70’s music

Discussion in 'Music' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 27, 2019.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

morrow likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Only 1 of the 87 operas written was half decent and that was mostly written in 1969. :yum::yum::yum:

morrow likes this.
  3. morrow

morrow Visitor

I'd love! To see that.. I have the book, audio CDs.. and a rare film.. love it! Thanks Will

Oh yeah, I did this as a study in my English language GCE,s..lol fancy forgetting that lol

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I hear ya EricF1976!!!

I also 70s and earlier IN ANALOGUE as they sound the best!!

EricF1976 likes this.
  5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Those days of REAL GCE's What we did then would qualify for a PhD today. Although I am now chartered as an engineer, my only really appropriate written qualification when I designed an award winning heating system for a theater were my GCE's in physics and chemistry. Coupled with WW2 munitions technology and my study of electrolysis. I was able to design the electrode boilers that ran maintenance free for 10 years.
    That was where I earned my nickname as 'the professor', amended to 'nutty professor' by a few of my friends. :yum:

My books for English literature, were The Machine Stops and Odour of Chrysanthemums. The later is still one of my favorite stories. Few people realize that is was based on true events at the mining town where DH Lawrence lived as a child. The story was largely based on the events and interactions between his mother and a neighbor at the time when her husband was killed in a pit accident. That final paragraph still haunts me today after 54 years.

At last it was finished. They covered him with a sheet and left him lying, with his face bound. And she fastened the door of the little parlour, lest the children should see what was lying there. Then, with peace sunk heavy on her heart, she went about making tidy the kitchen. She knew she submitted to life, which was her immediate master. But from death, her ultimate master, she winced with fear and shame.

morrow likes this.
  6. morrow

morrow Visitor

Face bound.. yuk, the thought of it, must have looked terrible. Still is done now, but the thought.. sounds a great story though.

7. hotwater

8. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

How about Fleetwood Mac before Nicks&Buckingham turned them into just another pop group.

Dannie Kirwan, Bob Welch, Christine McVie, John McVie and Mick Fleetwood

9. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Come on Fleetwood Mac was no one before Fleetwood Mac in 1975 and Rumours in 1977 [​IMG]

10. Jude96

Jude96 Members

One of my favorite all time songs.. 1970

MeAgain likes this.
  11. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

12. Total Darkness

13. Total Darkness