A definition of AS I got from someone with AS

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by Dave_techie, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

I think a lot of people don't know what the social aspect of aspergers is. people with aspergers usually are oblivious to people socially. People with Asperger's will appear in their own little world and will often look like they are day dreaming. unmindful, unaware, unconscious.

so a person with asperger's either keeps it real and is themselves and appears oblivious or they are a actor. and if they are a actor then they appear as fake to other people. so they might as well keep it real. and do keep in mind there are a lot of people who DO NOT have aspergers who have actor personalities as well. so I am still somewhat suspicious of people with aspergers who claim they try to copy other people to fit in and I think they have some sort of other mental illness but not aspergers. generally a person with aspergers will find that stupid and find themselves to be to smart for that. they usually would prefer to be in their own little world in their mind than wasting their brain trying to act certain way. People with aspergers could care less about trying to fit in socially. people with aspergers prefer to touch into their
    imagination and creativity that they have rather than be associated with people socially. and their brains don't work normally like other peoples anyway so they can't connect with people socially anyway.

a true asperger is someone that is in their head deep deep into their imagination and far from trying to connect socially but can be extremely talkative if it is a subject of their interest. A true asperger is not good at normal conversations but is very good at deep anaylsis!!!!!! that is why people with asperger are generally very intelligent and are inventors and stuff. people with aspergers are masters of anaylsis.

people with aspergers are often misunderstood and taken the wrong way also. often when someone has aspergers it is not that obvious either. people are not just gonna know someone has aspergers. and also there are a lot of people who claim to have aspergers but just think they have it. and I think sometimes people with anxiety and social problems automatically think oh I have aspergers. or just cus someone feels different from society they feel like they have aspergers. aspergers is very very complex.

the social aspect of aspergers is just 1 part of it.

I have aspergers. and I have had it since childhood. there is much more I could write but nah no need. just remember you are born with asperger's it is not something that comes on. and it is far more complex than just the social aspects of it.

2. Rugor

Rugor Senior Member

I can tell if people are angry or sad or whatever. I just don't care to try to fit in or whatever. I just relax look around at the trees or whatever and chill. I can talk to people but when meeting new crowds of people most of the time people think I am a quiet guy but I can get into some pretty interesting conversations if someone actually tries to talk to me and does not pre assume stuff about me or judge me.

When socializing I don't know how to make proper eye contact or facial expression. most of the time I just look around at the trees and the ground and the sky and some people trip and wonder why when I talk to them I don't look them straight in the eye. but whatever. I don't go around and even tell people I got aspergers. I am diagnosed with it from a doctor. but yeah other than family members no one knows I have it. so if people ever wonder why I am how I am whatever they can think what they want. I think its stupid going around telling everyone you have aspergers. I think it is something that should be private.

3. MrKewl

MrKewl Member

p-p-p-POWER BUMP!

4. MrKewl

MrKewl Member

Hello yes
    this is Peter Gomez speaking
    ok im done now
    what is this
    how do i turn this internets off

5. MrKewl

MrKewl Member