25x-nbome vs. LSD

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by eatlysergicacid, Jul 25, 2012.

1. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

We get so many threads about bitter hits and it's almost always the same. There's likely a lot of 25x-nbome going around as acid, not to mention DOx. The problem that people seem to be encountering now is that 25x-nbome has a similar timeline to LSD, and many people report similar effects, so the two are difficult to tell apart.

I'd like to start a discussion about levels of bitterness to see if we can try to relate a way to identify something about what your taking by the taste. Also I'd like to hear from people who have tried 25x-nbome on blotter, and who have also had the infamous bitter LSD blotter, to see if they can comment on the difference in taste.

I've tried 25c-nbome twice on blotter, and I had two batches of blotter LSD that were very bitter, but felt like LSD and had the correct timeline as well as being active orally.

Of course that leads to another issue with 25x-nbome that people can't seem to agree on, whether or not it's orally active. This would be another useful thing to know when trying to determine what someone had, so perhaps if we can compile enough reports we can come to a conclusion about whether or not it seems to be active orally, or if it needs to be complexed or whatnot.

In my experience with 25c I tried sublingual once and the taste was very unpleasant, not exactly numbing but strong. The taste of the bitter acid I had was similarly strong, to the point where I would consider it very easy to mistake the two.

Another important factor in this I suppose would be the solution that the chemical is held in. I know that nbome can be dissolved in alcohol, and I think LSD is too, although I might be pulling that out of my ass. LSD dissolved in alcohol would likely be bitter, as would any other drug dissolved in alcohol, so that could be a reason for the bitter LSD blotter, and for a lot of the confusion.

Anyway, I can't draw any conclusions from my own observations, so lets get some other people's experiences.

2. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i've had bitter blotters before, and tasteless blotters, that were both lsd. even though the bitter lsd was alright, it didn't produce a trip that was as pure, clean or lucid -- it also produces a heavier body load. so generally i'd assume that any lsd blotter that is bitter is poor quality lsd. if it has no taste, then it is likely good lsd.

which kind of still goes along with "if it's bitter it's a spitter" kind of idea. because i'm not really a fan of taking poor quality lsd. if you want to be sure that your blotters are real good lsd then it should have no taste. you might be able to distinguish a little taste if you focus but it should be hardly noticeable.

don't really know about nbome though.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

25I-Nbome has a numbing sensation on top of being bitter, I have never experienced anything remotely similar to that numbing quality or puckering taste with acid. Most of the acid I've had has been relatively tasteless, nothing that's been really noticeable other than the odd sensation of having paper in my mouth. I do notice a metallic taste in the back of my throat on LSD but that seems to be more a byproduct of the onset, like as if its dialating my lungs or something rather than a direct Taste from the blotter itself, I have experienced similar sensations with 2cx's that I have taken in gel caps.

The only 'acid' I recall being bitter I suspect was DOI. Eventhat was not a heavy taste but it was noticeable and the trip felt rigid compared to LSD and less mindbending. As Roorshak mentioned on another thread here some of the Dox timelines are often blown out of proportion on here, often reporting doses and/or one particular chem of the DOx series. My 'DOI' trip had a peak of about 10 hours both times I took it and than some lingering stimulation one of the trips, so I feel that's worth mentioning as well.

4. eatlysergicacid

I'm under the impression that the taste of the blotter shouldn't have much to do with the potency of it. I definitely think that the taste depends on the blotter and ink as well as the LSD solution, so a blotter could taste bitter while having perfectly good LSD on it. I also think the whole "dirty acid" thing is a fallacy. I mean, as far as I know, LSD is LSD. There's not a whole lot of difference between different batches except potency.

I feel like the observations you've made concerning the acid being clean or not could be based on the taste making you look for problems with it. Meaning, when the acid has a taste, you look for the body load and that makes you think that it's dirty acid, but in reality it probably has to do with other physical and mental effects of the trip.

Does anyone know anything about whether or not they use alcohol in LSD solution? I think that might explain why the taste between the 25c I had and the LSD I had were so similar. I know the 25c was suspended in everclear and then laid on blotter, and I experienced a strong bitter taste but no notable numbness. I only tried sublingual with it once, but from that one time and my next few batches of LSD I found it very difficult to tell between them. That could mean that the LSD I had was 25x, but I did take it orally with success, and it felt very much like LSD.

5. Desos

Desos Senior Member

hmm i tend to like to think that the taste does have to do with the quality of the lsd, but i could just be being subjective. so i might be wrong.

i do beleive that there is a difference in quality of LSD. this was explained in some threads as being "fluff" "amber" crystal etc. with the crystals containing various concentations of LSD-25 90%, 50%, 20%, etc.

so while there is only one LSD-25 it is possible for a crystal to be 50% lsd-25 and 50% biproducts.

and there have been trips where i have experienced a significant body load where there are others where i experienced no body load. so i don't really know how to explain that other than crystal purity.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

i think you are being subjective, or "wrong," desos.
    there is likely differing purity of LSD doses. some might be 90%, others 50. but i doubt that you can taste the difference.

sometimes you get bodyload maybe because of something you ate before the acid? strenuous exercise? psychological body load?
    there are many other explanations. but this is getting off topic pretty quickly.

i've only ever had LSD on blotters (i hope/think)
    some of it has been pretty bitter, but not to the extent of 2cx or 4acodmt
    they have all felt like LSD to me, mainly

i have some 25x-nbome blotters, but it will likely be awhile before i try them.

a good experiment would be for someone to eat a complexed 25x-nbome blotter right away and see if it works. i dunno if i will actually try that though...

i heard that someone did eat 25x blotters and trip, but he may have eaten a pretty large dose.

people explain the bitterness by ink sometimes as well. but i've had artworked blotters with no taste as well.

very confusing topic. i will report back someday...

