2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. .

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
    stormountainman likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He has a point-----unfortunately it's on top of his head.

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

We’re not worried, just anxious to get that small-fingered, canary-haired, orange-face baboon, out of the white house and behind bars where he belongs.

Remember he remains individual 1 as the person who directed Michael Cohen to make payments to two women in an effort to conceal his sexual relationship with them.

The Manhattan federal prosecutors are just waiting until his fat ass is out of the white house, so they can send him to the big house.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2020
  4. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Yeah but--Obama----

5. Eagles

Eagles Visitor

Point #1:
    I have a grip on reality. You are factually wrong.

Point #2:
    First, GWB is a smoke screen of a talking point in this discussion. The Democrats always go off topic because they have nothing to show for over the last three years.
    Second, you’re right, but we’re talking about President Trump, remember? It’s his administration that is up for debate.

Point #3:
    First, WJC did have a good economy. As long as you mentioned it, President Trump created the lowest unemployment rate among Latinos, African-Americans, women and he did so across the board! Furthermore, the stock market was up to 29K points and the lowest number of people on welfare! No president has had these kind of numbers ever! (Hypocrisy? Just be sure that you look at EVERY president since Washington!) It’s why I’m an Independent. This is a flawed argument you are making.

Point #4:
    Again, you are only making arguments about other presidents. Remember the discussion of this room? Those presidents have nothing to do with President Trump and his policies. By the way, you mentioned a mortgage/financial meltdown. Did you want to talk about President Carter, too? Please stay with the 2020 Election, if you can!

Point #5:
    Don’t forget, the Democrats also wanted President Obama to take credit for President Trump having the best economy ever in 50 years. Pres. Obama doesn’t get that credit….President Trump does!
    Yes, he did! As long as you’re talking about terrorists, President Trump not only got Osama Bin Laden’s son, Hamza Bin Laden, he also took out Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi! You don’t want to give the president credit for those very successful operations, though, do you?

Point #6:
    You are showing, again, that you have no respect for this president, but that’s what the Democrats do. His marriages have nothing to do with his policies. Again, a flawed argument. That’s a narrative that you have made up! By the way, I condemn ANY harassment of women, do you?

Point #7:
    Again, nothing to do with the 2020 election. No tax cuts gets to every single person in the country, but President Trump’s tax break covered most Americans.
    Russian ties? No such thing happened! Even the Mueller Investigation came up with nothing! Oh, what was it that President Obama said to Vladimir Putin just before he left office? I’ll have more flexibility after my presidency. You don’t want to remember that, do you.
    What did the Democrats do with N. Korea and Russia? Nothing! Oh, how much did the Obama Administration give to Iran, again?

Point #8:
    Who stopped the Chinese from coming into the US? Who called the President a xenophobe and racist when he did that? Who killed thousands of senior citizens in New York by not following the CDC guidelines? What do you think President Trump did? He took the same position about masks and social distancing and still maintains those positions. Everyone was saying that the US was going to experience deaths to COVID-19 in the numbers of up to 2,000,000! Due to his leadership, it was far less than that! Even Dr. Fauci said that what this president did saved thousands and thousands of lives. Are there new cases? Of course and that was expected. Again, your name calling and so-called “facts” are seriously flawed! What this president did was exactly right!

Point #9:
    Withdrawing from NATO was the best thing we did. We were paying more than any other country. The other countries needed to pay their fair share and thanks to President Trump, that is now happening.
    The tariffs have been paid and President Trump helped farmers with those tariffs.
    The wall is being paid by Mexico, or haven’t you been listening?
    Yes, I do believe he’s a good president! You and other Democrats don’t want to acknowledge ANYTHING that President Trump has done and you never will. All you have done is make my point. I could go on, but you would discount it anyway.
    Good discussion! Going off point of the 2020 Election doesn’t help your argument, so I would suggest staying on the topic.

6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I just I just did a quick read-over and each of your arguments has serious flaws.

