$2399?????

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

1 TB Galaxy S10+ is retailing here for $AU2399

!!!???

Muthafarker

Can buy a gaming desktop for that price

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats a mobile phone BTW

3. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Toys must be very expensive down under.
    My phone cost £60 and is still working perfectly after 11 years, 2,900 hours of chatting and 18 text messages.
    The number of texts makes everyone laugh. :yum::yum::yum:

Orison likes this.
  4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, I was kinda looking forward to a new phone my plan is up in august and I can get a new deal now but honestly, that's a plane ticket to America and back so I'm not getting a new phone.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm still on my S3 (as i type this). Still works great. Only downside I noticed is that Chrome doesn't update anymore, as the phone is supposedly too old and outdated... Ridicilous.

6. wilsjane

For that money, I would expect a phone that could teleport me to America and back. :yum::yum:

7. I don't own a phone. The government sent me a free phone and I threw it against the wall and broke it.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Because of the voices? :p

rollingalong likes this.
  9. wilsjane

Their is nothing to worry about with Chrome, the updates are mainly in order to keep it inline with new devices. It is just a viscous circle.
    Our computers and servers run on XP professional and chrome still works perfectly, despite not having updated for several years.

10. wilsjane

Why break it???
    You did not have to use it, but one day you may have needed it to call emergency services and save someones life.

11. Is the fact that I hear voices some kind of a joke to you people? How would you like to be a regular person one day, and the next day your head was full of voices harassing you and putting you down? To the point where any time you do anything, a voice chimes in to tell you that you're a worthless human being... Does that seem funny to you? :cryingcat:

I didn't think it would break just because I threw it. Obviously it was a cheap piece of crap. Which is what mostly pisses me off. It's this whole fancy package, but all you're carrying around with you is a cheap piece of crap. People don't take pride in their manufacturing like they used to. Phones shouldn't break. And you shouldn't have to buy six of them a year. It kept beeping all these fancy beeps to tell me all of the updates of my life, like it was something really special, but it broke just like that. It was a piece of junk, and I don't need it in my life.

If someone needs emergency services, they should probably just stay home where they're safe. You don't see me needing emergency services. Who are these people who fall and have heart attacks? They're weaklings. Sorry if I don't have a phone, which you were probably relying on to save your life so you can go ahead and live irresponsibly. I guess technology isn't everything!

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Maybe VG can afford half of it if he gets his 1000$ tax payout I am reading about lol.

13. rollingalong

rollingalong Banned

no.

14. Oh, so I suppose it's the opposite. You're all judgy. Like you're so much better than I am. Well, I've got news for you...if it happened to me, it can happen to you, too. So I will laugh when it does. Then we'll see whose shoe is on the other foot. When I'm laughing at YOU.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I think it's pretty cool not to have a phone. I use mine in public because I'm socially anxious so I'll look at my phone so I don't have to interact with anybody. Like my phone cloaks me lol. And of course I'm on it now at home to post from my lounge room.

Its not even really a "phone" I would estimate maybe.. A couple mins a week actually talking. May as well call it HipForum Touch. :p

Meliai likes this.
  16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I dont know what the hell the use of 1 TB memory on ones phone would be, youd back up everything important to a cloud anyway.

And every episode of star trek ever, is what like 120GB ;)

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Actually just booked my next trip to thailand, was dirt cheap for some reason, thought the prices would go up because of the boeing max 8 thing.

But nup, $AU 420

420....laughing

So that phone would = 5 return trips to thailand

GLENGLEN and Irminsul like this.
  18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That is cheap. :)

Guy at pool has the new iPhone and no shit I haven't had a iPhone for near 2 years now and I didn't even know it was a new iPhone. Still looked exactly like mine did 2 years ago lol. Pretty much since then I scoffed at the idea of a new phone. I know iPhone rig their phones to be obsolete and battery dies after 18 months so you're forced to upgrade but I haven't had that problem with my S8. :)

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Same lol. I often post on hipforums from the doctor's office, the dmv, the break room at work, or any other situation where I dont want to be bothered and want to appear busy

I've considered doing the no phone thing for a couple of months though, I think it could be a fun change

guerillabedlam likes this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I find it takes about 2-3 days to break the routine. Because atm I open my webpage and habitually open this site. But after 3 days it gets easier. :)