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

25i-nbome felt quite a bit like lsd. 25b-nbome was similar to 25i but large doses of it start t0 be noticeably different than lsd to me...alot of auditory stuff and high body load to the point that I was afraid of seizure which never happened but the visuals were so much that I couldnt walk worth shit, I couldnt see my hand in front of my face. 25b-nbome reminded me somewhat of 2c-p.

8. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

25d-nbome on blotter was very bitter and unpleasant

9. Jbones

Jbones Member

25i is significantly more potent, I've never taken one hit of real LSD that made me "trip balls" infact...I've never even taken four hits that made me trip balls. 2 hits of 25i though is fairly strong. Anyway...the taste of the nbome is bitter and slightly metallic. I have had that stuff taste bitter I damn near puked from the taste.

10. Desos

Desos Senior Member

did it make your tongue numb?

jbones there is lsd out there that will make you trip hard off 1 hit. but it's pretty rare these days.

11. eatlysergicacid

If only there was some accurate means to expound on the word bitter.

Another way I've thought to discern the two is by smell. I did 25c intranasally once, and the smell was noticeable and distinct. I feel like if I smelled another blotter of it, I could identify it that way. That's another reason why I think those bitter LSD blotters I had were indeed LSD, because I did two of those intranasally as well and there was 0 smell.

Can anyone else comment on the smell of 25x-nbome blotters or perhaps if anyone has ever noticed a smell on any LSD blotter?

12. CannbisSouL

CannbisSouL Smoke 'till you toke. Lifetime Supporter

I've had blotter which was most likely LSD that was bitter. The flavour of the paper was bitter, almost like I had some strong coffee sitting on the back of my tongue or something. The taste disappeared pretty fast, however, and as it flowed out of the paper (assuming it was the ink), the flavour left my mouth and the paper was pretty much tasteless.

The 25x blotter that I have tried has a much stronger flavour. Like Guerilla said, it is almost bitter and numbing to the tongue. On top of that, the flavour really seeps in, to the point where drinking water doesn't wash away the flavour, and in fact just makes your entire throat taste like strong, bitter chemical.

The bitter LSD was much.. milder in strength. There is a world of difference in flavours if you try the two of them.

But that is of course assuming that I did try LSD which was only on bitter paper (I'm pretty sure it was).

13. eatlysergicacid

This sounds like another strong indicator for nbome. IME the taste is very difficult to get rid of, and makes other things you eat/drink taste like the chemical. With the bitter acid the taste didn't spread around my mouth at all, it was just when I touched the blotters with my tongue. Most experiences I've heard complain of a very persistant chemical taste, so if the taste is such that it lingers after you take the blotters out or swallow them then its likely nbome.

14. Syd222

Syd222 Member

I read here about spitting the blotter if it was numbing your mouth, do you think that spitting it as you feel it numbs your mouth will prevent the nbome trip ? Like if I'm looking for lsd and get a blotter that starts numbing my mouth and I don't want a nbome trip, will spit it make it ok so I can keep looking for acid ? Swallow it ?

15. porkstock41

^^^you will notice the taste/numbing sensation almost immediately, so spitting it out quickly...you would be unlikely to absorb an active dose (so you'd probably not trip)

well now that i've tried those 25x blotters i can say that they are much more noticeably bitter than any lsd blotters i've had. with the lsd blotters that were a little bitter, i put them right on my tongue and tried to detect a taste.

with 25x-nbome, i knew what i had (it wasn't misrepresented as lsd)...so i attempted NOT to taste it. i shoved it between cheek and gum and tried to not let my saliva touch it and spread the taste around my mouth.
    even so - it was quite a noticeable taste.

lsd is the more potent chemical. but since 25i is cheaper, "one hit" is more likely to be a high dose, whereas lsd doses tend to be lower.

16. eatlysergicacid

Yeah, since posting this thread I've learned for certain that the tabs I was getting we're indeed 25i.

Lately I've been hearing people saying that they're getting stuff with no chemical taste from people who have been known to pass off RC as acid regularly. I haven't tasted any myself, but from what I hear it has a minty taste with maybe slight numbing. I'm thinking people are maybe using a lot of sweet breath solution to cover up the chemical taste. Otherwise there may actually be some real LSD going around now, which would be pretty cool.

17. porkstock41

so did you ever swallow those 25i tabs right away? still trip?

minty taste and slight numbing doesn't sound like no chemical taste to me.

i'm gonna be too scared to ever buy lsd again.

18. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Oh, they are out there.

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=401948&f=117

:eek: you've been getting ripped off man . . . I've gotten weak acid too (I have some that you need about 5 for a solid trip, another batch I have you need around 10. But these are production errors :))

To add to the replies here, the bitterness of a 25x blotter (or a DOx blotter) is not subtle. It is like having pure MDMA in your mouth . . . if you've never had that in your mouth, it's like having pure APAP. A really, truly, foul taste that you have to fight against to spit out. The bitter LSD blotters I've had, it was like "Hey, this kinda has a soapy taste. weird." NBOME/DOx blotters is like "WHOA this shit tastes HORRID". And of course with NBOME you'll start to feel tingling inside your mouth and then numbness.

19. porkstock41

i wonder if it's as noticeable with weaker 25x tabs, or ones that are a single substance?

yeah, it's prob still pretty bad tasting

20. Raga_Mala

Raga_Mala Psychedelic Monk

My 2 cents: real LSD can still be had. Stop buying your acid from street dealers.