80's flashback

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by Eden, Jun 4, 2004.

1. Eden

Eden Member

one of my favorite ice cream treats from the 80's is back.. jello pudding pops!!! anyone remember them??? they come in three flavors :vanilla,chocolate, and swirl... they are soooooo good... i love 'em. anyone else remember them?

2. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....pudding pops

sure I remember them

3. Enonemouse

Enonemouse Happy Wanderer

I used to make my own pudding pops. Will dig out the recipe for you all!!!

Love & Laughter
    Enonemouse

4. Enonemouse

Homemade Pudding Pops

1 pkg instant pudding (any flavour)
    2 cups milk
    1/2 cup cream
    1/2 cup sugar

Mix well and put into popsicle trays and freeze. Once frozen remove and enjoy!! Too easy!!!!!

Enjoy Peeps
    EnonEmouse

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

you can give us the recipe, but can you give us the LOVE??

They're so much better when you make them!!

would you make us some pudding pops, PLEASE?!?!?!?

( I'm not kidding.......)

6. Eden

Eden Member

awesome, TY![​IMG]

7. Eden

Eden Member

can anyone please tell me how to properly post pictures? ty!

8. Enonemouse

I would love to but I think they would be a bit melted after a trip from the Uk over to you. they are really easy and yummy too I use some fun flavours of pudding as well with makes them even nicers. I have made pistachio (sp) ones and added extra crushed nuts and they where really yummy. I have a cool popsicle recipe as well I can give ya these use Jello.

Love & Popsicles
    EnonEmouse

9. Enonemouse

Popsicles

1 pkg Jello (any flavour you want)
    1 pkg kool-aid (any you want that will go with the jello)
    1 cup sugar
    3 cups boiling water
    2 cups cold water

Dissolve the jello in the boiling water. Add sugar and mix well. Then add the Kool-aid and cold water. Pour into popsicle trays and freeze. Once frozen remove from tray eat and enjoy.

10. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

well, im trying the pudding pops recipe right now.. just waiting on them to freeze... i made 2 batches, in one i used chocolate pudding and 1 cup of plain milk and 1 cup of chocolate milk (i wanted them to be extra chocolatey :D) and the other batch i used part chocolate, part vanilla pudding mix and just plain milk.. i hope they turn out..

ooh, and i had left overs so i mixed all the pudding together with what was left of the creme and made some chocolate mousse! its yummy :D

11. Mari

Mari Member

I'm on my second batch of the pudding pops and they are a big hit here! Thanks for posting the recipe! :)

First batch was chocolate fudge, then I made banana...only two of those left now. I think I have to buy more popsicle molds..lol

12. Enonemouse

Figure once they where tried you wouldn't want the crap store bought ones anymore thats for sure. My family turn their noses up at store ones now I can get away with Mr. freezes every now and then but mainly homemade or I heard about it big time.

Love & Yummy
    EnonEmouse

13. Mari

Mari Member

I think I'm going to have the same problem here after this. But that's ok, it's a pretty healthy snack and a nice change. Plus they can help make them, the hard part is waiting for them to freeze.

You never said what kind of cream so I used half and half. I'm thinking too that the banana ones would be nice with little bits of banana in them or even strawberry. Don't know if they would all sink though. Might have to refrigerate it a bit before putting it in the molds.

14. Enonemouse

I will try this again. I wrote a long post then lost it somehow.

I use full cream most of the time unless I figure the kids are eating too many and don't need the calories then I use half and half. The best one I find to make out of half and half is chocolate as you don't seem to notice the difference as must but really it's what you prefer trhey both work.

As for the fruit thing I have added chocolate chips to them and they all sank to the bottom no matter what I did. Which then means the top of the pudding pop is mainly chocolate chips but the kids liked them. I have never tried the fruit in the pudding once but I have put it in the Jello ones and if you let it set a bit then add the fruit is helps but they still either sink for float depending on the fruit. Let me know how the banana worked as I have never tried them yet.

Love & Pudding Pops
    EnonEmouse