90s hip-hop

Discussion in 'Music' started by sicko, May 22, 2004.

1. sicko

sicko Member

this anyone elses favorite type of music?
    my CD player rarely makes contact with something other than a 90s hip-hop cd
    ahh the good ol days
    wu-tang clan and their solo/side projects, onyx, cypress hill, redman, rakim, epmd, nas :D

2. joe

joe Banned

i love it, its good stuff and ive been searching high an low for some 90's rap
    could you possibly list about 20 good songs so i could make a CD?

3. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

The Pharcyde - Bizzare Ride to the...is my favorite Hip Hop album of all time.
    Add to your list; Kool Keith, Gangstarr, Jedi mind Tricks, Blahzay Blahzay, Smif n Wessun, Mobb Deep.
    I've just been inspired and am off to listen to Dr Octogon - Blue Flowers [​IMG]

4. sicko

sicko Member

what are you lookin for? there's so many different styles that probably wouldnt go good on a CD together... heh

5. sicko

sicko Member

yeah pharcyde, kool keith, gangstarr, mobb deep all good... not sure about the others. was JMT around in early 90s?

6. Diamond Gord

Diamond Gord Member

Not early 90's but Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological & Electro Magnetic Manipulation was first released in 97 on vinyl only.

7. MistyMountainTop

MistyMountainTop Member

Hip hop ain't my absolute favorite, but it's 3rd (over classic rock and jam bands).
    Wu-Tang is good. Check out: Naughty By Nature, People Under the Stairs, A Tribe Called Quest. Some of Snoop Dogg's stuff during that time period was sick. I don't consider Snoop Dogg hip-hop though, more gangsta.