90S Kids - What Do You Miss About The 90S?

Discussion in 'Remember When?' started by StellarCoon, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Dental_Floss

Dental_Floss Members

seriously nothing... wait 1 thing... I miss the internet of the 90's when it wasn't cool to be online or meet people from a chat room or date them. I hate that it's cool and everyone is online now it has not really helped society it's hurt it and made shit people famous.

2. Dental_Floss

Dental_Floss Members

ummm almost everything you guys list are still around.. can still be found and seen... so how can you miss something that is still there?

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Geeze buzzkill much?

it's not the materialistic possession of said items, it was the youth and chilled out non caring attitude that made them so great. Sure, I can play my Nintendo whenever I want but you know what? I don't have the time anymore. That's the nostalgia, the feeling of excitement, I remember the same excitement I had as a kid when I got my first AvP figurines as I did when I bought them again on eBay and received them in the mail. That's what is so special. Or when I watch Jurassic Park, it still stirs those same feelings in me I had when I watched that in the movies.

At least for me, anyhow.

:)

2 people like this.
  4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yeah half of these posts are not about the 90's specificly but about the innocence and bliss of our youths. Supercool so many people had such a youth :) I was one of them. It's a miracle I'm not a nostalgic sobber because my youth was the best ;) :p

Having a real lack of responsibility and no real obligations is just really groovy and something you only have as a kid.

5. fundoo

fundoo Members

sad thing is, is that it's getting harder and harder to find/buy players and the cassettes! We still had a few VHS, but our players kept dying and so, just kinda had to give up! And they don't make things like they useta! ;)

6. fundoo

fundoo Members

awe! ran out of "likes" again!!!

well, well said Asmo and Irminsul! Agreed!

and also, chess for me too, but i never actually ever got better at it. ahhh! :p

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Did you also have this lunchbox?

[​IMG]

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  8. fundoo

fundoo Members

ohhhh man!! that wasn't to me, but awe! i remember that! Sadly didn't have it. Think I maaay have been too ?old? [​IMG]
    but I actually wanted it! yeah, those were some great movies too! (again, I've run out of likes for today :p )

--------------------------------
    oh, this, man!! Except I didn't have it either. My neighbor did though.

[​IMG]

omg! and did anyone else do this, or was it just our town...go around saying "psyche!" (you know, instead of "just kidding") :D

9. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

i bought some trading cards and video games for the nostalgia about 4 years ago. still haven't even opened up the games yet.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

cars with carburetors and points

seems like the 90's was the last of those around here..all rotted away now except for a few classics

everthing now is efi and multiple coils

11. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I miss recording songs on the radio and playing them in a Walkman

1 person likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

In 2017, why the fuck am I supposed to pay for music from 20/30 years ago???

Join up Spotify or get a voucher for Apple music so I can pay for music I already paid for

I brought the Thriller Cassette in 1983, I already payed for it, and MJ isnt even alive, so the money goes to whoever holds the rights, the sony corporation a lot of the time now, give them money for what?

In the 90s I brought all the Offspring albums, Soundgarden (he isnt alive anymore either)

This is what I miss most about the early 90s anyway, stick a cassette in the player, tape a song off the radio, make a mixed tape, easy

Thats kind of thing isnt really easier nowadays, even if you bittorrent songs, they have different volumes, you make a play list, the third song you can hardly hear, so you turn up the volume, 2 songs later its as loud as fuck so you fumble for volume control. And you usually have to stuff around with the metadata, so it doesnt end up in "unknown" and you can find the song 6 months later

CD's werent an improvement, better quality, but they were ruined in 6 months

1 person likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i miss being able to do basically whatever i wanted to do

hurt my back in the mid/late nineties

life hasnt been the same ever since

14. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I miss...

No responsibilities
    Riot Grrrl
    Seinfeld
    Josta (seriously, where the fuck did it go?)
    Getting away with wearing a babydoll dress with combat boots

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I still wear baby doll dresses with combat boots. Its a good look

I miss this zine I used to get in the mail every month from some chick I met in an AOL chat room lol. It was awesome and I felt so hip reading it

I miss prank calls before the days of caller ID, my best friend and I spent many Saturday afternoons prank calling people. And once two guys prank called us, they chose my number at random. We thought they were hilarious so we ended up talking to them on the phone and then meeting, and then dating them. Good times.

2 people like this.
  16. StellarCoon

ah, good times indeed

17. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Jynco jeans and chain wallets.

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I miss Blockbuster video

I know it’s not kosher but I miss driving over to the video store on Friday evenings to make my weekend selections.

I still have my Blockbuster video card which is completely worthless

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  19. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i miss a few people that were around back then but died early

always feels like i lose a small piece of myself seeing schoolmates in the obituaries ..even if i didnt know them that well

20. StellarCoon

Same.