2c-e vs. Tryptamines

Discussion in 'Synthetic Drugs' started by jp110099, May 12, 2007.

1. jp110099

jp110099 Member

2. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

the only RC tryptamine ive tried is 5meoDMT and i liked 2ce ALOT more...they are two totally diff trips though, they arent really comparable.

3. jp110099

jp110099 Member

4. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

no not really...i love mushrooms though, they are much more enjoyable then 5meoX imo. I wouldnt compare them to 2ce...the only drug ive done that was like 2ce is acid...the hallucination style is very similar

5. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Tryptamines have a more natural feeling, as opposed to phens. 2ce is my second favorite psychedelic, next to shrooms.

6. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Yep. 2ce lasts WWWAAAAAAYYYYYY longer though, at high doses. My first 2ce trip lasted about 24 hours.

7. uplink

uplink Member

2C-E is not a tryptamine... it's a phenethylamine.

I have done 2C-B, HBWR (LSD-like), and DMT. They were all worlds apart. Tryptamines have a distinct feeling (as do phenethylamines). Tryptamines fuck with your mind alot more. You can think very clearly on phenethylamines compared to tryptamines. Phenethylamines are more recreational.

8. nesta

nesta Banned

thank you uplink, i just ran into this thread and cant believe noone had pointed out that 2C-E is not a tryptamine.

in my experience both tryptamines and phenelthylamines can produce some very similar sensations, depending on which specific substances you're comparing. for instance i find 2C-E (a phenethylamine) somewhat comparable in essence to LSD, and 2C-B to a blending of aspects of MDMA and psilocybin, though not like taking them together exactly.

however in general tryptamines have more in common with other tryptamines than phens with other phens. take for example mescaline and methamphetamine. both phenethylamines, but very very different from each other....similarly DPT and mushrooms are VERY different, but they still have a hard to describe similarity in the feelings they produce...the effects are shockingly different, but also shockingly similar if that makes sense...the tryptamines tend to "fit" better for me, and whatever it is i'm on, i dont feel the need to fight it...a trip on psychoactive tryptamines, in my experience, often feels like a homecoming, a return to some forgotten ancestral land.

an experience with psychoactive phenethylamines, in my experience, can be almost anything from unpleasantly stimulating to complete psychedelic trance, and can be either very nice or very uncomfortable.

for me, i'd say i like more tryptamines better than phens. but they are not inherently better simply by virtue of BEING tryptamines.

9. PsychMyke

PsychMyke Senior Member

^its all subjective. I dont like Tryps nearly as much as phens myself...but then again, LSD is a tryptamine isnt it?, and i do enjoy me some LSD.

I know what you mean though, Tryps def. have more of an "earthy" feel to them, as opposed to most phens which feel very synthetic and usually makes your neuron circuitry feel elctrified. I love that feeling so much though, tryps dont sit to well with me for some reason. On occasion i do enjoy them though.

10. nofx1422

nofx1422 Member

Ive become more comfortable with tryptamines the more I used them. Never used to enjoy any tryptamine experiances except for ayahuasca until recently. I still enjoy peas more though