$50 seeds?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by newo, Jul 10, 2018.

1. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

(Reprinted from the Stoned Ramblings thread)

A friend of mine gave me 2 seeds, said a friend of his gave them to him, and his friend claims they're worth $50 apiece. I find that hard to believe, but I in turn gave them to a friend who'd really good at growing weed. He planted them the other day, said it's late in the season for starting them off but we expect a long summer this year.

Each seed was in a tiny vial with cotton holding it in place, so if this is a practical joke the guy's going to a lot of trouble to pull it off. One strain was Six Shooter, the other Blue Amnesia. I looked them up on the web and they don't cost near $50, but what the fuck, they didn't cost me anything and if they produce I'll get some free buds.

I'll keep you current on the progress of those seeds. Will they live up to the hype or will they produce dud buds? Oh well, it's not like I'd get ripped off.

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I've wanted to ask this for a while, but does 'regular' marijuana still exist? I mean the stuff we used to buy in the '80s. I'm not sure I would want to smoke anything on the market these days; even back then two or three hits was enough for me.

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

you mean outdoor mids with seeds, yes..

tumbling.dice likes this.
  4. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

nowadays you can choose your thc level from 1 to 27ish percent

if those seeds came from the first generation of the stabilized cross they could absolutely cost that much......this is not likely though but it is a possiblility

5. newo

A grower might sell you his trim cheap. Leaves and small buds. Still, nowadays even the trim is more potent than what we used to smoke back in the day!

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

anyone got any dem seeds?

7. newo

My friend tells me both seeds have sprouted, so we're past the first hurdle.

8. newo

Shitty news, both sprouts are dead. My friend had moved them outdoors, then we got hit with this heatwave, it's been in the mid 90s for a week now and they couldn't handle the heat. :pensive: Shit. :worried: Oh well, easy come easy go.

9. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Outdoor plants in containers often need to be watered multiple times/day during intense heat.