90-year-old man takes out $10K ads to tell AT&T CEO about slow service

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Dude111, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/90-year-old-man-takes-out-10k-ads-tell-t-n1257725

I give him credit for trying so hard to get the word out..... Couldnt he have called them??

It IS insane though how slow things are here in the states AND HOW HIGH PRICED THEY ARE!!

2. wrat1

wrat1 Members

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I read the whole thing to the last word.

I'm always amazed at how poorly seniors are received in industry. I blame the technological learning curve - usually, no one explains anything worth half a darn. If you didn't unbox day one the iPhone came out, you might as well shelve it.

In this case, it's a tale of money well spent. & I'm glad AT&T did the right things there.

I have Frontier's Fundamental which is cool. It's only for folks on low-incomes, but they assessed my situation before I got my job so it's looking at my fixed/disability income and saying "Okay then, your internet is $20 a month for 50Mbps/50Mbps", which is fast enough for anything but gaming really. It never bogs down.

I'd encourage everyone and anyone who has SNAP or any assistance of any kind to try this: Frontier Fundamental Internet Service | Frontier.com | Frontier

4. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

This guy was about 65 years old when the internet came into common usage in the US (1996). I'm amazed that this is important to him at all. He probably never even saw broadcast television until he was an adult age and had already done his military service. He was likely in his 30s before he ever rode in an air conditioned automobile.

Now, he doesn't want to live with slow internet service? I get that, at age 90, he doesn't have a whole lot of time left and he doesn't want to spend most of it waiting for a news article to download. However, I don't get that he wants to spend any of his remaining time looking at a screen at all.

We like what we like, and we want what we want, I suppose.

Dude111 and wrat1 like this.
  5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes I am amazed also he even wanted it!!!!

Some older people DO NOT LIKE this newer stuff as they dont understand it.. (My granpa was one of em)

6. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Could it be that he has a medical problem and his mobile ;phone is monitoring his condition with the information beamed to his hospital. If the internet is slow, this could be affecting the monitoring of his health condition, hence the reason for his complaint.