2020 is Looming

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ZenKarma, Nov 13, 2017.

1. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Here we are one year later with no impeachment in sight (yet).

What are we to do? Besides collecting guns and hoarding food and gold coins that is.

How about getting someone to run for president that could make a positive difference!

I am appalled at the suggestions being made that the same old hacks get up and dance yet again for the fame and fortune of 'running for president.' Seems like a game show at times...

I love Bernie, but he's too old.

Hillary? Again? You got to be kidding.

Biden? We need a decision maker not a throwback.

Today I read this fanciful article about George Clooney saving the world by becoming president.

We need to get real about this. Not just dream, or make deals, someone to make things work.

Who is there to lead us out from this madness? Or is it madness to believe any one person can save us from our collective fate as mankind?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Dwayne The Rock Johnson.. 2020.

ZenKarma likes this.
  3. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Bernie is a few years older than Trump and Hillary. I like how the "too old" narrative has seeped into the the mainstream to discredit him. The two men are from the same generation. If Trump is fit for reelections as his voters want Bernie is fit too. Will he run? Probably not because he's not a orange buffoon that makes for a good puppet. He is more the type to challenge the puppet master.

4. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If Bernie has a clean bill of health in 2020 and has the energy to campaign I'm all for it, but we'll see.

I like Tulsi Gabbard a lot but I dont think she'll be ready for 2020. Maybe 2028. Shes one of the few in Congress besides Bernie who has the courage to stand by her convictions though

I can't really think of any stand out candidates besides Bernie, honestly. Elizabeth Warren, maybe.

The progressive wing of the Democratic party has been mobilizing so hopefully some strong potential candidates will emerge in the next year

5. ~Zen~

I'm sure hoping some younger progressive comes forth. Frankly, even tho I am older myself, we need new visions , and solutions.

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

We need true fiscal and political conservatives--people who understand checks and balances, are weary of big government, and who don't throw our money around at every problem.
    We need people to reign in foreign policy, curb defense spending, and--my God people--address the cause of illegal immigration instead of immigration itself.

But this thread seems to be cheerleading practice for Democrats, so...tax increases, safe spaces, sanctuary cities and deeper in debt, here we come

6-eyed shaman and ZenKarma like this.
  7. Bernie's no older than these other people. Does it matter who president is? At least Bernie is non-partisan. The others want to control things. Bitch, there ain't no controlling chaos.

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm not against anything you mentioned actually, I dont think being a liberal has to be antithetical to fiscal responsibility. I just think we should be investing in things we can actually see a return on. Taking money from our bloated military budget, for example, to put into education, as another example, is an investment in the future work force of America. An educated populace = a competitive work force = more people employed with a good salary and paying taxes = more tax revenue. Same with investing in things like infrastructure. Building roads create jobs, jobs result in more money going back into the US economy and more tax revenue. Same with healthcare. Cheaper, more efficient single payer healthcare = more disposable money for people currently drowning in medical debt = more money into the US economy and a greater tax revenue

We may have opposing views on taxes, I dunno, so maybe you dont see an increased tax revenue as a good thing. But at some point we do have to admit there is no way to crawl out of a deficit with tax cuts and less tax revenue. We just need less people living in poverty because people living in poverty dont pay taxes. And we have to be willing to invest in programs that will prevent poverty for that to happen.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  9. Noserider

Tax corporations and billionaires. Also, we should rely less and less on tax dollars. The middle class is being taxed into non-existence and that's not cool

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Oh yeah I absolutely agree in a progressive tax system.

And I also think the more we invest in things that will pull people out of poverty the less we'll have to rely on taxes. Less people in poverty is less money spent on welfare programs. But we have to be willing to invest to get to that point, if we can cut the military and cut unnecessary pork spending we can get there without adding to the deficit

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. Noserider

Meliai/Prene 2020

ZenKarma likes this.
  12. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I am not into rushing time.....but my money will always be on Bernie.....old or not.....I am loyal.

ZenKarma likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol thats what I'm talking about.

I actually wished thats how our political system worked, where a Democrat had to choose a Republican as their running mateand vice versa. We might actually see less obstructionism that way

ZenKarma likes this.
  14. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

It started with Reagan when reporters figured out he'd be 70 when he took the white house. A decade later age discrimination was technically made illegal but continues to this day in other forms. Corporations are shedding older workers as fast as they can to save money on healthcare costs, condemning some older workers to an early grave.

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. GeorgeJetStoned

GeorgeJetStoned Odd Member

I thought the same when Bill Clinton ran. He was a sensation among younger voters because he smoked pot (but didn't inhale wink wink) and because he played his sax on Arsenio Hall. The man was dripping with cool. But when he won the white house, his administration turned marijuana arrests into the new DEA cash cow. Possession arrests shot up to a record 3/4 million per year.

Then I thought maybe Obama would end the drug war. Nope, he did virtually nothing about it aside from letting a bunch of hard core dealers out of prison early.

From what I have seen since the Johnson years is that Americans are never going to get a true savior. We're just going to get different flavors of con artists.

magickman, Orison and ZenKarma like this.
  16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

Trump for second term

GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  17. Noserider

2020 is looming
    [​IMG]

GLENGLEN, ZenKarma and Orison like this.
  18. ~Zen~

That's an awesome video - looming!!! Groovy!

I don't care much for Republocrats or Dempublicans... I want a person to run that is trustworthy and honest, who sees the difference between corruption and progress, and doesn't deny scientific facts in the name of profit/greed.

Is that too much to ask for?

19. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

How about Dr. Phil?

magickman likes this.
  20. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

I believe Joe Biden is thinking of running in 2020. I don't think he'd be that bad.

Saw talk of it on the tube this evening.