2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What are you laughing at?

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Another Troglodyte heard from.: Reid Henrichs , president of Valor Ridge firearms training school, with a vested interest in keeping folks armed and dangerous. Reid, a gung ho Marine vet, thinks of himself as a true patriot, but the views he espouses strike me as un-American and subversive. People watching the video should be aware that he's talking through his hat. He starts off with a garbled lecture about our constitutional rights. "Freedom", he tells us, is responsibility to family and those around us. No, Reid. it's more than that, though the emphasis on responsibility is a start. Responsible exercise of freedom in a democracy goes beyond you and yours, and must be exercised in a way that's consistent with like freedom of others. Absolute freedom can exist only in a condition of anarchy. Justice Holmes once remarked: your freedom to swing your fist ends where my nose begins.

The Bill of Rights that he purports to be defending gives us freedom from violations of our liberties by the federal government. The Fourteenth Amendment due process clause has been interpreted to extend this protection to abuses by the State governments and to apply most of the Bill of Rights to them, as well--but only against violations of due process. His tone suggests contempt for the notion of gun control. "Why not free speech control?", he asks. Why not search and seizure control?" But we already have those. Justice Holmes again said no one has a right to cry fire in a crowded theater, and speech can be limited when it threatens "clear and present danger" to the public health, safety, welfare, or morals, or (in more recent case law) lead to "imminent lawless action." Search and seizure is even more tightly controlled. The Fourth Amendment protects us from "unreasonable searches and seizures", paving the way for the intricate judicial doctrines of consent search, exigent circumstances, search incident to a lawful arrest, hot pursuit, inventory search, plain view, stop and frisk, plain view, etc. If (heaven forefend) Beto O'Rourke should make it to the White House (which I, like Henrichs, find a disturbing but unlikely prospect), and he should happen (even more unlikely) to get Congress to pass legislation prohibiting possession of Assault rifles (they did it once before), there is little doubt that such a restriction could be lawfuly enforced under current Supreme Court rulings. As Justice Scalia said in authoring the opinion in D.C. v. Heller, "Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner and for whatever purpose." As for mandatory "confiscation", the Fifth Amendment makes clear that the federal government can take our property with due process and just compensation. They take land all the time that way, and the Second Amendment should present no special obstacles. But that will be for courts to decide.

What I find particularly disturbing about Henrichs' half cocked presentation are the seeming veiled threats of violent resistance under a false claim of constitutional rights. He characterizes government law enforcement agents as "armed government thugs" with a "veneer of legitimacy" and armed with "guns they don't want you to have" coming after our guns. This language recalls the 1990 NRA's characterization of ATF agents as "jackbooted thugs" that so angered President George Bush '41.Henrichs' "take it for what it's worth" warning seems to be a veiled threat and invitation to armed resistance to the federal government, which puts him on the same plane with anarchists of the left and right. We've seen what such attitudes can lead to at Branch Davidian, Ruby Ridge, and the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon in 2016 by followers of Ammon Bundy. The "sovereign citizens" movement and non-governmental militias pose a threat to our democracy that we can't afford to tolerate. The Second Amendment doesn't confer a legal right on any individual to resist the lawful representatives or agents of our duly elected government. Constitutional Myth #6: The Second Amendment Allows Citizens to Threaten Government

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  3. Just so you know, nobody cares about Henrichs.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Tmdr...

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Begun the Drone Wars have. A sniper in Texas was killed last year using a bomb disposal drone, loaded with explosives. Its armored, so they just drove it right up to where he was hiding. The Pentagon already had a big sale on weapons for local police departments, including drones and tactical gear made for WWIII. The newest technology that isn't even on the market yet, looks to cut the cost of such drones in half in the near future. Even flying drones can carry machine guns and grenade launchers, as well as explosives, and I expect the local police and Pentagon to, more or less, fill the skies with them on demand. A single truck can carry and launch 4,000 simultaneously.

It is illegal to hunt in national forest using armed drones, while the Pentagon has chips that are EMP proof making it impossible to shoot the thing down with anything other than conventional weapons. The Pentagon is also attempting to regulate 3D printers, which can be used to build anything you want. The NRA is about to go high tech, because you can use drones like this with AI to create a home security system, that's lethal. Your own personal robocop. The way to keep guns legal, is to automate them and take the decision making out of the hands of the idiots who buy them. You can run, but you can't hide from your own stupidity, which is becoming cheaper to buy by the moment.

