78 year old householder is arrested for stabbing intruder.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ged, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Giggidy Giggidy

scratcho likes this.
  2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

No. I don't have a gun. No one does here. But I have three knives lying around and I sleep with one beside my pillow. Anyone busts in they better get me first because I will use it.

morrow likes this.
  3. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Oh. Maybe you were making romantic overtures? I guess the idea of maximum force is a turn-on.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If you ever have to use those knives because someone broke in, make sure that when you use them, that they aren't able to show up and testify in court

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

See... This why you don't use a knife.

Bashing the guy repeatedly with a 2X4 and then pushing him down a flight of stairs, on the other hand... "Gee officer, I don't know. He broke into my house and when I asked him what he was doing he turned and fell down the stairs... 5 times."

scratcho, storch and 6-eyed shaman like this.
  6. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i would need more information about the incident before i criticize it.

7. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

In Texas the actions of the homeowner would be applauded. Break into my home and you're going to get blasted by my 12 gauge.

Eric! likes this.
  8. morrow

morrow Visitor

Love that it made the usa news.. only because of the responses from people....

you come into my home uninvited, you take your chance with me... we cant have guns.. most people in the uk say they would use a knife... me too!

my parents were burgled.. unless its happened to you, or your elderly parents, you have no idea how it effects people... my dad was deaf, and my mum woke him to go close the living room door, she felt a draft.. they lived in a bungalow, on one level... she never got over that she sent my dad to god knows what could have happened.. they had to move.. what they took away from my parents could never be replaced.. first time they felt vulnerable..

there were 2 burglars, one had a screw driver.. he did right stabbing him! shit that comes into your home uninvited, dont care about you.. scum!
    UK police arrest 78-year-old after burglar stabbed to death

Eric! likes this.
  9. been arrested for murder according to BBC 6pm news.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

thanks for that link

it appears he was taking in for questioning while they investigate

sounds perfectly normal to me for police to investigate when someone dies

arrested during investigation is not the same as charged and convicted

Eric! likes this.
  11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yup. You BETTER watch those 78 year olds!!

12. storch

storch banned

While getting a haircut a couple years ago, the subject of whether or not you can shoot a home invader came up. A man said, "You shouldn't shoot 'em." I said, "You mean if I wake up in the middle of the night and see the silhouette of a person in the doorway, I can't defend myself?" He said, "You don't know if he's going to harm you." I said, "Well yeah, that's the point, ain't it?! I mean, he's in my house in the middle of the night. What am I supposed to think." He said, "You should try to get away first." I said, "But he's standing in the doorway. What then?" He said, "You go out a window." I said, "What if I have a kid in another room? What then?" He said, "Well maybe then; you could shoot 'em, but just shoot him in the leg."

The interesting part of that conversation was that the guy was basically telling me that the home invader's safety and security was suddenly my responsibility.

By the way, the woman cutting my hair sided with the other guy, and I ended up with the worst haircut of my life and an "accidental" gouge from her scissors. :mask: Thank god she didn't have a gun!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    scratcho likes this.
  13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

or he was telling you not to shoot at shadows or hallucinations in case your bullet goes thru the wall and hits the kid in the bedroom next door

14. morrow

morrow Visitor

His disabled wife whom he cares for was also in that house... i hope he is home really soon.

Eric! likes this.
  15. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Police have to arrest him and investigate, to make sure that he his telling the truth and it was not some type of ongoing dispute that got out of hand, rather than just a burglary.
    You would be amazed at what is discovered when some (rarely involving older people) crimes like this are fully investigated.
    Assuming that he was telling the truth, he will have little to fear from the police or legal system. Assuming that the case goes to court, the most likely outcome will be that he will be bound over not to stab another burglar for 12 months.

Eric! likes this.
  16. storch

storch banned

I never thought of that! That settles it. I'm going to nip this thing in the bud; I'm not having kids.

17. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

next door means neighbours kids

bullets go thru walls

unfocusedanakin likes this.
  18. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

England's police force is candy ass

morrow and SpacemanSpiff like this.
  19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Unless the police think that he is not being fully truthful about the incident, he will be processed and then should be remanded not to move to any other address (without informing them) and not to leave the UK. Hopefully, it should not take more than a couple of hours.

20. storch

storch banned

Yeah but my neighbor's kids egged my house and toilet papered my trees last fall. So they're not a concern.