$2399?????

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 2, 2019.

1. I just can't stand the constant fucking beeping and rattling. I need my privacy. Although it's cool some days...you walk around with it in your pocket and it feels like you're getting a bunch of 1-Ups.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Most of my ringtones and messages are just single beeps or vibration. I have personal one for my wife though. I turn keyboard sounds and vibrate off. I turn most notifications off.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i guess that's one good argument for a new phone.

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Eh, I only go for sports and meet southern folks. :) so whatever is happening in the country or politics doesn't really have an effect on me.

5. Why Southern folks? They aren't even the coolest Americans. We're all in the midwest.

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Similar interests. NASCAR mostly, plus I've always been into the south. I also like the accents. :)

When I was there, people said we saw the real America. They said the south is where all the culture is etc. And that we did good because nobody goes to the places we did.

People in Denver also said we did a good job and applauded us for staying away from places like NYC and such. They said "you did it right".

7. lode

lode Banned

$1700 American? Some parts of the worlds get VAT on electronics really hard. I saw the same thing in South America.

It's $1200 American here. Let me know if you wanna go in on an electronics smuggling scheme VG.

McFuddy likes this.
  8. lode

lode Banned

You've always got a room at my place if you wanna swing by Dallas!

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

rednecks always call rednecky places the real america. i haven't figured out what exactly makes the rest of america fake.

i was joking in my other post anyway. america is a great place for tourism. even places like NYC.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think they mean spirit and culture. I don't like big cities, I know what they're like and they're the same all over the globe. So many people, yet feel so alone. Fast paced. Just shit really. Like when I was in LA, just wasn't good at all, much preferred places like Asheville or even Roanoke VA. Places like that. Places where I could go to a dodgy bar with 3 locals and have a good heart to heart conversation about who we are and where we come from. You don't get that in the city. You only get looks and stares and judgement.

I heard from Yankees that the south won't be interested in me, they don't like foreigners etc. I found the exact opposite. I found them warm and welcoming. It was the cities like LA that weren't nice.

11. I lived in South Carolina for seven years... The south is nice. I think they have the prettiest skies, anyway. But the people never struck me as exceptional. They're not bad. They're just like people anywhere else in the United States, except they have Southern accents. They like NASCAR just as much in the midwest.

I think I get what she means by the real America. I mean, it's all real, but a lot of us just live these ordinary lives out in the countryside. It's good that Irmini got to see that side of us. From the picture shows and what not, you might get the wrong impression. We're mostly just country bumpkins.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Asheville is a hippie/hipster haven, i wouldnt really compare it to much of the south because it is a unique place. It isnt really "southern" in vibe or culture

I've met some really friendly people in big cities and some really unfriendly people in small southern towns. I think it just depends, its luck of the draw who you come across. I was really, really pleasantly surprised how many friendly people I came across in New York. LA probably has nice people too, but i've never had an interest in going there. I like cities, but LA seems more like 20 sprawling suburbs squashed together with some palm trees planted to dress it up a little.

13. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yeah, this is why i prefer cities. i can go out and do what i want without having to run into 30 people i know and have extended conversations.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm sure there's nice people everywhere, it's mostly the city itself I don't like. Crossing a street is like Braveheart, people knock you about in a hurry to get to sit at their computer office chair. Always so noisy. Honk honk honk. Hoooooooonk. Hooooooooooooooooooonk. People with backpacks swishing and knocking you about while you're walking. Seriously, a backpack mate what are you like.. 12 and going to school? :p

Denver was an exception because it was chilled out even the main street wasn't busy at all, it reminded me of Munich too which is probably the only other city I really enjoy, it's very clean. :)

But tbh I just don't see much interest in the North States. Not even their race tracks are interesting. Michigan, Watkins Glen, New Hampshire... Yeah, nah, I'm not going to those races. But the three tracks I'm going to next year are deeply rooted in the traditions of NASCAR so I cannot wait!

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I talk to the local butcher and the baker and the coffee folks, most people know who I am because of my uncle and farming but I don't actually know that many people, just the local old bar flies. :p my town is very touristy so more often than not you're seeing new faces every day or every week.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't actually know what's culturally significant to the southern states.. Fried chicken and oval racing lol.

And y'all.

17. What would a state like Indiana know about racing.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Exactly...

Open wheeler shite.

But... I did get to see Jeff Gordon win 4 times there on TV in a stock car and he was born there. So I guess there's that.

19. Well what do I know? I'm just some crazy person who hears voices. Just kick rocks at me, piss on me, and go on your way.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ah well, I'll leave. I really don't see the point in arguing about which state a visitor likes best and or why.