Already, AI are better drivers than the average person by far, better at diagnosing patients than the average doctor, by far, and their reliability will be no different than anything else we use, while their lower cost makes them inevitable. A single drone today, can do the work of several beat cops. With improvements in AI and scanning technology, they will be able to see right through your cloths, and track you through any crowd by the way you walk. Projectile weapons, are only as good as whoever wields them, and the NRA are not known for geniuses.

They are the same KKK assholes and others, who are rapidly shooting themselves in the foot in every way imaginable, dying young from alcoholism and, literally, too much Fox News, while their children run the other way and reproduce less. They have conditioned themselves to be so self-destructive, it is easy to automate the process of encouraging them, while pointing out there are alternatives. Call it, survival of the least stupid asshole.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Didn't watch, but suspect simple propaganda maneuvering.

I read every word of this post. I think that clowns like that are the types that are sort of waving the flag for the wrong reasons. They have a truck with the don't tread on me and it's next to a Trump sticker and an American flag. Everything is on blast!

I don't always see through it though. And that's what frightens me. That's the sort of mentality that allows for a different interpretation of reality. It's like he might actually do something. To me. I won't drive with those folks. To be honest, I think it's better to pull over and let them wave their flags. It's totally antagonistic!

Okiefreak likes this.
  7. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I thought TrudginAcrossTheTundra did. He posted the video.

8. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Henrichs himself is not important, but his ideas represent a primitive mindset we've encountered quite a bit on these threads: simplistic, uninformed, unreflective, aggressive, pseudo-macho. It's particularly disturbing that he and the person who posted the video seem to hold views and attitudes characteristic of the "sovereign citizen" movement and related posse comitatus garbola :that they have a constitutional right to resist the laws of duly elected representative government when they deem such laws wrong for whatever reason. That's wrongheaded and dangerous thinking.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    Balbus likes this.
  9. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

The military is infested with people like him, but what he gets wrong is that he thinks everyone toes the same line. Ironically, he condemns law enforcement. LEOs are primarily ex military.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

Beto the psychopath wants to take your guns..

upload_2019-9-14_11-23-11.png

11. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

I rest my case!

12. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sí, interesante, pero a ésta gente no les importa que mucho más gente muere por otras cosas. Solo tienen una paranoia y/o motivo alternativo. En 2017, 70 mil personas murieron por exceso de opioides según noticias en televisión y los ignorantes opinan que las armas de fuego es el mayor problema. No se cansan de hablar lo mismo con muchas cosas inventadas. Quieren desarmarnos algunos para que se les haga más fácil robarnos las cosas. Les faltan muchas cosas que aprender las cucarachas.
    Vamos a reelegir al presidente actual, que Dios nos ayude a superar!

WritersPanic likes this.
  13. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trudg

Already covered

Why can’t we tackle multiply things at the same time the problem of ease of access to guns and the opiod issue?

And again we are not talking of banning guns only of regulating them

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

I gave you a "Like" for a detailed and well assembled post that showed you actually listened to what he had to say, not because I agree with everything you said about it.

I'll take neighbors with views and skills like Reid. Surround me with them, please. Good man.

15. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

O

Are you honestly saying you think knives are a better weapon with which to kill than a gun, that in a duel you would choose the bread knife over a fully loaded glock?

16. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Hyuk hyuk
    I won't listen to anyone who may have an opposing view from that which I got from my heroes, but I'll hang on every word of criticism of others from my heroes because it makes me feel right and superior. Learning is for the weak-minded, and everyone who honors the precepts on which this country was built is a Troglodyte.

WritersPanic likes this.
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

And we already have a gun issue thread going so can we try and keep talk on that thread and not here?

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

And his name was Corn Pop.. ha.. Biden is a trip. All you need is a chain wrapped around your hand and you too can be the swimming pool bully..

WritersPanic likes this.
  19. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

I watched a little of the debates last week, and I think I like Elizabeth Warren the most...she is the only one who actually discusses what she would do if elected, instead of constantly talking against Trump. I don't like Trump, but she is probably the only one who spent her time talking about what she would do if she's President, not just all that is wrong right now.

Flagme15 likes this.
  20. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

well, there you have it.

Okiefreak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.