Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Gangster Guru, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Now that is interesting. Perhaps the US is indeed the last incarnation of Rome. Obama seems to be pulling strings from the sidelines in an effort to render Trump's administration as irrelevant as his own. Trump is discovering the hard way that US politics isn't even slightly similar to that of corporations and that the nation can't be run like a business. I can't say I'm broken up over it, though many here have accused me of being a Trump supporter (laughable at best).

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

3. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

666 the number of the beast. I actually loved that song as a teenager. Iron Maiden was my favorite. Oh, how times change

4. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

666 is about Nero, not Satan.

themnax likes this.
  5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

evil is not an identity. it is a form of behavior.
    aggressive inconsiderateness is that form of behavior.

a number is just a number and the unknown is unknown.
    all of this devils and daemons business, in every belief where it occurs
    is the denial of the reality of the diversity of the possible.

Ajay0 likes this.
  6. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Imho, from the Christian theological perspective, Jesus states that the kingdom of God is within ourselves , and that God is love. This obviously would mean that the core of our soul is essentially love and divine in nature.

This equates also with the teachings of Hinduism and Buddhism that the Self or Buddha nature is our core essence.

When the intrinsic core of love within us is obscured by layers of desires in the form of vices like lust, hatred, greed, we obviously attract that which is inauspicious and vicious.

It is the demons within us that attract the external demons of anti-christs, devils and Beasts.

So if we clean and purify the heart ( which is equated with consciousness in Hinduism) of the vices, we will be able to perceive the Divine or core of love within ourselves.

This could be what the biblical message ,"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God" tells us. (The Hindu saint Vivekananda considered this saying to contain the essence of the bible and that "This sentence alone would save mankind if all books and prophets were lost. ".)

These are just my personal views on this subject so as to offer a different perspective.

themnax and NookaTheNook like this.