I don't have time right now to argue each point, but I'll get around to it.

There’s a reason Trump is behind in every national poll, because he's so bad, he makes Jimmy Carter look like Franklin Delano Roosevelt by comparison.

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

You are the one brought up the other presidents

trump inherited the good economy from Obama

drumpf is not a president. he is someone who occupies the white house

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

And at least Carter was a decent man who meant well.

10. Eagles

Eagles Visitor

No, I didn't bring up the other presidents.
    The economy was okay, but President Trump made it EXCEPTIONALLY great!
    Wrong, again, Flagme. Whether you like it or not, President Trump IS OUR PRESIDENT who was DULY ELECTED and YOU are WELL AWARE of that FACT!

11. Eagles

Eagles Visitor

So is President Trump!

12. Tyrsonswood

Yeah.... That's bullshit, right there

13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Yeah you did. You compared him to all of the past presidents

Changing your tune now. Before you said Obama had nothing to do with the good economy

fixed
    btw, people who write in caps(shout) proves that they are disparate.

stormountainman and Tishomingo like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Surely you are a troll or a kool aid drinker, or else you watch nothing but Fox news! He's a mean-spirited, foul-mouthed, divisive, crooked, conniving, corrupt, ruthless, nepotistic, narcissistic, megalomanic, authoritarian pussy-grabber! Have your fun. Betcha there's still time to enroll at Trump U.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2020
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Well it sure is the shits now, thanks to his continuing mishandling of the Covid crisis!

How could we forget' Day after day of that mean-spirited, foul-mouthed, divisive, crooked, conniving, corrupt, ruthless, nepotistic, narcissistic, megalomanic, authoritarian pussy-grabber!

16. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Oh, but what about his policies. Eagles refuses to admit that there is a correlation between trump's personality, and his policies.

MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

That's kinda like saying Mussolini got the trains to run on time and drained the swamps. But in the bigger scheme of things, he was a disaster for Italy--for reasons similar to why Trump is a disaster for the U.S. If we elect him again, we could get a Mussolini rerun. Trump's overriding policy objective is to make the U.S. more authoritarian. As Nixon's Attorney General, convicted felon John Mitchell, used to say: Watch what we do, not what we say." Nixon was headed in the same direction. Preserving the rule of law, limited government, checks and balances and other institutional characteristics of the U.S. system of government are important policies--I'd say even more important than economic policies (since an economy can crash at the drop of a hat, as it has under Trump.) Trump is the biggest threat to the former than any other President we've had. His unstated policy is to follow the path of the leaders he most admires: Putin, Kim Jong un, Erdogan, and Xi.

MeAgain and stormountainman like this.
  18. Eagles

Eagles Visitor

Since Tishomingo and Flagme is unable or unwilling to carry on a discussion without the name calling, making assumptions that are completely erroneous, twists things around and are unable to substantiate anything that is said, they are not worth the trouble in replying to their messages. It is for that reason that I'm done with this room. If there were someone here who could actually be an adult and have a civil and sensible political discussion, then I would stay. It's a sad commentary that this can't happen because it's at that point that no dialogue is possible. This is what many democrats do today and it's sad that they can't even have an open mind. Good luck everyone.

19. Tyrsonswood

If you were an adult, maybe you could find discussion. If you want to spout continuous and total bullshit, then we can't help you...

20. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

But that takes away all the fun. Eagles did at least provide us with some points for target practice. His claim that policy positions should be the basis for evaluating Trump is a non-starter, because: (1) policy has never been the sole focus for historians in evaluating presidents; (2) some of the worst leaders in history, like Mussolini, won early praise for their policy achievements --draining the swamps (literally) getting the trains to run on time; (3) Trump has exceptional difficulty formulating coherent policy positions, and has yet to do so for his second term; (4) Trump has failed to keep most of his policy promises; and (5) the policies Trump has pursued--including the economy--have been disasters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.