A climate change video

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Bilby, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

This makes a lot more sense than some other ideas I have heard.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

They need to build high powered magnets and place them somewhere on earth and somewhere on Mars. Then they could just inch earth back from the sun whenever necessary.

Change my mind.

3. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Mars will not be behind Earth again for 2 more years and the window would only be about 3 months. - Solar System Scope

Then of course you'd need to build giant electromagnets that use a gazillion times more power than the human race has ever used. Then,if such a thing was possible and we had access to all that power, just flicking it on for a second would fry the planet both thermally and magnetically. The Earths core polarity would shift 90 degrees and unleash apocalyptical earthquakes and volcanoes everywhere, continents would tear apart.

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  4. lode

lode Banned

This has nothing to do with anthropogenic climate change. Buy it was largely accurate.

If you'd like to see some a really great Documentary on the orbit of the Earth, I reccomend this one. (They took if off Netflix)

July to December - Orbit: Earths Extraordinary Journey

5. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

If we ignore the cost to do this you would need an understanding of space and psychics you seem too ignorant to learn. The phrase "change my mind" is generly said by people who don't want to learn new information as a jab. Like you are so stupid but it's OK entertain me.

I won't say it's impossible but unlikely (for cost and how well it works vs damage to the Earth) and it does not address most issues of the warming.

sincerely and respectfully
    someone who probably taken many more coursers on this then you.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
  6. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have no doubt that this concept is true. Just asking the question of how we moved on from the ice age before the industrial revolution should provide all the proof that anyone needs.

Wen it comes to all the laws and regulations, I fully support not poisoning our atmosphere by causing the poisonous fogs that killed thousands in the 1940s and 50s. It is also necessary to provide more natural energy, since we have already depleted the earth of about 50% the fuels that took millions of years to form in little more than a century.

However we need to avoid the pseudo-scientists and idiots that are simply in it to make money.

The best example is the ozone layer.
    Thousands of tons of ozone is produced annually to maintain it. But since it reacts with fluorocarbons, we had a problem. People simply failed to realize that 10 times more of these gasses were starting to be used to propel aerosols than in refrigeration where it is sealed.
    We simply banned the whole lot, before realizing that the planet is capable of dealing with released refrigeration gasses naturally. Its replacement is less efficient, increasing the electrical consumption of industrial equipment. It is also highly flammable and has cost many lives already,

Another worry to me is nuclear power, since it is providing ADDITIONAL heat to the equation from a source not found in the natural heat cycle.
    Few people realize that in cooling the reactors and turbines, 70% of the heat produced by the fission is dumped into the oceans. We wonder why the ice caps are melting faster.!!!!

7. Bilby

CFC's started to become dangerous when the patents held by DuPont and ICI started to expire and they had taken new patents out on replacement gases. How very commercially convenient for them! I consider DuPont to be just as bad as Monsanto.
    Ozone is produced by UV light falling on oxygen.There is a hole in the ozone layer in winter on the north and south poles as there is no sunlight during the winter.

8. quark

quark Parts Unknown

The polar bear in that video was later seen sexually assaulting Hillary Duff behind a KFC in North Bergen, NJ.

9. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

The problem arose, when huge quantities of CFC's were used to propel aerosols and released to atmosphere. The quantity simply became greater than nature could contend with,
    Another huge problem was that CFC's break down into phosgene when exposed to incandescent heat.
    As any refrigeration engineer knows, inhaling them through a cigarette is lethal.
    Who knows how many unsuspecting people were smoking while spraying deodorants and ended up with no idea how they had ended up with lung cancer, I personally suspect that the figure is very high, since no warnings were ever given.

As you may already know, It was an environmentally friendly fridge using R600 (isobutane) that started the Grenfel tower fire. Although the events that followed were entirely caused by incorrect installation of the buildings cladding, it caused a panic, leading to R502 being returned to air conditioning on the London tube network.

10. Bilby

Many aerosols never used CFC;s because CO2 was much cheaper.
    Once the patents expired, anyone with the equipment, materials and know how could then make refrigerant gases without paying royalties.