29 & Never Dated

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by DragonFox91, Dec 12, 2020.

1. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

I am 29 & never dated. I have always wanted GF but fail every time. Does anyone have any advice or can offer insight? It hurts. Today I feel like crying.

Thx

2. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

Be yourself. Make girls laugh.
    That attracts many and breaks down barriers.

wilsjane, ~Zen~ and mysticblu21 like this.
  3. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

I try that. It doesnt work

4. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

How many times have you tried?

mysticblu21 likes this.
  5. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

I can never generate a spark

6. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

^ I just figured out why you fail everytime.

Wish you the best of luck :)

7. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

The dating game is difficult! The only real advice to give, aside from the usual 'be yourself' quotes (which is very good advice btw), is don't try too hard. Sometimes, when we overthink things and try to over compensate (in things like trying to be charming, trying to be friendly, trying to be funny, confident etc) we just come across as trying too hard (or maybe desperate! Sorry, just speaking the truth!).

Ignore everything else and if you can make someone feel comfortable in your company then you are half way there.

Good luck!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

Thanks for the nice reply. Unfortunately I've been stuck working from home due to the pandemic since March & will go to at least March 2021. There were a couple girls in another department I wanted to try to get to know but the pandemic blocked that.

I went to MeetUp groups a few times over the summer. They were meeting outside thankfully. Unfortunately the Groups I went to (a couple just a talk till you drop) were male-dominated, (8-9 guys to 2-3 girls per group) & the 2 or 3 girls at each group were queer or in relationships. I stopped going. Thinking of trying different groups & maybe my luck will change, but not sure how they'll be meeting here in the winter & things closed.

Dating sites are all but useless for me. Rarely get responses & when I do it, it doesn't last more then a couple messages.

My friends are of little help & just offer the same - sorry in advance, Candy - 'just make them laugh' advice that proves easier said then done.

~Zen~ and mysticblu21 like this.
  9. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

:unamused:

10. Candy Gal

I will teach you how to make girls laugh.
    Later. X

mysticblu21 and ~Zen~ like this.
  11. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

I don't have an issue with that... I just drop my pants and they usually crease up laughing!

mysticblu21, ~Zen~ and Candy Gal like this.
  12. Candy Gal

Must be those beef patties you hide in them. Lol

13. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

14. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

Well seems to be a joke. Not surprised. It's never taken serious. Even shrinks I go to just laugh it off & say 'come back when you're 50.'

Candy Gal likes this.
  15. Candy Gal

Oh stop the nonsense.
    You are going to be fine. X
    Just don't read any of Grandeur thread. Lol

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yea.

Make a profile on a dating site. There's a million of them! Pick your favorite, and take some pics - nothing nasty, just your headshots and maybe some that show your figure - from the waist up, or possibly standing fully clothed.

Once you have the pictures, it's pretty easy. You add them/upload them, and create your description/fill in your interests. The rest is cut and dried - you can reach out, or wait for someone to pick you out of the line-up. I think that's how it works anyway...

There's a fee for the good ones I'm pretty sure, but it puts you in the dating pool.

Obviously you have to be careful. There are catfish, or worse, thieves and rampant identity theft. But I think you'll do ok if put a little effort behind it! :)

17. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

My bad. Of course we take this thread seriously, I just though I'd lighten the mood a bit (misjudgingly, is that even a word?) by showing a bit of self deprecating humour. Don't take things so seriously!

Candy Gal likes this.
  18. Candy Gal

You are fine.
    I understand. I am sure we all did. X

19. DragonFox91

DragonFox91 Members

It's okay people. I've just had situations in the past where it's not taken serious or I'm laughed at so just got concerned it was a repeat.

It was 'oh don't worry in middle school you'll get one.' Then it became 'oh don't worry in high school you'll get one.' Then it became 'oh don't worry in college you'll get one.' Then it became 'oh don't worry in your career you'll get one.' I'm doubting.

Grandeur thread?

I try that & nothing

20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

It's a proactive process.

Do you mean people are just ghosting you when you ask, or... Just nothing? What happens, literally?

What if you adjusted your approach? Like for example, what are you wearing in your photos? If you're too casual in a photo, for example, it might suggest that you would not be willing to dress up for a date; or even know what to do...

I think it's a technicality more than anything. You'll find a date, you just have to try. It doesn't want to fall into your lap? That's ok... that's not everybody's bag. Just make an effort. You'll start to feel good about it.

I think another mistake people often make is thinking it's going to be about kissing or anything beyond just idle banter... It's really just about getting to know someone. And if it goes somewhere, cool! :) If not, bah... LOL. :D At least you tried.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    Calmerchameleon likes this.