2nd Amendment Protest

Discussion in 'Protest' started by k7leetha, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

Does anyone smell something funny?

2. proud2deviate V4.01

proud2deviate V4.01 Banned

Funny ha-ha, or funny like, "Jesus H. Christ, WTF is that stench?"

For me, the latter.

3. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

All these banned dissidents who keep re-appearing...what does this remind me of?

Where before have I seen repeated efforts to ban something, and always with equally ineffective results?

;)

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

'Sniff'

Well, yes, there is certainly the smell of evasion.

Let’s see, I’ve asked Earthmother directly, I think, three times now if she supported the type of eugenics programmes that the Nazis did and so far she hasn’t said.

She has said however that - “Any good animal breeder knows YOU DON'T BREED ANIMALS WITH DEFECTS” and claims it’s the same for that other animal, the human one.

And in this Hitler agreed and talked of a “nobler age in which men no longer are concerned with breeding dogs, horses, and cats, but in elevating man himself”

Earthmother has also said that all “modern medicine does is create a weaker human species”, that it is folly to keep alive those weaker or sicker humans who would have died if not for such help.

Hitler thought that modern medicine’s role should be to “declare unfit for propagation all who are in any way visibly sick or who have inherited a disease and therefore pass it on”

Now I think we all know how the Nazis dealt with Earthmother’s defectives, but I wonder what her ideas would be?

Enforced sterilisation or chemical castration, long term incarceration or institutionalised segregation? Just refuse them any medical help whatsoever, so for example treatable cuts or injuries are allowed to fester and become infected to the point that they die?

And I wonder are those supporting Earthmother also in favour of these eugenics ideas?

Now there has been a lot of talk about rights, as in the supposed ‘right’ to bare arms but what of the human rights of these 'weaker or sicker humans'?

Is it a case of rights for some but not for others as it was with many black people in the US right up to the 1960’s?

5. Man From NUMA

Man From NUMA Banned

interesting topic

6. earthmother

Give it a rest, B. You've gone into the realms of absurd. What part of "I'm not answering any more of your questions" don't you get?

7. earthmother

Ya, I noticed that too. Even sent a note to the webmaster about it. Maybe someday this "problem" can be fixed. Seems there has been quite a bit of "trouble" lately on the hip-forums. I even heard someone started posting people's CRIMINAL RECORDS at one point.

I guess this pretty much answers any questions about why someone might want to do whatever they feel necessary in order to protect themselves and their families and property. For some folks, no amount of talking, or anything else for that matter, is enough to keep them from losing their cool and attacking. Violence is a lot more than just attacking with a gun. Any form of attack, even verbal, is violence. It's a head-space thing. Just because someone does not pick up a gun does not mean they are any less violent. It's just a matter of degrees, but it all comes from the same place.

The world is full of loose cannons. And it doesn't matter HOW hard the SANE and honorable people work to try to make the world a lovely place. Kindness, compassion, understanding, caring, all the positive stuff there is, ultimately can't FIGHT OFF violence when it happens. Too bad someone doesn't come up with a GOOD weapon! One that simply makes people want to be GOOD FOLKS and get along.
    (Oh yea, but LSD has gotten a lot harder to find and it would have to be put into the water supply or something!)

Yea, Ghandi got famous for nonviolent resistance. Too bad EVERY nonviolent resister could not get that famous. John Lennon got that famous, but he was assassinated... Many end up as unknown martyrs, suffering and dying for what they believe in while those with the VIOLENT mindset go about verbally and physically beating them up and killing them. Without being able to physically protect themselves, they are helpless. So what good did all their ideology do them? And who learned anything from it?

8. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

To say that our governments deserve more power than the people because they "know more" is IGNORANT, in my opinion. We need more rights, not less. I agree with the need for less violence, but that starts with RAISING YOUR DAMN KIDS first.

We need more Love & the right to defend & the understanding culturally of what's wrong with offensiveness.

Our government kills based on concept with no appreciation for human life. Look at Iraq, look at Vietnam-- hell look right at home at the terrible killings of WACO. Children? Elderly? Families?? Of no importance.

I say yes to guns, but no to irresponsibility. We should have more faith in our people than that!

9. TurquoiseRose

TurquoiseRose Member

Earth mother is right on.

10. earthmother

Looks like this gun thread is "IT" now that the other one was "closed due to troll", so get ready for the s*** to hit the fan...

Didja know that the US government is the #1 employer in the nation, above ALL else? No wonder things are so screwed up! If you hold the majority of the cards in this game do you win? Maybe the government is it's own worst enemy and doesn't even know it. Our economy is being trashed. Perhaps the best thing that could happen is for our economy to completely fail. Serious hardship has a way of separating the men from the boys. Might be a bit messy at first, but perhaps if so many people did not work for the DEVIL then the DEVIL would not have so much power? And once these government employees see that the big daddy warbucks they work for won't be there to watch their backs when times get tough, they will come 'round...

