4-HO-DMT, safe? what are the effects like?

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by soulesswizard, May 27, 2006.

1. soulesswizard

soulesswizard Member

Hello, Just doing some research from TIHKAL, I found a source for 4-ho-dmt and was wondering if anyone has actually tried and knows anything more about it. I understand its very intense visually and purportedly astounding. The only other chemical i have tried from phikal/thikal is 5-meo-dmt, someone gave me it without knowing and it was amazing to say the least.

2. abrad84

abrad84 Member

4-ho-dmt is psilocin, lots of people have tried it. Read the erowid mushroom vault. It is physically very safe. Be aware though, that this source you have is selling an illegal substance. You should think about whether you trust them enough to make a purchase.

3. soulesswizard

soulesswizard Member

oh wow, I didn't realize, doesn't psilocybin get converted to psilocin after you take the mushroom?.. Yeah the supplie does sell controlled substances but only if your in a country where its allowed or have some licence. thanks!

4. Yidele

Yidele Member

Yes, psilocybin gets converted into psilocin in the body through dephosphorylation (where phospate groups are removed from a compound). Remember, psilocin is 4-HO-DMT and psilocybin is the phospate ester of 4-HO-DMT. In the entry in TiKHAL for 4-HO-DMT, he mentions that psilocin is much less stable than psilocybin. So if you know specifically if the 4-HO-DMT your supplier has is psilocin or psilocybin (the phosphate ester) would probably be good to know. Then again, I don't know the shelf life of either compound specifically, only that Shulgin calls psilocin "rather unstable" - maybe someone else can provide some input here.

5. polymer

polymer Senior Member

while free base (pure) psilocin is unstable, it is made considerably more stable when converted into the ionic salt form. in terms of mass, it's some 1.4X more potent than psilocybin.