7 Facts About Processed Food

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by jettyork, Oct 19, 2011.

1. jettyork

jettyork Guest

I wrote these lines for your benefit, when I was waiting someone at McDonald down street.

Many of us are eating processed foods, especially when in hurry or on the go. Here are some realities about processed foods which we should know about before continuing the habit:

1. Preservatives are used to prolong life of the food stored. These preservatives are made up of chemicals which are harmful for health.

2. Artificial sweeteners and scents are added to enhance its taste and smell. To the tongue they are tasty but are not good for body health.

3. Any add on which the vendor promotes that these minerals and vitamins are supplemented for nutrition can harm you through certain allergies by entering in your blood stream.

4. Processed meat is always taken from farm animals raised for the purpose. These animals are fed with such additives which raise them in shortest possible time. They can pass on to its user.

5. Artificial enhanced coloring and flavoring is toxic.

6. Food is processed in large containers, which are used repeatedly in a factory style. Most of the food processing plants work beyond their age and are toxic.

7. Most of the packed food requires microwave to cook and get ready for eating. Microwave kills healthy enzymes and deteriorates nutritious food.

2. Strawberry_Fields_Fo

Strawberry_Fields_Fo RN

Yeah, most of this is commonly known, esp around these forums. Maybe get more specific rather than just saying "it's toxic." I'll still eat my processed food tho--I've got enough in my life to worry over to stress about food. To each their own.

3. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

i cut out that type of food because its gross in general[to me]....i still choke down a burger when in dire staits hungerwise.....

4. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

I barely eat process food expect for a cheese steak every now and then

5. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

processed plants and animals can hardly be called food. :)

6. lovelyxmalia

lovelyxmalia Banana Hammock Lifetime Supporter

Not to mention the kidney stones they give you.

But remember, processed foods go far beyond fast food and restaurants... 75% of what you get in grocery stores are processed goods, also.

7. pattymary

pattymary Member

what a great post!it is describing with precision what i am feeling with all my senses!i do not eat processed food and try always to eat as close as possible to the original state of the food, and i am a vegan..i totally agree but everybody do what he wants.. all these toxins cause sickness one day,sorry for who does not mind..but processed food goes with a lifestyle also..

8. jettyork

jettyork Guest

Thanks, you really understood my concerns. Adopt healthy life style rather than over stuff your belly. A meal which tastes good doesn't mean that it is good for your health.

"We Are, What We Eat"

All you habitual eaters, avoiding processed and junk food to maximum. You would notice in few days that your body would be in shape, reduced risk of heart disease. you would sleep well and no diabetes. Respiratory system would work fine and healthy blood flow would make you active.

9. Well Arranged Dust

Well Arranged Dust Member

Yea I pretty much knew everything on the list. I have worked in fast food for something like 6 or 7 years. Still i think it is a great reminder that most of us are so busy that we do not even stop and think about what we are eating everyday. Personally i do eat these foods more than i wish too.

10. mayb2l8

mayb2l8 Member

eating healthy is not a well dicussed/informed topic in our current society. i have been using a very simple eating routine (sticking to it, can be difficult !). flush as much as possible with H2O, eat whole (non processed) foods. eat organic if possible and reduce or illiminate meat products. i really believe that drinking water to flush toxins and hydrate is key to overall health...also, very important is keeping your digestive tract functioning properly

11. RainForest

RainForest Banned

i never ate processed food before and thanks for the facts

12. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

May I point out that ALL HEAT kills good enzymes!
    That's one reason why people choose to be on a raw diet. If you cook anything, any way it will have less nutrients than if you ate it raw.

13. greenbud guru

greenbud guru Member