50 kids 50 mum's do car share

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by morrow, Mar 21, 2018.

1. morrow

morrow Visitor

Made in the UK.. now gone viral

All for down syndrome day...

Amazing! No you don't need tissues, but you will enjoy!

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

It is wonderful that something as simple as this will do so much to get people chatting and help educate the world.
    We have 3 local families with down syndrome children. As they reached their teens, the parents were becoming concerned that they would not be able to cope, but fortunately most people in the neighborhood supported them. One of the lads will spend hours watching me servicing the cars and working in the garden. Like all sufferers, he relates well with animals and would play with our dog and could do anything with the cats. One afternoon, he went missing and while everyone was rushing around the entire area looking for him, Jane went into the lounge to answer the phone. He was sound asleep on our settee, with one of the cats asleep on his lap. We did not even know that he was in the house.

morrow likes this.
  3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

I understand why its going viral.
    Very touching.
    The message is heart warming.

morrow likes this.
  4. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

This made my soul smile :)

morrow and Pete's Draggin' like this.
  5. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

I Drove "Sheltered Workshop" School Bus's For 19 1/2 Years As A Part Time Job When Things

Were Quiet On The Farm......Great Little Peeps.....I Miss Them.....Sometimes Run Into One In

Town......But This Was Years Ago And As You Would Know They Only Have A Short Life.

One Bus Run I Sometimes Did Was For A Private Girls School......And What A Pack Of Assholes

That Lot Were.....I Got Food Thrown At Me If I Missed A Stop......And Verbal Abuse If I Had

The Radio On A Station They Didn't Like.......Give Me The "Special Bus" Any Day......

Thanks For Posting Morrow......It Brought Back Nearly 20 Years Of Great Memories......:hushed:

Cheers Glen.

morrow likes this.
  6. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member