A cartoon sorta "moved" me.

Discussion in 'True Confessions' started by WeeDMaN, Sep 3, 2005.

1. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Last night, as I was drunk and baked I was watching Futurama, you know the one where he finds his dog petrified in some sort of material and they wanna clone him. And it has flashbacks from the past where him and his dog are best friends until he is crynogeneically frozen. And at the end he learns he lived 15 years, and 3 is the only years they where together, so he decides not to cuz he thinks he lived a full life and forgot about him years ago. And then at the end it shows the dog sitting on a sidewalk infront of frys workplace(that pizza parlor). And he just sits there , looking both ways waiting for fry. And this song started playing , I dont know what its called but the girl is singing "Even if it takes 1000 summers, Ill be waiting for you". And steadily the days pass, then the years, and you see the dog getting older and older, sitting there, waiting, constantly looking both ways awaiting that moment when his master returns. Until the dog is very old, the boss from the workplace gets very old. Then the dog lies down to sleep.Or dies whichever , but still, with that song playing and that dog, it reminded me of my old dog, who dissapeared one day and we never ended up finding again, the coolest dog I ever had(he even liked beer!). Then I felt pritty bad cuz I havnt seen him in about 4-5 years now. I dunno I think it was the beer n bud fuckin around with me but that ending actually got me thinking. Anyone seen that episode?

2. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

oh, for fucks sake. that made me cry! but i'm pregnant. i cry at just about everything.

3. TheLizardQueen

TheLizardQueen horny for knowledge

ya i cried too. that was a good episode

4. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

woh, people actually cried! I guess I would of had I been more fucked up than I already was, but ya that episode OWNS Im gonna download it hahah.

5. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

I love anything that moves me, if you ever get a chance to see an anime series called "kanon", do it, it builds up to a point where I was crying for a full 3 episodes (the series is only 13 eps)

6. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

that episode is soooo sad

7. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

:( i havent seen it but it sounds brilliant. futurama is amazing. the last episode is so good.

8. heero134

heero134 Member

That was a good ep. I've never seen the last episode though~

9. ydnim

ydnim hiya

i agree it was really sad. I just wanted him to bring the dog back . : (

10. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

He could clone the dog but it would never be the same old, sad dog that waited for him so many years. :(

I get teary eyed thinking about stuff like this, emotional bonds with loving creatures.

11. Obituary~Birthday

Obituary~Birthday Member

i don't think i saw the last episode. hmmm

12. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

you know, duckman used to move me from time to time.

13. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

haha, duckman could be very moving...if you cocked your head to the left side, squinted, crossed your eyes, and stuck out your tongue...very very touching stuff :p

14. ydnim

ydnim hiya

haha. i have not seen duckman in forever.

15. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

hahah I used to watch duckman back when I was like 9 or 10, and Id just laugh at how many times they said words like asshole in it :p

16. Unbreakable_T

Unbreakable_T Member

my beautiful dog chelsea, got her for my 5th birthday, died about this time last year, I saw that episode of futurama again yesterday and it just fucking ripped my heart out