2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it think, much less drink, and Donald Duck is proof Americans are no longer capable of thinking. The lights are left on, along with the boobtube, and they try to sound rational, but never listen to a word they themselves say.

2. Holly1272

Holly1272 Members

Haha, I understand. Maybe I still keep with it because I don't have a single bit of interest in the policies of all the other candidates. Everything is identity politics anymore.

3. wooleeheron

I believe in evolution, because people can either change or we're all screwed! Americans have merely substituted their personal fantasies of politics for the stark reality, and all they require is a wakeup call, or they never could have gotten it together in the first place to form a country. However, it will be a rather rude wakeup call by an standard, and this is far from over. The workaholic Japanese and white US and EU populations are declining faster than all others, the more money they make and the more technological progress. You can run, but none hides forever from mother nature.

4. Holly1272

Holly1272 Members

What do you by evolution in this case?

5. wooleeheron

I'm an odd duck in that respect, because I'm a Taoist. From an Asian point of view, its all a singularity that ultimately makes no damned sense, and everything can be thought of as alive and growing as a result, because everything expresses every kind of behavior imaginable under the right circumstances. Evolution for me is merely the initial creative burst of the big bang still expanding to this day faster than light, and looking stretched out to mere mortal eyes. Call it dark energy, the great void, the mother of all, the face of God whom none may look upon and remember in all his glory, or just yin and yang. The reality behind evolution is that the light bulb is coming on in an instant, and classical logic doesn't apply, because evolution is self-organizing and obeys networking systems logic like everything else in a paradoxical universe.

Sorry if that's a bit complicated. You could say the assumption is that logic and conscious awareness are a crude simulation of reality, that gets better as humanity assembles more of the pieces to the puzzle. In reality, we are spirits in the material world, not the other way around, and information and imagination are more important than knowledge. What we do not know and cannot know are more often crucial, as is our humility, than anything we think we might know.

Evolution can be said to obey the laws of thermodynamics and express a return to the lowest possible energy state of the complete system. Organisms grow more complex, because they pay attention to what's missing from this picture, and nothing from nothing ain't nothing in quantum mechanics or even a vacuum chamber. No matter how hard you try, past a certain point, you can't get any of the molecules in the vacuum chamber to budge, because a context without any content is yin without yang.

Awareness, information, and imagination can be said to be what everything is composed of, and its impossible to pop God's bubble or see the back of your head without at least a mirror. We are both individuals and part of the collective unconscious, both causal beings and spirits in a world filled with magic. This explains the quantum observer effect, which is about to be established by neurologists, who have already shown the brain is fundamentally quantum mechanical. As much as anything else, evolution and the theory of evolution have led us to the singularity which now confronts all of humanity.

Forget about instinct, we have no choice but to surrender to mother nature, and merely pretend we have a choice in the matter. Karma's a bitch, and don't let anybody ever tell you otherwise.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  6. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Holly, I am curious as to why you liked trump in the first place? How are is policies amazing?

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

Hola a todos, vota por mí, te daré cosas gratis y dinero..

8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Y bienvenidos a todo el mundo! Con tal que me den las gracias en forma de hacerme dictador.

Orison likes this.
  9. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Does anyone really care? Care about our country? It's people?

Here's a summary of last night's debate.

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Wanting to curb the number of innocent people getting killed by guns every year IS caring about our country

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Such empty rhetoric

Okiefreak likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

probably just a typo, but no apostrophe in "its" for that one I think. :)

13. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Dangerous, too. Disarming the public under the guise of "helping" anything is deceptive at best.

14. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

15. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

So far, arming them doesn't seem to be very effective. How many of the recent mass shooters were stopped ot deterred by armed citizens? Surely there were armed citizens in El Paso, Miland and Odessa.

16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Most people do not support disarming people or taking away all guns, they just favor various measures of stricter gun control. You know this. Dont be dishonest.

I was talking about your rhetoric of pretending someone doesnt care about the country just because they don't think like you. I think that's a pretty fucking disgusting thing to say about people who are concerned with the number of innocent lives lost in this country due to gun violence (that they dont care about the country)
    I could very easily say the same about you, you have no concerns for lives lost

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  17. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Yeah, the gun rights people always say that a good guy with a gun can stop a bad guy with a gun. Well, it didn't happen in Texas, of all places.

I applaud Beto on saying he would confiscate Ak 47s, and Ar 15s. It's about time someone spoke up.

18. deleted

deleted Visitor

Los registros del FBI indican: entre 2007 y 2017, casi 1,700 personas fueron asesinadas con un cuchillo u objeto afilado por año. Eso es casi cuatro veces el número de personas asesinadas por un asaltante con "cualquier" tipo de rifle...

19. I wish Bernie would win it all. Four years of acting like grown ups is something this country sorely needs. Go Bernie. *sigh*

20. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.