2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherman march

sherman march Members

I think a huge percentage of the money appropriated (by Congress) for "defense" actually goes to military-industrial corporations for military hardware, not for salary/benefits, etc for service members. All those tens of billions of dollars we spend on the "military" actually benefits the stock price/shareholders of the corporations who get all those contracts than it does the real men and women wearing uniforms.

2. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

stormountainman likes this.
  3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Yeah, if you had been paying attention to the details of the news in early 2000s, you might have a different view of all of this.

Nothing Trump has done has come close the all the stuff Bush and Cheney used to pull

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

5. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I'm not in the mood to go back, and check the popular vote in the red states.

6. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

This is sort of related:

:flushed:

Seems like a step in the right direction. You might say though that I'm wondering a little about the outcome of last time...

7. erofant

erofant Members

Yes. It IS a step in the correct, just direction. And the election in 2000 would have been different too. The reasons for the electoral college when it was formed are obsolete. Instantaneous global communication relegates the electoral college to the dust bin of history.

"We The People" doesn't mean just a few selected people who do what they want when it comes to electing a president ……………… popular vote by the whole population be damned. "We The People" means ALL of us - the whole population. Would any of us make a grocery order to be delivered by in-store delivery people …………….. and when they bring it to us - it's a completely different order??? Would we settle for that???

How much more important is the election of a U.S. President than a grocery order??!!!!!

8. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wow Kanye West is running for President.

soulcompromise likes this.
  9. soulcompromise

Yeah. I shake my head... I don't think he would be a very ethical leader because of stereotypes I have about rap music. I'm probably overgeneralizing, and wholly inaccurate. I know next to nothing about him. I just have misgivings about some of the more egotistical aspects of hip-hop and rap. Again, stereotypes. But I think of cars, money, and women (though there are also women who rap), and in some cases violence. I think that a leader who embraces any of those aspects is misguided, and would hope that he would make some kind of gesture to quell that aspect of electing him into office.

That said, Kanye has made some kind of spiritual headway of his own. I hear he's motivated a lot by religion.

I don't think I'll vote for him, but he might not be such a bad guy after all. :)

10. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Kanye West is only running to siphon votes off Biden...

11. erofant

erofant Members

^^^^^^ Thought the very same thing given KW's affinity and "love" for Rump. Maybe discussed behind closed doors???

Hey - I just thought of something…………… my question above sounds just like Faux network talking heads. Look Ma - I'm a Faux "news journalist" !!! All I have to do is ask a mysterious question (no bait - naked hook) ………….. and I have "news" !!! I'll have a million sucker-fish hooked on my "news."

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  12. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Kanye West's label: Yeezy got a bunch of loans from the paycheck protection program recently.

13. soulcompromise

14. soulcompromise

Kanye West says he no longer supports Trump and that he had coronavirus

I wish someone would explain to me why the Black vote is a "West" vote. :flushed:

He's sure wrecking it for democrats if African-Americans will all vote for him - which some are likely to do; though not all. Hip-hop fans particularly are probably susceptible to that thinking. Well, who am I to argue. I don't think he's qualified though. He's just not a politician. I guess we'll see.

15. Tyrsonswood

He insisted to Forbes that his run is not a publicity stunt and said he had no issue with the idea that his planned run could potentially take votes away from presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden and aid in the reelection of Trump.

You are just worried that he's not a politician?

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The decision will come down on Thursday

17. Tyrsonswood

18. soulcompromise

Well,

I'm sort of assuming that his candidacy isn't all bad. He has mental health issues, same as me. I guess I find some comfort in that, but I don't think he's qualified to run the country, no.

I don't think that African-American voters will vote for Trump, and that's what matters more.

I honestly feel like Kanye West is trying to make a point about money. It's just a suspicion at this point, but I really can't figure out why else he would want to run for President; especially because I really don't know that much about him.

I still would prefer Joe Biden to win the election; if only because he's a democrat and Kanye is republican; which pisses me off. It would be a lot cooler if he were running as a left-leaning democrat. I don't understand his angle other than that republicans usually keep the rich as rich as possible.

19. Tyrsonswood

"he has no issue with the idea that his planned run could potentially take votes away from presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden and aid in the reelection of Trump."

Seems pretty simple to me....

erofant and soulcompromise like this.
  20. soulcompromise

I see what you mean...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.