Dunno, I've been in some pretty hostile situations and usually if you use the ENEMY'S tactics against them it works very well... Assuming the government IS the enemy. The only reason the government holds all the cards is because they make us THINK they do. We have a victims consciousness. We're like the dog that rolls over on it's back and pisses on itself when threatened. We think we are helpless because the government makes us feel that way, and feeds into that feeling. Ya see, the government does it's work BY THE LAW. (And they can just change the law if they don't like the way it's going.) But the government lacks honor. It lacks morals or anything else resembling good. It sucks otherwise decent folks into it's pit because they need $ to survive, and if it's one of the only guys hiring... Money is a damn good tranquilizer, it'll keep folks coming back for more for a long time, even if it IS coming straight from hell. Take away the government meal ticket, and a lot of those hypnotized folks would wake up.

If we as concerned citizens, can USE THOSE existing laws (constitutional) against the government, we have at least a fighting chance for some sanity. And, if the economy goes belly up, once all those government employees finally stop getting their paychecks (being paid off), perhaps we really WILL have a chance of having a better world, in which intelligent and caring folks can now have the clarity to realize just what has been done to them and be able to go back to the basic concept that ANY TOOL IS ONLY A TOOL, and just needs to be used appropriately.

11. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In New York City, homicide by guns almost hit three thousand people in 1993.
    Three thousand in one year!

Last year the figure was around 540 gun victims.

That is a big drop by any measure.

The decrease was not due to any new gun ban but from aggresive enforcement of existing laws.
    Plenty of the confiscated weapons were not purchased leagally.

People have also been sent to prison for illegal gun posession under existing law.

Stricter enforcement and incarceration and searches have brought their own problems.
    Amanadu Diallo and Stephen Bell were each shot by vy agressive police action.

Just passing a statute against guns is not enough, will the public support the type of aggresive enforcement shown to have made the diference in NYC.

For the fella who lost 5 close friends to gun violence, would you snitch on an individual known to posess an illegal weapon?

12. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

The fact that the other gun thread was closed is reassurance to me that the war of facts and ideas was indeed WON by us, the rational good guys.

*nestles into this thread*

"The department of Justice estimates that approximately 70 million people legally own firearms in this country, out of a population of 295 million. Of those, one in 140,000 will commit a crime with that legally owned firearm.

1 in 140,000. That's about .0007%

Almost all crimes committed with firearms are committed by prior felons who have been banned from owning firearms since 1968 federally, and in most states long before that.

Of all fatal shootings, at least 25%, and some estimate as much as 40% are one criminal killing another. Another notable statistic, 50% of all deaths from gunshot wounds are suicides (or more, considering some are reported as accidental). Further restriction of guns isn't going to change the number of deaths here, it will just change the means; actually it probably wont even do that, because in many states it is FAR easier to purchase a gun illegally than legally.

Restricting legal gun ownership wont in any way change these problems; putting people who commit crimes with guns in jail will.

There is no relationship between legal gun ownership and crime."

13. The Indy Hippy

The Indy Hippy Member

well said Michael. And you are completly right. I may not like the idea of anyone owning guns but as the old saying goes. "Guns don't kill people, people kill people." Its not a question of outlawing guns entirely, although a weapons free country would be wonderful.
    peace

14. flmkpr

flmkpr Senior Member

what happend to page 35,36,37?

15. Michael Savage

Michael Savage Member

Balbus the moderator has been doing some heavy-handed censorship in the 2 gun ownership threads on this forum. He deleted a LOT of posts from both threads, and closed the other one.

Disappointing, yet typical.

"400+ Free Speech Forums"? Well we now know it's 399 at best. :dupe:

16. zz_blackjack

zz_blackjack Member

Balbus is the moderator? Who the hell did that?

17. earthmother

How handy to be in charge of rearranging everything to suit yourself when things begin to look particularly bad... But isn't that what the gun controversy is all about, really? People in places of power trying to rearrange the way the laws and human nature work to suit themselves? It's impossible to do without BEING God. So things just stay all stirred up while people in high places struggle against freedom loving citizens to accomplish something that can never be accomplished...

18. MellowMike

MellowMike Member

I've noticed many "moderators" censor posts they've disagreed with, not just this mod and not just this thread. Complain about it and you get "banned". Usually it happens in the politics forum...

"...more than 400 individual Free Speech forums" is a freakin' joke!

19. ubuntu

ubuntu Member

Some of you don't understand why the 2nd amendment was put there.

We wouldn't have to worry about a Nazi-style take-over... Just shoot them at the door!

If everyone was 'packin heat', less crimes would happen.

And if more people get shot...eventually less people will get shot!

If you don't have a gun, get one. And if anyone tries to take it away, shoot them.

BTW I am trying to add humor to a very serious topic--Dont give up your guns.

CYA

Love and Peace!

20. Roffa

Roffa Senior Member

The 2nd amendment was put there because folk thought at the time that a people's militia was necessary to the security of the State and that standing armies were a threat to liberty. Well, two centuries later you've got a professional standing army and there's no way the security of the US could be guaranteed by arming every citizen with muskets. Isn't it time to consign this outdated provision to the history books?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.