2nd Amendment Protest

Discussion in 'Protest' started by k7leetha, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Civilization is nowhere near "advanced" enough yet. "Standing armies" are STILL a threat. We mostly no longer use muskets. And if we were actually attacked by a foreign country, this "standing army" would become just as dangerous to the citizens as the foreign one. Armed, we would art least have a "fighting chance" of survival. Unarmed, we may as well just line up and voluntarily go to detention.

2. Rainbowtoke

Rainbowtoke Member

the second amendment is there for us to protect ourselves against a runaway government...And the way it looks we need it now more than ever.

3. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

How can ANYONE claim that the 2nd amendment doesn't apply to EVERY free man and woman in the country with quotes like these:

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference they deserve a place of honor with all that is good."
    - - - George Washington

We established however some, although not all its [self-government] important principles . The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent, (as in electing their functionaries executive and legislative, and deciding by a jury of themselves, in all judiciary cases in which any fact is involved,) or they may act by representatives, freely and equally chosen; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;
    ---Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824. Memorial Edition 16:45, Lipscomb and Bergh, editors.

No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    ---Thomas Jefferson: Draft Virginia Constitution, 1776.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms . . ."
    ------ Samuel Adams

"A militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves ... and include all men capable of bearing arms."

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."

Richard Henry Lee - Senator, First Congress

"The great object is that every man be armed. Everyone who is able may have a gun."

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

----- Patrick Henry

Anyone that says the 2nd amendment was not meant to ensure the right to bear arms for everyday joes like you and me, is pushing their own agenda.

4. Coral Reefer

Coral Reefer Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

^^Let me add some more interesting quotes

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

To model our political system upon speculations of lasting tranquility, is to calculate on the weaker springs of the human character.
    ---Alexander Hamilton

The whole of that Bill [of Rights] is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals...t establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.
    ---Albert Gallatin to Alexander Addison, Oct 7, 1789, MS. in N.Y. Hist. Soc.-A.G. Papers, 2.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than
    to those attending too small a degree of it."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum _est" ("A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands")."
    - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4 BC - 65 AD)

"The right of self-defense never ceases. It is among the most sacred, and alike necessary to nations and to individuals."
    - President James Monroe, 1818

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"Such are a well regulated militia, composed of the freeholders, citizen and husbandman, who take up arms to preserve their property, as individuals, and their rights as freemen."
    - Cicero, 1788

5. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

It's sad to say, I don't think the founding fathers are held in too high a regard around here. Usually when I hear someone on this site refer to them, it's to call them rapist slave-holding murderous swine.

6. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

BTW, I wonder why Balbus doesn't come around anymore?

Seems like he scorched the earth, and moved on.

7. earthmother

Well, nobody's perfect. But I figure that anyone who would put their lives on the line and themselves and their families in great danger in order to fight tyranny and oppression of an entire country has to have SOMETHING going for them. These guys were TRUE revolutionaries with the right idea and enough courage to carry thru. I don't see too many politicians these days with enought balls, let alone common citizens, doing the same. Oh yea, I know, they were all freemasons so they must have been bad guys, right? But I call b.s. on that, because NOTHING is only black and white.
    My direct relation, William Hooper, signed the Declaration of Independence and then had to hide his family while his home was burned to the ground. I know this for a FACT. They went against the current government and were accused of treason. Many of us here on the forums COULD do the same, and easily be tossed in jail as "threats to national security" or "enemy combattants". But we won't. We'll sit here and gripe about how we are losing our freedoms and rights, while those with the guts to actually pick up a weapon and FIGHT, are on the WRONG SIDE, fighting for our criminal government and the military. Then we'll gripe about how guns should be made illegal, and how every freemason in history is part of the NWO. Meanwhile, we'll be robbed blind BY OUR OWN GOVERNMENT. Not very smart as humans, eh?

8. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

I learned that the hard way, LOL. Yet they still have a lot to offer in terms of their visions and ideologies, and I would agree they're a hell of a lot better than what we've got now, with a president who can't even construct a sentence, let alone leave us with any meaningful quotes (he has left us with some humorous ones).

The problem when it comes to human rights isses is in our definition of terms like people and citizens, or for that matter, humans, and who these terms apply to. Our founding fathers seemed to be a little limited when it came to human rights issues surrounding race, sex, and nationality. Those were the criteria that governed who enjoyed these rights. Now it seems to be more about socio-economic status. You get as much justice as you can afford in this country, and if you're broke, well that's just tough.

I think folks had more character and were more scrappy in the day because things were more primitive. They had no choice but to fight, because the only other option was oppression, persecution, and death. We may see that again in this country when our basic needs are compromised, when we can no longer afford food and our water supply and all the other resources we take for granted have been privatized.

At least I'll have my guns...

9. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

A false sense of security/control would be my guess. That's pretty much the only thing gun ban advocates really want.

10. earthmother

11. Mellow Yellow

Mellow Yellow Electrical Banana

A false sense of security, you nailed it.

And when you think about it, isn't that what politicians consistently use as an excuse to take away our freedoms?

12. evilgreen666

evilgreen666 Member

sorry hun I understand what your saying but even a full nation wide protest of that wouldnt work. its impossible too many people have guns and use guns in there life for them to be banded. also our crime rate would drop extensively liek in canada where its very hard to get a fire arm but those that do have guns hold more power. Also if we were not allowed to own weapons our country would be thought of as weak and people would be alot more challangeing toward us. We as a country would have less of a fear factor

13. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

Looks like banning all these accounts is becoming a full time job!

14. earthmother

No doubt. More missing posts. Like the last 2 at least. Is our master Balbus sitting behind the scenes manipulating the thread, watching and laughing? Taking notes of anyone he thinks is misbehaving for future punishment? How unlike him to keep silent. I wonder if this post will go up and stay up? This is an experiment to see. I wonder where the others went? Into the ozone...

15. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

The only way this would get any attention at all from Skip is if several site-supporters complained to him about it.

16. BalbusIsANinnyBitch!

BalbusIsANinnyBitch! Guest

^Yep. Unfortunately, it's a little hard to muster the troops when your threads get deleted all the damn time. People come on here and chatter about drugs and rape, and that's just fine. But criticize the forums and you get your tongue cut out and a boot in the ass. Oh, well. Rome wasn't built in an egg. . .

Oh, yeah. Do any of y'all know of a good anonymous proxy list?

;)

17. earthmother

Wow. every day I get at least two notices of new posts to this thread, complaining about Balbus, yet when I come here, they are not here... This morning makes 4. This forum has been completely compromised. Some people will sink to incredible lows when given the opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.