter than I am and the chemistry was there...big time...so we got a hotel and got to business that night. So I guess great chemistry can win out over my preferences around height.

9. Vesmir

Vesmir Guest

Short guys always seem to feel that their height (or lack there of) makes it harder for them to attract women. They're probably right as a lot of women want a guy to be taller than them.

Of course, a big wallet can make up for a lot of short comings too ;)

10. Inca

Inca Member

Only for some materialistic women. I have never been interested in guys for their material worth. When I met my husband he told me flat he had nothing (he didn't even have his own place) - it made no difference to me and we are still happily married and still have nothing 28 years later. We don't have any savings because we have never had the money, we don't own a house for the same reason.

I have also dated the other end of the scale and been comfortably well off, but I had to end it as it just wasn't working for me.

11. Vesmir

Vesmir Guest

You'd be surprised at how many of those there are in the world.