85 Year Old Woman Dragged Away From Anti-Fracking Protest

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by BlackBillBlake, Oct 14, 2017.

1. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

uhm she admits it in the interview

she was upset that a truck came close to her so she decided to move out into the "mouth of the entrance" to illegally block trucks

then admits to refusing the officers orders to move

seems kind of dumb to sit in the road after saying the shoulder was dangerous enough...they should have held her for psych evaluation

2. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Yeah but angry Granny Blocks road ! what kind of headline would that make ^^^ serves her right she should know better at 85

3. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

As I live in England - and have knowledge of the particular situation, I speak with a degree of assured accuracy.
    Clearly you do not know about the principles of protesting
    If you have ever been on a protest yourself you would know the manner in which conviction is exhibited and the reaction which should be employed
    There is a difference in being dragged and being removed, and having seen this in action first hand, know how that is and if/when more forcible action is required
    so as for "that's what happens when you make those choices" - seems to me that it is something that you do not adhere to such matters in conscience
    - But then again I could be wrong - I'd be interested in knowing how/if you protest

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i dont protest

im a law abiding citizen and am too busy with work and family to waste my time complaining about what other people or legal businesses choose to do.

someone has to work and pay taxes to pay for the police salaries while they waste their time removing law breakers from the roadways

1 person likes this.
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I also don't protest. Primarily because I don't need to get arrested. Ever. For any reason. lol seriously though I don't want to get arrested and I don't relish the thought of a baton upside the head either. It's nice that some people will stand up for the rights that others want though. I'm indebted to so many protesters that put their butts on the line so that I can live my life. I feel similarly about service men and women.

6. WOLF ANGEL

Don't get me wrong, Everyone has a Right to Protest, - or Not - the causes they advocate as a right and just
    But comments like "they should have held her for psych evaluation"is not only wrong - but a slap in the face to all (presumably) on this forum.
    But I guess that's how life is where you live(?)
    I may be of older years, but my conscience is engraved with the right to stand by conviction - perhaps resolve is more acute in those of such generation(?)
    It doesn't follow that if one Protests - it will lead to being arrested - I have protested many times without issue - it can and does make a difference
    As 'Soulcompromise' states a degree of respect and acknowledgement should be given for those who do put themselves in harms way - for the sake of others

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

when youre trying to work...and someone decides to step in front of your car and block you because of their beliefs...id like to see how much you will respect them

or will you say "who is this damn crazy?"

..and probably call the police to drag them out of your way

1 person likes this.
  8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

9. morrow

morrow Visitor

Look at the police woman's face, there is no strain there, I believe that old lady was treated as best as the police in that situation could..
    Going back to the toxteth riots, the miners strikes, Emily Pankhurst days.. a lot has been learned about how to treat old women.

Look what I found! More of a blokes abuse of the police tbh.. gobby Lancashire bloke..

https://youtu.be/7WUixZaRt6I

1 person likes this.
  10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

could only watch the first half

i have trouble being an audience for 85 year old that thinks she can do whatever she wants with no consequences just because of her age...shame on those protesters for letting a feeble old lady put herself in such a dangerous position (sitting on a roadway)

2 people like this.
  11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Yeah, whenever anyone is pissed at something let's just let them act anyway they want to.

12. WOLF ANGEL

[​IMG] Well said It's called having Conviction of Conscience.
    As long as there is constructive reasoning, which can be orated in a structured manner with supporting evidence then one must always be true to that which one believes in

13. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I think the police showed Incredible restraint There dealing with that guy !
    You people who moan all the time about this Country go try that ANYWHERE else see how you get on ;)
    One for the Bobbies I reckon ( and these are the guys that have to put themselves in danger to protect the public )