4 Types of Vegetarians: Which type are you?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by freedbypeace, Jul 4, 2004.

1. RainbowCat

RainbowCat Senior Member

im type 2, but i would like to be vegan

2. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

Okay, so I go to the doctor the other day to change my antidepressant meds, (I haven't been to the doctor in a while for a check-up,) and she informs me I have extremely low blood pressure. At first I was like, "Great,...*sarcasism* She's going to tell me that I'm going to have to stop being a vegan."-which I don't know exactly why I would have to considering I am overly-cautious about my vitamin and essential nutrient intake. So,...I decided not to tell her I'm a vegan. Because I had fainted a few days prior, she told me I need to snack all day long instead of having 3 large meals. Problem is; I just got good at cooking all kind of great vegan dishes. I guess I'll make the same dishes but only have a little bit at a time. Got any ideas?

3. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Hm.. I fail to see the difference between types two and three.

4. Claire

Claire Senior Member

one eats eggs one dosn't...

i used to eat diary products but not eggs... the thought of eating eggs always made me feel sick. chicken period:&

:)

5. Sunny Afternoon

Sunny Afternoon Member

Hey Claire.

Oh yeah, for some reason I read the second one and included eggs when it said Dairy. >.< I guess I'm type three then.

6. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Yeah, I too consider myself a great vegan cook but that thing about snacking throughout the day is a good idea. Try saving one delicious vegan meal for dinner, maybe a small breakfast like granola and fruit and then snack on nuts, fruits, and veggies throughout the day. Although your big meals may be yummy, it's a good idea to mix raw foods in by snacking. You'll feel better and have more energy throughout the day. Oh yeah, and don't overdo it on the soy products. I don't know about you but for awhile, I was consuming soy products (milk, fake meat, etc.) 2 times a day, 5-7 days a week. It's easy for us vegans to get carried away with that but too much soy is hard for your body to digest.

7. ewomack

ewomack Member

Not sure which one I fit into - I've been called an ovo-vegan (no dairy or meat but I eat eggs). Unfortunately a lot of my friends are still carnivorous so I'm no longer included in their mass meal plans (it's really hard where I am to find a restaurant that caters to meaters and vegans; usually they have "vegetarian" options such as french fries smothered with cheese or salads drowning in cheese slices and dressing). I've found that most people can't identify with my lifestyle (I work for a biggie corporation and I don't fit in at all) and just think I'm a freak. Oh well.

8. DetroitBill

DetroitBill Member

I'm a 95% Type 4 (vegan) who very occasionally eats cheese at family gatherings or when there is nothing else (I've found myself in these situations many times at business conferences where it would be a little weird to bring my own food).

9. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

4 im a vegan

10. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

i dont eat sugar

11. freedbypeace

freedbypeace A Woman Left Lonely

thanks for the great ideas i'm sure I'll get a lot out of them!! :)

12. Electricbuddha

Electricbuddha Member

I haven’t really Dove into any major soy products yet at all, just naturally fermented soy beans (Miso) which our bodies can digest a lot easier.

I cook all my meals. I believe its the best part
    I don’t snake much… cause I think that eating food should be a celebration. not just eat it to tie your over (no offence, just what I do)
    When ever I cook it takes about 1hr to maybe even 3 hrs and while cooking im getting all hungry and having this amazing fun time experimenting and singing, dancing, jumping, beat boxing, cooking

and then when I eat I set aside every thing I do. for example if im on the computer ill turn it off, pull out my place mat, and get all set up. do some chanting, a moment of silence or meditate with my food, and thank beautiful mother earth for the gift this abundant joy!

IT’S A CELEBRATION!!!!!

Its a thing im getting into.. the slow food movement.!

We are all so rushed these days, and just don’t care. that’s why people go to eat fast food junk.

P.s.

Oh and a gooood cook book for raw vegan’s is: Rawsome <-- heheh what a pun.

((( Let food be thy medicine and let medicine by thy food)))

13. OhMyJiMi84

OhMyJiMi84 Member

I'm a vegan. Some of my friends call me "Granola" because I eat so well.

14. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

currently an oppourtunivoire. been vegan, raw food, fruitarian in the past. i like cheese though so im not as picky anymore, sometimes even eggs, had some organic cow a few years back, and i ate bambi, sometimes when im starvin bad ill eat some turkey.

15. stephaniesomewhere

stephaniesomewhere Member

just wondering if those here who said they ate cheese were careful about eating cheese with rennet in it or not? Rennet is a hardener for cheese and is from animal flesh/bones and it is hard to find cheese that does not have it in it. I use a Watsonia product that is rennet free but it is still quiet soft compared to the cheddars with rennet in them, just something to be aware of if you are happy to eat farmed milk product but not meat product....

for those who are vegan and are hanging shit on those who eat fish or other meats...well, those guys are at least thinkng of the issues and trying to implememnt them in some form, how about showing them how you integrate it into your life and helping them to do the same rather than hanging shit on them for not getting there?

you all rock for even thinking of all the issues involved as far as I am concerned, unity within will get everyone further along to who knows where than disunity!!
    :D