5 pairs of toddler jeans!

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by kitty fabulous, Jan 19, 2005.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

so i went into the dollar store looking for baby wipes after my daughter made a mess of herself (don't ask!) and of course ended up going bonkers. among the treasures found there were 5 pairs of blue denim toddler jeans, orange stitching, no pockets, all identical. so of course i have to dress them up! i told my son, who is 7, that he could have a pair to decorate for his sister, and i would do the other 4. so we'd like some ideas please! (BFG Rob, i am expecting to hear from you on this one!) we have a bottle of white "slick" fabric paint, bleach, ribbon, lace, neckties, oodles of fabric scraps, and even a little rit dye. let's hear your brilliant ideas!

2. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

OwwwOwww!!!!! Sidepanels. Also put the lace around the bottom of the legs, down the sides of the legs, and at the seam across the butt. I like to embroidery all over plain pants, peace signs, little flowers, stuff like that. There is so much you can do with plain pants for a girl. Not so much for a boy. Man I'd like to find cheap pants at the dollar store. What a deal.

Kathi

3. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Make potato stamps with your son and use them for fabric paint or bleach (probably best with paint im not sure if you want him with bleach)

Also old socks which have cartoon charcters or pictures or patterns on them make really cute patches to sew on to things :)

4. kitty fabulous

i just discovered there's a catch. the label says 100% polyester! so much for dying them...can you bleach-dye polyester? wellwhadayawant, they were a buck each.

great ideas, i'd forgotten about embroidery!

when damien was this age he had a pair of jeans he just loved that had holes in the knees. we dyed them green, stictched fabric under the holes, and ironed on patches of peace signs, flowers, and aliens in a VW. they were so cute! i think we still have them around. he wanted to save them for his sister, but they'd still be too big now.

5. BFG_Rob

BFG_Rob Banned

oh oh oh!! I just had this adorable vision of Shakti running around in paneled jeans decorated in different animal patterns. Use the necktie for the trunk of an elephant, or use strange patterns to cut out the shape of a cameleon running up her leg. Ooh! The panels themselves could be little hiding places for wee creatures drawn with the fabric paint. The pants don't have pocketses? Make some going all over the pants so she can hide neat stuff in them! Oh fun fun fun! :D

6. kitty fabulous

actually i have a necktie with an elephant on it. it's wonderfully loud. i was going to put it in a skirt. i was going to make kissing fish from the ends of bow ties, and run them down the side of a leg.

the hidden animals sound like a great idea! looks like i'll have to find someone to head to a craft or fabric store with sometime soon.

*ahem!*

I SAID, "LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO FIND SOMEONE (or a pair of someones) TO HEAD TO A CRAFT OR FABRIC STORE WITH SOMETIME SOON!"

7. BFG_Rob

BFG_Rob Banned

*looks at kitty fabulous blankly, then to Lizard Lady, then to Kitty, and back to Lizard Lady again*

what's she talkin' about?

:p

8. Micha

Micha Now available in Verdana!

Maybe you could stencil something on them?

I just looked at your gallery, and I have to say that you have the most beautiful children I've ever seen! They are so adorable..