<3 Lauren Southern is back with a new documentary, Borderless

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 6-eyed shaman, May 25, 2019.

1. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If only...
    Isn't that what lefties do though? For them It's all about attacking the logical people ad hominem, and calling them names, Reading their minds, ascribing motives to them, and comparing them to people in the past who've done horrible things. All while leaving the concept of the ideas untouched.

Maybe because there's no good argument contrary to the ideas, so to get people worked up against them we just cast dispersions on the expressers?

There's reasons to be a lefty - you don't know any better, lack the intellectual ability to scrutinize ideas, want to be accepted into a group -- or you really do recognize that it brings society down as a whole but stand to gain something by imposing limitations on others' freedom to prosper.

Really want to expose that "bad man" and his "false claims"? Go through the video (the left ruins everything) point by point and put together a counter point for each point of his. Without disparaging any person in the process, just the ideas. Let's see how well that turns out.

2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

You're being sarcastic, huh... well alrighty then. :grin:

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Some "lefties" may do that, but your statement fits so many righties to a T-- long on slogans, labels, memes, anecdotes, and hasty generalizations--short on substance and evidence. In fact, if I were asked to give examples of that, your posts, especially the Prager stuff, would come to mind. Yes I suppose I could take a few hours to go through Prager's propaganda in your off-topic post point by point to refute them for the benefit of his brainwashed followers who are incapable of entertaining a contrary thought. It doesn't seem like a fruitful way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Instead, why don't you do it? Go back, take each of his statements and see if you can back them up with concrete evidence. Then we can talk. He who asserts must prove. BTW, its "cast aspersions", not "dispersions". Or is it cast asparagus?.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Balbus likes this.
  4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

On second thought, it might be entertaining and educational to dissect the thing, point by point. But not on this thread, since it's off topic. Let me create a new thread, and we can go from there, if you're interested. There, done!

5. "White privilege" is nothing more than the opposite side of the racism discussion. However, the left tries to twist it into more. Using the claims of the left, if someone experiences racism, then someone who doesn't is then "privileged."

This is a logical fallacy, a hasty generalization.

"Privilege" suggests someone receives something which is not due to them. If person A experiences racism, that sucks - but it does not follow that person B, who doesn't experience racism is "privileged." Declaring B to be experiencing privilege is hijacking from the racism A experiences.

It's a stupid concept that only fosters deeper divisions. But what makes it really moronic is that it's based on skin color. There's a massive clue that's going totally unnoticed by the "White Privilege" salespeople.

6. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

By your own definition, if person B gets to stroll around a department store unmonitored because person B is white, and person A (non-white) does not, person B is privileged. If person B gets to drive on the highway without getting pulled over because person B is white, and person A (non-white) does not, person B is privileged. Person B receives something which is not due them: the right to be let alone. White privilege. So why is this a difficult concept for you?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2016/01/16/white-privilege-explained/
    17 Deplorable Examples Of White Privilege
    What is White Privilege? - Definition, Examples & Statistics Video with Lesson Transcript | Study.com
    What Is White Privilege? Here Are 9 Everyday Examples
    10 Examples That Prove White Privilege Protects White People in Every Aspect Imaginable
    Why do so many white people deny the existence of white privilege?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  7. This is pure straw. I still get followed around stores because I dress like a bum. Is there a suggestion here that white people don't shoplift? I've worked in retail, the BEST shoplifters are white. The worst are black, but they are the most likely to try to attack when they get caught.

Naturally that's just my experience and that of all the other stores in the district where I worked. But calling it out, since I'm an old white man, is pure racism. Which is what all this white privilege nonsense is about, showing everybody how horrible white people for simply existing.

It's racist at its core.

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The concept of white privilege means that, statistically speaking, white people, by virtue of their skin color, typically enjoy certain benefits (or more accurately do not incur certain disadvantages) by virtue of their phenotype. It doesn't mean that white people are advantaged in all aspects of their lives, or that all white people enjoy the same advantages. Race, defined in terms of conspicuous phenotype differences, is often used in profiling by police, shop owners, and managers. It isn't the only criterion. If a white person looks particularly shifty, as you apparently do, you might also qualify for special scrutiny. Dressing like a bum isn't necessarily a good predictor of criminal proclivities, but it's a stereotype that governs others' perceptions. Obviously, too, the typical white hillbilly kid from Appalachia is not generally privileged in comparison to the typical son of a black movie star in Beverly Hills, or an African-American physician or lawyer.

