2020 Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 42017, Jan 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. And off we go to another election... comments?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2020
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I like warren fine i just don't like her chances. But then I don't take politics very seriously of late. It's hard with you know who in the white house. It slowly feels more and more pointless.

3. I've been saying that since Carter!

Truckguy1987 and soulcompromise like this.
  4. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

Yeah electoral politics seem like a sham and a waste of time to me. There seem to be more effective things to be spending time on

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Dems have no chance for a Pres until 2024

Trump knows how to play the media, he calls Warren Pocahontus, thats funny

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It begins.

WritersPanic likes this.
  7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

I don't know who they could run and win with, other than maybe Sanders if his health stays decent. I think it will depend on Trump's legal situation.

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I kinda like that Ojeda guy.

He's working class from West Virginia so he could easily pick up swing votes from disillusioned Trump voters.
    And he's embraced a progressive platform.

He doesnt really have any political experience but hey, neither did Trump. And I like the idea of regular people from normal backgrounds getting involved in politics without much experience a lot more than I like rich guys doing it.

Plus, he has a military background. Which is a plus when a nation is engaged in perpetual warfare. He understands the true cost of war.

And Trump wouldnt be able to get to him with his usual childish insults. If he insults Regular Joe from working class West Virginia he'll only alienate his base

Probably a long shot but American politics are so weird right now the long shot might end up having a decent shot

10. Bicaptain My Captain

Bicaptain My Captain Members

As a progressive Democrat I'm leaning toward O'Roark. But whoever we pick, we'll find some way to screw it up. As Will Rogers said "I don't belong to an organized party. I'm a Democrat."

Trump will fight tooth and nail for the nomination because if he doesn't serve a second term he will go to jail!

Can't wait for subpoenas to start flying on Jan. 3.

11. Somebody says that about every president. It fattens the wallets of lawyers, nobody important goes to jail. Just the hired stooges (where killing them would raise too many red flags).

12. Sanders looks even more like the Crypt Keeper than Bill Clinton. He's weirdly spry for an old codger. I figure he gets transfusions of virgin blood. And maybe some coke.

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Watch out
    If Warren gets 1/1024 of the vote, she will claim herself as president.

tumbling.dice and WritersPanic like this.
  14. I don't get why people think Bernie is older than all of the other potential candidates he's no older than.

The Democratic base is completely divided. One half doesn't think the other half understands the true meaning of being progressive.

The Republicans on the other hand don't understand progress whatsoever, but at least they're solidly united in this lack of understanding. That's why they will win.

The Democratic establishment is just a scam. They're not progressive, not in the sense that true progressives would like them to be. And they won't get our votes, once again. I just can't believe they didn't learn their lesson in 2016. But, then, I suppose it's not like it really matters to them, so long as the establishment keeps getting richer.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Warren is just too boring.

I never got the anti Hillary thing, of course you have to get your hands dirty as US S.O.S.

I hope she runs again. Go Hillary!!!

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Tomorrow the Democratic party will assume control over the House of Representatives.
    Trump won’t be around long enough to break wind before he’s impeached.

You’re right Sen. Warren (who I voted for last November) doesn’t stand a chance in a National election, but Joe Biden, does.

Tommy433 likes this.
  17. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Progress implies telos.
    It isn't that they don't understand your idea of progress, it's that they don't agree with your conclusions (both articulated and covert)
    Anyway the Republicans are quite divided in their own right (nationalists vs global corporatism)

Okiefreak likes this.
  18. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Ventura-Stern 2020

19. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I like Jesse Ventura but in recent years he’s gone off the rails and I think he's starting to lose it

20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Never going to happen

Z-Man1983 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.