24-hour fasting

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Mar 2, 2019.

1. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I have developed a hypothesis about one reason for weight gain.

During the day, our body metabolizes food into blood sugars. With a healthy diet and sufficient natural exercise balance exists and only a small amount of excess sugars convert to fat.
    However, when we are asleep, only a small amount of energy is consumed by organ function, respiration and heartbeat. The remainder is only required to maintain our homeothermic body temperature. The rest deposits as fat.

At around 22 degrees Celsius still air room temperature vital body activity maintains our temperature without clothing while we sleep.
    Therefore at cooler temperatures our body burns additional sugar to produce heat. Simply turning the heating off at night therefore prevents excess blood sugars converting into fats. Additionally the cooler air temperature reduces the concentration of airborne bacteria that is looking for a host.

In the past, homes were never heated at night, I am amazed by the number of people who run their heating 24/7 these days.

I feel that the current overweight problems suffered in Europe and the US, have a number of contributory causes that need to be addressed in balance with each other.

2. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

I haven't seriously fasted since around 16. I often don't eat breakfast or even lunch dependin' on my workload. I need to start fastin', my body gets nauseous and sick if I don't eat a full day. Gotta retrain before diabetes kicks in. If I were to do it purposefully I'd need a spiritual motivation.

Smart woman. Know yourself. I do have this fine tonic fer you to try. It'll cure any ills you may have. Dysentery, cholera, aids, gonorrhyasyhilherpeiatus....You name it.....yours for but a shot of that there whiskey

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Ah the good ol' snakeoil. What doesn't cure you might kill you :D

Running Horse likes this.