A Congress of Womon

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tikoo, Feb 15, 2020.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I think the women should convene on the issue of population control . Womon is a good .
    Woo - mahn .

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I think that education can go miles in terms of helping with this. But the problem is people will still want kids. I don't have kids and am not planning a family. And I'm old enough to have done so; just haven't bit... For me it isn't practical, but there are plenty who feel the tug.

I remember studying about Population and the Environment in Sociology 2: Social Problems. Here is what it said about the different perspectives. A note on that... Those with conservative leanings may find themselves aligning with Functionalist perspectives and those who find they are more liberal may align with Conflict Theory. I don't know where to stand, but the other perspective is Symbolic Interactionism; which typically looks at a problem on the level of individuals interacting face to face - relationships among individuals. Okay! Here is an excerpt from Social Problems: Continuity & Change! :)

15.1 Sociological Perspectives on Population and the Environment – Social Problems links to book...

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Sociology sucks . It's like psychology is only philosophy .

soulcompromise likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

But it's mon that have most of the political clout.

5. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

6. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

The politics of Woo ? woo is Life spirit . The womb is essential Life existence place . How may
    the women gather for wisdom and consensus ?

7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Vast, man, vast. How do we get hold of those drugs?

8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Quit trolling .

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that in today's society, financial constraints are limiting the size of families.
    Sadly, their are still people having children without a proper home and any thoughts of how they are going to support them for the next 18+ years.

Flagme15 likes this.
  10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Financial constraints, but also the awareness of what it costs in all aspects (not just financial). It makes a lot of sense in current day and age to limit the amount of kids to two or three, instead of the common 8 or 9 our grandparents had.

Okiefreak likes this.
  11. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

So true, We are still supporting our daughter who is in her mid 30's, both financially in buying a house in London, along with renovating it, getting married and taking care of things (particularly her dog), while she is working as a police officer in these troubled times. Perhaps the worse part was her depressed state during the 8 months that she was at Grenfel tower following that dreadful fire.

PS, I am an only child, while Jane is one of fourteen siblings from a remote part of Ireland..
    PPS, I am about to become a grandfather. :yum::yum::yum:

12. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Congratulations.

wilsjane likes this.
  13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

There's more to it than that. Not is it not cost effective for a family, but also creates a burden on society.
    As an aside, I know someone who is a single mother, and has a 20yr. old daughter(single) who is having a kid.
    I asked the mother if her daughter was going to marry the father. She said no, the father was out of the picture.
    So, who ultimately pays for the cost of raising the kid? Yeah I know, it's a rhetorical question.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

More woman the womon!

15. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The trend in wealthy countries is for people to willingly limit the number of children they have. One way to control the population, therefore, is to support policies that increase the spendable income of average citizens, something 'social engineers' don't always seem to understand.

wilsjane likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

:grin::grin: Okay I'll just say it but, I don't think families need to be having more children. I'm not even convinced with the population increases with each generation that we can even look after them. I mean we can't even live on the earth right now without destroying it at the same time and babies are being born less than a second each <second of the day and they'll probably want kids too. It's mess up and that's all gonna come down to I mean like in 100 years time our expansion into land is going to have to happen, we're gonna levelling the earth even more, destroying even more natural habitats. Unless we move into a direction like Futurama soon right now, I am just not convinced.

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Woman = Woah man!

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah mon

19. everything bagel

everything bagel Banned

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll eat your wonton ;)