504W Independent Test with LED Grow Lights

Discussion in 'LED Growing' started by LEDGirl, Oct 20, 2009.

1. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

My friend (who wishes to remain anonymous) allowed me to photograph her grow using 4, 126W Penetrator LED Grow Lights from yours truly. Her grow consisted of only 4 plants, split into two groups of 2, that were about 3 weeks apart from each other. The plants were in our 2' x 4' aeroponics tray, and only received LED light during this bloom cycle. You will notice a few left over HID's hanging in the background in the photograph, but that's all they did the whole time. They've since been removed and put up for sale.

Anyhow, back to the grow at hand. The first pictures are from 8-22-09, when the oldest plants were about 3 weeks into bloom. The two larger plants are Strawberry Cough X White Rhino, and AK47. The smaller plants are Ice, and AK47. The nutrients used for this test were Humboldt Nutrients Master A & B, Ginormous, Cal, Mag, and Molasses. The CO2 was at 700ppm during the first 4 weeks of bloom, and varied between 700-1100ppm during the remainder of bloom. Room temp was a steady 80-85 degrees, and the humidity was between 40-50%. Anyhow, enjoy the first picture, cause there's lots more to come.

This picture was taken 8-22-09:

2. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

These pictures were taken 8-26-09:

3. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

These pictures were taken 9-1-09:

4. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

My friend added an extra 126W to the group today, giving her a total of 5 now. So for the last few weeks, she'll have 630W LED in total spread out over her area.

These pictures were taken 9-4-09:

5. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

This next set of images shows you how our lights work. Some people were mistaken, thinking that each plant had access to 630W of LED, when this simply is not the case. Each 126W has a narrow footprint, as you can see below. The first picture starts with 4 lights on, and then we turn them off one by one. Flip back and forth through them a few times after they've loaded, to get the full effect.

These pictures were taken 9-10-09:

6. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

The following pictures are mainly for comparison purposes. To give you an item to compare to the buds, so you know how big they are. We show bottom buds and top buds, so have a look.

These pictures were taken 9-14-09:

7. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

So I took a vacation, which is why there is a lapse in photos. When I got back, I found out that the AK47 plant had been chopped about 1.5 weeks too early!!! So it doesn't show up in these pictures...

These pictures were taken 9-25-09:

8. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

So here are the results from the AK47 that was chopped early: 7.5 ounces dry weight.

My friend had some AK47 left over from her previous harvest with HID, so we found two buds nearly equal in size, one from LED, one from HID and compared them. You'll notice that the two vary in weight by 40%! The denser of the two was grown under LED.

These pictures were taken 9-29-09:

9. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

In these photos you get to see us weighing out the AK. Just subtract the number in the final photo (the scale measures pounds, then ounces, etc...) from the second to last photo and you get the 7.5oz's listed above.

These pictures were taken 9-29-09:

10. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

So here is the finale guys. The Strawberry Cough was cut 10-3-09. The rest of the plants were also chopped, not cause they were done, but because my friend wanted to make room for her next plants which she will be doing Scrog. I'll feature that grow on this thread next.

Anyhow, the SC is HUGE! The yield on her was just over a pound, though I haven't had time to run over and take pictures of her on the scale (aren't phones a great way of transferring info lol?). When I get a chance I'll take pictures on the scale for ya.

These pictures were taken 10-4-09:

11. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

So to follow up, the total yield from this crop was about 1lbs 13oz's once finished. That included a plant cut 1.5 weeks early, a plant that finished on time, and 2 plants chopped 3 weeks early. Not too bad for 504W LED which later turned into 630W LED. In the next grow she will take full advantage of her space though, using 6-7 plants per reservoir with Scrog. We should see yields this upcoming time closer to 3lbs.

On a side note, the Strawberry Cough plant yielded just over a pound. It was only receiving light from 2 of the 126W units (as demonstrated in the pictures), which means that our LED's produced nearly 2 grams per watt with that strain.

Hope you all enjoyed the grow pictures, and let me know if you have any questions. I will be stopping in to take pictures soon of my friend's new Scrog setup.

12. LEDGirl

LEDGirl Member

The new grow began recently using between 15 and 16 plants amongst both of my friend's 2' x 4' aero trays. She is using netting to try her first "Scrog" grow. Over 1 unit she has 5, 126W lights, and on the other she has 4, 119W lights. All in all that makes 1106W LED now.

These pictures were taken 10-16-09:

13. chronicjunky

chronicjunky Member

wow..nice. i love strawberries

14. nick358

nick358 Guest

were do you buy the trays? and is there many seeds in those? how often did she water them and how much did she water them? ive never grew before so i want to get started and i might buy a few of your lights to get me started, i just need some tips and help with what to use! please pm me with your answer! :)

15. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

we cant give you a tutorial on all that...put some seeds in a fuckin paper cup and water them..the site has a search bar and so does google...also...new members cant get pm's for this very reason

16. claude977

claude977 Guest

do you speek french

17. stigimun

stigimun Banned

they look tasty well done that person cant wait for mine to pop up ;) pics will follow

18. sarausama

sarausama Guest

Hi Friend,

I Have saw you webiste,i belived i can give you the best quality and best price about the led grow lights.if you interested i can send the price to you.and the others led grow lights bar..it's our company patent products,all of the world only our company have it.if u want to know the details about the lights,please feel free to contact me !

19. makihiko

makihiko Official hippie since 2005

*drool*

20. walkcake

walkcake Guest

What do you suggest, less LED lights with higher wattage each, or more LED lights with less wattage each?