Among the various menial jobs I've had--including working on a garbage truck, ditch digging and out house cleaning--I've encountered some colorful people. They lived in shacks, but prided themselves in at least being white. And they expressed lots of concern that blacks would move into their neighborhood.

To be aware of the facts of life is never racist. All whites aren't necessarily responsible for creating white privilege, but it's useful for them to recognize its existence. Being white is not a bad thing, and certainly isn't anything a person can do anything about. People who think otherwise are racist. As individuals, the best we can do is to treat all other humans with respect and concern--and to elect political leaders who are dedicated to improving instead of worsening race relations.

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Black people also get privelages white people don't get in certain countries. If I did a quick google research I'd no doubt find many specific organisations that help out only black people specific.

White privelage, it's just a made up word. A politicians and journalists word.

I remember living in Australia, the native black folks got a government allowance for attending school. All us whities didn't get paid. They were also granted more money in youth allowance situations and in our state at least, had the school funds paid for them by the state government, just to name a few benefits that were only available and applicable to black people. There are companies today that specifically only advertise for indigenous peoples to apply for jobs. There are whole recruitment agencies that specifically only deal with foreign ethnicities. Their whole business is based upon segregation and to only help out a specific minority.

Lol. White privelage. It's an absolutely rediculous notion once you really think about it. The only thing white privelage is to be able to sit there and write that absolute nonsense and be so pig headed as to actually believe it. I wish I was that white. Haha. Maybe I am. :D and ya ain't gone get an apology out of me for it neither.

10. What's weird is some people seem to think that hating people for being white is the "good" kind of hate. Why? Because to a man, woman and child white people are the worst possible people on earth (just ask a hard leftist asshole). What escapes them, somehow, is that they are expressing MORE hatred these days than the people they are lamenting. They have slipped into simple, basic racism and they like it.

Sooooo, they come up with the idea that "only white people can be racists" to enable them to continue being racists toward white people with full justification (in their own racists minds). Then they whine and complain when white people want nothing to do with them.

The bottom line is simple people, if you hate people for being white, you're a simple-minded racist. There's nothing "deep" or "trendy" about being a racist, it's about the most primitive perspective one can hold. Unfortunately, it's also natural for us. It takes a mature mind to rise above hating people over stupid things like skin color.

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL do you not see the irony - you are writing on a politics forum – you are a politician and journalist and you are using the words white privilege.

So are you saying there are no bias’s in your society that there are no racial problems?

I googled racism in Australia and got millions of hits seeming to say that bias toward people who are not white does seem to exist there.

Where are you now that doesn’t have it?

Who is saying that? Which people? And what is a ‘hard leftist’?

Who are ‘they’ - who is saying this?

I mean why is this such a big thing tor you when it isn’t with most people, I mean they accept it and move on to how to change things I think the only time I hear about racial bias not existing is when the subject is brought up by a right winger

[edit or rather it seems to be right wingers who seem to think that white people are the ones been racially biased against]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

What would be the opposite of White Privilege?

White Debasement? White Impediment? White Encumbrance?

The idea that white people are been disadvantaged in their society

You can understand this is real through understanding that in the US 88 percent of lawyers, 81 percent of architects and engineers, 78 percent of accountants, and 72 percent of physicians and surgeons are…oh white….they are white…so….

But the problems for white people can be seen in other areas I mean let’s take incomes where the median black household income is only 58% of what the median income of white households….so….oh….

As a group are white people been disadvantaged…..

soulcompromise likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

People are dumbarses. I pretty much fence sit most issues so I get a clear view of both sides. Dumbarses everywhere. It's all about as conspicuous as a fart in a fan factory.

14. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Irm

So are you saying there are no bias’s in your society, that there are no racial problems?

You menationed Australia I googled racism in Australia and got millions of hits saying that racism toward people how are not white does seem to exist there.

Where are you now that doesn’t have it?