2nd Coming of the 60s

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FinShaggy, Aug 19, 2013.

1. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

A counterculture this time around may have more cosmological, biblical, and cosmogonical essence than in the 60s. Something truly its own, yet derivative of what has come before. People are obsessed with the idea of the apocalypse these days, as I feel that deep down a lot of people feel disconnected with nature and the world around them. People that I know who are religious feel stronger than ever about their specific religion. Society's insanity has taken us about as far as it can go before societal destruction.

The 60's paved the way for a new era, but stopped cold. A true counterculture this time around has yet to totally condense, but i think all the ingredients are there. It would have to take a form that breaks down the boundaries of humanity's ego. Examples of what need to crumble are things such as Science vs. Religion, Democrat vs. Republican, us vs. them. Humanity's dualities are what have defined it but the time has come (2012-onward) to shift out of that mode and let the dualities and divisions crumble.

The new era is truley all about "I am another yourself". Cliche sounding, but true. Rather than a bunch of egos running around competing for survival, the new era is all about a collective realization that the entire Earth is one organism. When this comes, interdependency will happen automatically, and when that happens, we will evolve further to a galactic awareness.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Just like finshaggy, mainly:

@t Finshaggy:

3. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Lol we do have DMT, DXM, Mescaline and, LSA (legally)

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

u got a better chance of Christ coming..

5. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Exactly. It wasn't just 1 street corner in California this time. It was like 5 American cities and tons of nations around the world kicking everything off.

6. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

I don't think so. I think it will be about civil rights again. Immigrants, animals, minorities, women, youth, drug users and more.

7. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

And most RCs.

8. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

To much of this thread is about drugs- -which is fine I guess-= - but that was only a small part of the the 60,s- -

Second coming???- -Not a chance> that time is history- it was good, it was bad, it was scary, it was wonderful- -

Speaking for myself- as much as I,d like to relive those times- I think just having the memories is good enough .

:peace:
    jack

9. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

My point is we are going through a musical, drug filled, youth revolution that is very focused on civil liberties.

10. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Hey Jack! I'm the one who brought up drugs; I know the 60's wasn't all about drugs, I just know if I had LSD like you guys did in those days, I would be peaceful too!

11. ChinaCatSunflower02

ChinaCatSunflower02 Senior Member

Crazy how weed from the 60s and 70s was shit compared to the medical herb today, while LSD today is like not even LSD anymore, compared to the pure and potent stuff of the 60s.

Nah, I'm quite certain that the underlying issue of all other issues is human consciousness, and attachment to egoic identity. This is the root and stem of every other human dysfunction.

This is why the real revolution is one regarding consciousness. It's not really about biblical, cosmological/cosmogonical things, but it's bound to bump into these issues (2014), as it is issues such as these that are most deeply entrenched into humans and how they define/identify themselves. Things such as "I am an atheist" or "I am a Catholic". These realms run very deep within humans, and are the true cause of split when not in agreement between humans.

Every shooting, terrorist attack, act of greed, hateful feeling towards another, etc. stems from identification with egoic identity. Just my opinion, though.

12. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

Not true, Charles Manson was smoking the SAME Acapulco gold that we have today. And that was in the 50s.

There has been dank bud without seeds that has been bred for a while, it just didn't get popular until recently.

Until we moved to Colorado, my mom had never seen weed without seeds.

13. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

A youngun says pot was shit in the 60' & 70's compared to today. But she wasn't there. I've only passed out once on weed, well it was actually hash. Nepalese temple balls to be exact. Ty stick would put yer dick in the dirt back then. Colombian Gold, Acapulco gold, Mechoacan, Guerreran, were all gooey sticky. And they were all $10.00 an ounce. Now there's some nostalgia for you.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

15. FinShaggy

FinShaggy Banned

See, that's what I'm talking about.

Everyone just thinks weed has seeds because of the huge plantations in Mexico and that used to be in the south... Not everyone grew for quality in the past (1950 and earlier), most of them were growing for hemp and the buds were just extra money.

16. Ol' Zeus

Ol' Zeus Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

It's not missing, it's just well hidden ;) :sunny:

17. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

OK-Point taken
    :hat:
    jack

18. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Okay- everyone do me a favor; Take a hit of wtvr you'd like, and go watch Roger Waters play "The Wall," THEN come back and tell me the 60's-70's are over!!

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Can't recreate the 60s. Patty Hearst won't be robbing banks with the SLA. The native americans will not be taking Alcatraz over. No LA Free Press or Berkely Barb. No thousands and thousands of people hitchhiking to--everywhere. Second Woodstock? =A money joke. Shooting Black Panthers in their beds in Chicago. Blowing them up in Philly. No Police riots at conventions. The Kennedys and King are dead. The music scene is now SHIT. Need I go on? Forget it. A draft MAY- repeat-MAY - get people off the couch.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

A draft would get people 'off the couch' fighting the man! I think we're alot more hostile to authority today, and many of us wouldn't fight for Blood, oil and, empire today!