60s music

Discussion in 'Class Suggestions' started by rat9514, Feb 25, 2010.

1. rat9514

rat9514 Banned

music... especially 60s music. :)

2. Mr. Flibble

Mr. Flibble Member

what do you want to know ?
    The 60's was...
    the end of Rock n Roll
    the re-discovery of the Blues.
    The birth of Rock (which came from the Blues)
    The Folk music revival and expansion.
    Pop music taking over from rock n roll
    Jazz moving into soul and funk (just my opinion, criticisms welcome-let's get a good music history thread going here).

Heavy metal didn't appear until, as is widely agreed, Black Sabbath released their first album in 1970

3. waukegan

waukegan Member

i liked the sound of motown alot....country western was into a pretty good thing in the 60's...i remember hearing some good jazz records that a neighbor had....on another thread there is an interesting discussion of songs of the early 60's and i think how in the mid sixties dyan,barry mcguire and others had a large influence on what king of music listened to on the radio,phonographs and hi-fis...can't forget about the british music of the 60's.well i guess i could go on and on....you seem to have opened a can of music and that's good.

4. worldsofdarkblue

worldsofdarkblue Banned

A 14 year old is discovering 60's music. As a very old fogey I've noticed that true music lovers always do. The variety of truly great music that was released from Jan. 1, 1960 to Dec. 31, 1969 is astonishing.

5. floes

floes Senior Member

the 60's never happened. the government had a huge war and they are just trying to cover it up. war in Vietnam. thats just where everyone was told they where. they where actually in brazil.

thats why they put lsd in the water supply. so people where so tripped out they really couldn't tell the truth.

6. worldsofdarkblue

worldsofdarkblue Banned

It was all just a beautiful dream.

But where the hell did all these lp's I got come from?

Oh man, I'm freakin' out.