5 arrested in Rainbow Family clash with feds

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by hippiehillbilly, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Kaleb

Kaleb Member

Can we also all agree that if somebody is openly smoking Marijuana in Kiddie Village again, that the family should do something about it before the police do? This should be obvious at this point. We cant have something like this happening again in Kiddie Village.

2. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

I will agree that all folks openly smoking marijauna any place should be warned that the man is everywhere and can storm in at any time...but since it hasn't been completely established of what actually happened, I am not willing to agree to a statement which makes it sound like no one did anything before this incident, some versions of the incident place the smoker as being at the outer edge of Kiddie Village after being asked not to smoke openly in front of the children.

3. kryn_taal

kryn_taal Member

Personally, I don't really care whether or not the brother was smoking or not.. If he wasn't causing violence, there was no call for violence. Anyway, kids at a rainbow gathering of any age have I'm sure already seen a fair share of pot in thier lives, not that that's right, but it's truth... regardless, the pot was not the issue!

4. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

After reading all of this, I guess my question is: What's up with all the riot gear? I mean do rainbow gatherings often become riots? How often have there been violent confrontations with the LEOs, where the LEOs have been attacked? If someone is at a concert of 10 to 20 thousand people and the police arrest him do they normally move in with riot gear to do so? Or do they just arrest him and walk away?

Sure, probably not the brightest idea in the world to be doing things to be arrested for in KV but just simply arrest him don’t move in with full riot gear, that just trying to stir up trouble.

5. zihger

zihger Senior Member

I don’t like big crowds so when I go to the gatherings I usually hang out around the kitchens and camps on the outskirts of the crowds. But on the outskirts where there are not a lot of people the LEOs like to sneak around and try to get hippies smoking. It’s not uncommon at all and they are very sneaky.

But it seems out of place for them to just pull some one out of KV around all those people. Just seems staged and the way AP news covered it the next day.

It just seems staged.

6. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

Have to be careful what I write. A lawsuit is in the works, and ANYTHING ANYONE SAYS can be used as evidence. I didn't see anything that went down at KV, but right before the incident, I saw Fonty at the TeaTime Bliss Pit holding a large Baby Jesus bong..That's a bong, made from a baby Jesus from a nativity scene...he would have been in plain view from across the meadow. Apparently, he left TT for KV, but, I suppose, he could have just as eaisily have gone off to Granola Funk or Bread of Life, or stayed at The Teahouse...I'm convinced the Feds were after him, and not just on a "Routine patrol", as they moved in line abreast across the meadow right after he left TT, while another group moved in from the Supper Circle end, and Fonty's worked hard over the years at being Notorious ...My guess is that the raid was staged, but it was just good luck for the Bad Guys that it went down at KV

7. Kaleb

Kaleb Member

8. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

9. hippiestead

hippiestead Ms.Cinnamon

Okay folks, some facts, now that I've talked to enough eye-witnesses/targets to put together what I feel is the truth of the matter:

No one smoked in Kiddie Village. Fillippe had been sitting next to Fonty in KV kitchen, just talking, before anything happened and Fillippe advised Fonty that sharing sacrament was not acceptable anymore. (a side-note here: people do smoke a number of different herbal sacramental herbs at Gatherings; sage, knick-knick, mullien, even tobacco can be used as an offering to the Spirits.) Fonty was only in KV maybe 10 minutes & was outside the gate when the groups of riot geared leos (3 groups, I think but don't quote me in it) came up from 2-3 directions. He walked in the direction where there weren't leos...no running, no lack of cooperation. Everything was calm when the leos handcuffed him, no fuss. Then the riot geared leos marched into KV to take Fonty out of the Gathering thru Kiddie Villiage, causing a big fuss among the adults in KV, & thus the incident began.

Now what I want to know is why the leos thought it was a better idea to tromp thru KV in full riot gear!?! I mean really, what incident commander couldn't foresee that marching thru Kiddie Village dressed like that would scare little children, causing their parents to react in a number of ways?

10. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

11. foxc1963

foxc1963 Member

PLEASE! You need to know the truth before you give statements/opinions. And you need to mind what you say when referencing incidents which you had no part. The old man, as quoted in another article on You Tube, didnt run to kid village to avoid the LEO's, he didnt make a menace of himself, he wasn't near the children, he didnt do anything obscene, and he was not drug dealing. Giving formal names of people you believe to be involved also puts them at risk.
    Everything said on these sites will be used in court, probably against the folks, so stop all the garbage for which you have no proof. I hope you are not trying to tell the courts that you would like to testify on the governments behalf?
    If you feel you have the right to make judgement on this mans character, turn and judge yourself. You need to spend more time in peaceful thought about who you are and how you can be forgiven for your self righteous attitude and unjustifiable comments without ever knowing what actually happened. My brother will have his day in court for what happened, and so will you (with your keeper).
    This family believes in peaceful living, not aggressive, arrogant, or controlling individuals (or agencies) who think they have the right to lash out verbally or aggressively towards another. Quit the trash talk. Walk peacefully thru life. Happy trails, His little sister.
    foxc1963@yahoo.com

12. hippiehillbilly

hippiehillbilly the old asshole

WTF?? foxc really should brush up on there reading comprehension skills..
    what the hell,,they must have some kinda disease that causes them to interpret the exact opposite of what they read..

13. WanderingturnupII

WanderingturnupII Grouchy Old Fart

If "the old man in the video" had worked as hard over the years at flying under the radar and keeping a low profile as he has done at doing the exact opposite, there would certainly not have been so much talk about the circumstances of his arrest. Being a celebrity comes with a price.

14. foxc1963

foxc1963 Member

Although a statement was referenced, I wasn't speaking directly to her. My mistake. Still learning. Please accept my apologizes. Many cruel and even foul statements have been made across the web about him and I can't fathom why it would be anyones intention to hurt somebody unless there was a ulterior motive. Being very familiar in a courtroom, I know how one small word from unknowing participants can change a persons life. Walk peacefully... and flambouyantly, if you wish. Happy Trails, foxc1963

15. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Yo I wasnt there but Im not surprized. This happens at anything semi counterculture n underground, be it rainbow, raves, hiphop ..whatever n they twist the story from good people just doin their thing etc ...
    personally i only read the first page... but i can guess that the leo's threatened and instigated and anything that happened WAS in a sense self denfense.. wasnt there but i dont have to be to "know" what likely happened..

16. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

exactly. exactly. exactly.

17. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

bingo. my real life friends went n i wanted to go but even before it happened it was getting mad bad press so i stayed away. its sad and disgusting but it happens every day.. it doesnt make it right though, just makes me feel more sick.

18. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

exactly. and i would suggest contact the aclu. or something. there is a case here as there is ALWAYS a case in such situations... THEY just think ppl wont fight it and win..fuck that. contact the aclu.. fucking try to destroy them. this pisses me off.

19. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

Okay, what people need to truly recognize is I've never been to a gathering but I feel like I've been there when this happened. They did it to the hiphop and rave scenes in Philly.. bad reporting, lies, scare tactics, pepper spray, whatever, whatever, whatever. They will continue to do this to anyone and everyone they think they can intimidate because they fear people who do their thing and go against the agenda. It's in every area of anything they THINK could be counterculture. Anyways this is my last post but I am curious is the aclu got involved yet... if not, get them involved. Fight back. Something about this is not right and as soon as people realize they are doing the same shit to EVERYONE the sooner it can be stopped.

Good luck. Love n peace.

20. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

see you next time , ok ? we are stronger than you know .