29 & Never Dated

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by DragonFox91, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

2. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

I don't think your doing a lot wrong . Now I am a guy who has had more female mates than I have male mates Some of this is due to me working in a Bank in the past whereby these days they are more female orientated .

Guys tend to like talking sport , cars. crude sex and women in quite cruder terms a lot of the time . Women don't ! There are exceptions of course.

Women tend to like to talk about real life issues, families , Job. holidays and even clothes . So you just need to perhaps ask open questions on these sorts of topics . Don't forget women like talking and talk more than guys , gossip if you like . So you need to learn to be a good listener and nod your head when talking with a lady to acknowledge that your interested ( even if your not :)) ..Try to keep the conversation going and if you can inject a bit of humour . If you feel the conversation is dying then change the topic but make it a topic she would like . Make her feel at ease with you . Don't forget she is probably as nervous as you are .

I think once you have mastered managing the conversation you will feel more at ease and have a better chance of being successful.

Good Luck

Calmerchameleon and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Yes it does, but it takes time to find the right person. I have always treated girls as everyday friends, exactly the same way as I do today both in real life and here on HF.
    Jane and I were like that for more than a year before things moved on.

When you said that it did not work, what happened.? Did you assume that one good laugh was only one step away from the bedroom and then they ran for the hills.?

4. wilsjane

Jane claims that I could talk for England. :)

My fine art was explaining the full workings of a nuclear power station and getting frustrated when Jane mixed up the cooling flow water temperatures either side of the reactors.
    No worries, on our first date, I took her to Dungeness and showed her how it all worked.

Mysteron likes this.
  5. wilsjane

I 100% agree with you on that one. Most successful relationships start in the work environment where you see people in their true colours.
    Not necessarily at your workplace, it can be a visitor from another company, someone you deal with on the phone, or even someone working at your local shop.
    Mostly when the spark fires, it will be the last thing on your mind at that moment.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. While reading this, for some reason all I could think about was the movie Crazy Stupid Love. I know the situation isn't the same but I think it might give you some insights into the world of dating. I think right now you might be putting too much pressure on yourself to find a girlfriend, I'm not saying stop trying but maybe start with smaller goals. I also think that finding someone to be a sort of mentor for you might be beneficial, someone who can observe you in action, so to speak, someone who is willing to be straight forward with you and tell you exactly where you go wrong.
    Sometimes, when we do things, we think we are doing everything right but someone watching us can plainly see our missteps. Asking on here, or anywhere really, will generate some good advice but it is very generalized since all we have to go off of is your perspective. You also might want to lower your expectations in order to gain experience and confidence.

newbie-one and mysticblu21 like this.
  7. wilsjane

When you get to know a person rather than fantasizing about their body, your expectations change from wanting her picture on your bedroom wall, to wanting a real person to spend time with.

8. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

My friends think it's easy & refuse to help on the issue. "Just keep meeting them until you find one!"
    Sucks working from home. & I was always told relationships rarely happen in the workplace?

It doesn't matter if I'm physically attracted to the woman or not.

The problem w/ those kinds of articles & books is they assume you can already get women interested & you just have to seal it.

9. Scottishdk

Scottishdk Senior Member

As we get older it becomes harder to meet new people and make friends, and for a lot of people social settings can be awkward as hell.
    I've been an observer to begin with, and got to know people gradually, but every now and then you will hot it off with someone straight away.
    I always thought this quiet side of me would cost me friends or stop me meeting girls when I was single.
    But what I've learned I so when you are just being you, you are at ease and comfortable. People notice this and will start to talk to you naturally. So as the old cliché goes be yourself and don't worry or put pressure on yourself. Meeting someone will happen. Good luck

~Zen~ and RBecca like this.
  10. wilsjane

While relationships rarely start directly by dating someone sitting next to you in the office, most people meet their partner while at least one of them was involved in their profession.

~Zen~ likes this.
  11. wilsjane

Just keep meeting them until you find the RIGHT one.
    One word makes a huge difference.

~Zen~ likes this.
  12. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

very frustrating :(

Candy Gal likes this.
  13. Candy Gal

Now then you.
    Do not give up.
    You are still young.
    The world is your oyster. X

~Zen~ and mysticblu21 like this.
  14. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

I feel like I'm wasting my life

Candy Gal likes this.
  15. Candy Gal

Not at all. These are just troubled times.
    You have family?
    Embrace what you have. X
    Love will follow after this pandemic.

Mysteron and mysticblu21 like this.
  16. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

Yes I have a great family, caring parents, brother who's basically my best friend.

But I'd still like to know what dating's like :(

17. Candy Gal

You will in time.

Have a wonderful Christmas. x

Mysteron likes this.
  18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Just be sure you're doing everything you can in your interactions with women; on the sites or in life both! They will notice that you're different if you try, and they will like you.

Whatever you do, don't give up on it. Sometimes it may take awhile, but you'll meet someone. I saw one I liked recently in my email somehow - I don't know why they emailed me as I'm not signed up. eHarmony looks pretty cool... :sunglasses:

Mysteron and Candy Gal like this.
  19. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

I try but it doesn't work :(
    When?

20. Candy Gal

Oh dear remain positive.
    I might do your Tarot. X

mysticblu21 likes this.