2019-nCoV Coronovirus (COVID-19]

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

See you don't give a fuck to stuff that doesn't affect you.

I've got news for you, half your country men and woman don't give a fuck about Covid, they never really did, all you really did is pay some of them to have a 6 month holiday...still go visit grandma at Thanksgiving

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh
    My
    God

So before 2020, did you not assume you are more likely to get cold or flu in winter than other times of the year?

You didn't notice all the extra ads for cold and flu medicine in winter?

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

VG,

It's not any surprise that the populace here is overdue a wakeup call...

Do you think that Australians are exempt? I'm not there, and I don't know - I've never been there. But it occurs to me that we're probably not too terribly different. I bet we have more in common than most Australians realize. Let's not let the stereotypes about America be correct in your mind. ;)

4. soulcompromise

I am aware of "flu season". I'm not a big believer in the air temperature being relevant though. Perhaps it is! :)

But I'd like an explanation as to how that works... Are viruses even effected by temperatures of, say 85 Fahrenheit such that they go dormant or something in warmer weather? I'm just not knowledgeable. I'm not trying to stay ignorant or some weird thing

pattymary likes this.
  5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It was just luck in Aus and NZ , both just had a small number of cases early on that were easier to jump on

soulcompromise likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Spread by being in any kind of water vapour excreted from the human body, water vapour will just dissipate, evaporate quicker in warmer weather

It still spread in Texas and Arizona in your Summer, but no where near the rate it is now

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I was premature with the economic fallout predictions, but all the signs are still there, just maybe 18 months after March 2020, not 6 months

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I never said I didn’t care.

But I also understand Japan has gone through a lot over the past decade, the 2011 Earthquake and tsunami, the meltdown of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, tens of thousands of people displaced, an unpopular government, a bad economy, a low birth rate coupled with an aging society, and the women that do have children are mostly single and struggling to survive,

And you're right half the country doesn't care about covid-19, because the President doesn't give a fuck.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Thats a ridiculous statement, especially for under 40s, they do actually have a greater chance of dying in a car crash than dying of covid, and they are going to hang on every word of a president when half of them dont even bother to vote?

10. hotwater

Finally a break in the case

11. Cookie Man

Cookie Man Senior Member

hotwater likes this.
  12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

13. hotwater

Grim Day in U.S. as Covid-19 Deaths and Hospitalizations Set Records

The United States on Wednesday recorded its single-worst daily death toll since the pandemic began, and on a day when Covid-19 hospitalizations also hit an all-time high, the pace of loss showed no signs of slowing any time soon.

Not since spring, during the pandemic’s first peak, were so many deaths reported. The high point then was 2,752 deaths on April 15. On Wednesday it was at least 2,760.

Hospitalizations from the virus topped 100,000 — more than double the number at the beginning of November. That is a clear indicator of what the days ahead may look like, experts say.

“If you tell me the hospitalizations are up this week, I’ll tell you that several weeks down the road, the deaths will be up,” said Dr. Jeremy Faust, an emergency medicine physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston.

14. hotwater

US coronavirus update:

Today the US set the record for the most Covid-19 hospitalizations since the pandemic began at 100,667,
    the most positive cases, and the most deaths at more than 2,800 in a single day.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

16. hotwater

Massachusetts Coronavirus Update:

6,675 new cases of COVID-19 reported in Massachusetts on Thursday shattering the previous record set back in March with 4,946

17. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

19. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

20. soulcompromise

VG,

I think that people are getting infected because they are being idiots, not because their mask doesn't work. You would be surprised how many times I've seen noses out of masks, noses and mouths, and like today someone take off their mask before their out the door of an establishment. There is literally some kind of scofflaw mentality at play. Deliberate coughing is another example. Wtf? *facepalm*

And it does raise the question "Is that all it takes?". I think that's where we're getting our 15 million - people are just dying to take off their masks.

Just leave them on, for crying out loud.