2019-nCoV Coronovirus (COVID-19]

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 29, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Coronavirus: U.S. Reports Nearly 50,000 New Cases, Another Single-Day Record

The United States reported 49,932 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday, the fifth single-day case record in eight days, according to a New York Times database. North Carolina, Tennessee and Texas also hit daily records, with Texas reaching more than 8,000 new infections.

New outbreaks are erupting in the South and West, and areas that have made progress against the virus are showing signs of resurgence. Several Republican-led states that moved quickly to reopen this spring at the urging of President Trump are now reimposing some restrictions.

Arizona, which Mr. Trump visited in May and praised for its reopening plans, is now seeing record numbers of new cases, and Gov. Doug Ducey decided this week to close its water parks and to order bars, gyms and movie theaters in the state to close for 30 days. On Wednesday, Vice President Mike Pence visited Arizona to discuss the crisis as the state reported more than 4,700 new cases.

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"Yeah... But what about all those puppies in Sri Lanka, or someshyt?" ~ VG

OR

"Yeah... But those new cases aren't dead yet and some of them are old smelly people" ~VG

OR.....

Lynnbrown likes this.
  3. hotwater

I think someone being charged with Criminal assault for not wearing a mask is a bit too harsh., but they should be fined

This case in NY is a perfect example of how they should be dealt with...............

Some partygoers tied to coronavirus cluster will get subpoenas

Coronavirus infections among eight people are tied to a large party where the host had COVID-19 symptoms in Rockland County
    outside of New York City, health officials said.

But some of the partygoers are refusing to comply with contract tracers — and they will get subpoenas with possible fines of $2,000 a day, officials said.

pattymary likes this.
  4. hotwater

VG is a lost cause,

In four months VG will be virtually hamstrung once when trump is out of office

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Good for her, I hope she kicked your arse too !!!

hotwater likes this.
  6. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Perhaps it wasn't you but I thought you posted previously that one or both of your parents had serious health issues. Hopefully you don't go to see them with this mindset.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  7. hotwater

Trump says he thinks coronavirus will 'just disappear' despite rising cases

Meanwhile, Dr. Anthony Fauci said Tuesday that he "would not be surprised if we go up to 100,000" new cases per day.

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that he believes the coronavirus will "just disappear" even as cases explode across the U.S. and top health officials warn that the country needs to do more to stop the spread.

"I think we're going to be very good with the coronavirus. I think that at some point that's going to sort of just disappear" Trump said in an interview with Fox Business Network.

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

You notice how every one switched to being horrified at the number of cases rather than the actual number of deaths ever since the number of deaths started going south

9th of June was the last time the US recorded more than 1000 deaths a day

3 1/2 weeks

US had 40,000 cases in one day back on April 24th

Give it a two lag between positive test results and dying, does make it ten times less deadly in summer

pattymary likes this.
  9. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Coronavirus cases are inflated to bring in more medicare money to hospitals.

Dude111 likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

It's just a story for the media, and for government officials to appear they are doing all they can, party was on June 13, that little nugget of information is in one of the links in that article if you want to check

So three weeks of fucking around to get to this point, and no mention of what is actually getting subpoenaed; phone records, court attendance, evidence...what?

Another couple weeks for them to dick around with court orders, only for those people to say, I can't remember, I was too drunk that night and I can't really remember everywhere I went the day after, that was 6 weeks ago

But awesome clickbait for the Coronavirus Karens that will touch themselves thinking about all the young people that have more fun than them getting thrown in imaginary jail

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Meanwhile in Australia, people coming off international flights, supposedly being quarantined in hotel rooms were being guarded by minimum wage security guards with 5 mins Rona training, and some of those guards were shagging some of those quarantined people apparently. The guards also told by their superiors not to get tested so they don't become understaffed

Lolz, Gee, I wonder why that didn't work

12. Tyrsonswood

So... You have spoken to or asked every one? On the planet?

Yeah, I say bullshit.

Oh and there's some more bullshit....

13. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

14. Tyrsonswood

Why you should wear a face mask in public places is such a simple concept and yet you still don't get it...

Speaks volumes about your mindset... Or, your comprehension skills... One or the other.

15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Don't feel singled out. I was in the bank and had mine pulled down because they have signs posted to pull down your mask for the teller. She corrected me and when asked included that you only pull it down when you're at the teller window (I had been in the line area).

pattymary likes this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

6 eyes has a constitutional right to spread disease wherever and whenever he wants... It's in the constitution somewhere, or so he's been told.

soulcompromise likes this.
  18. pattymary

pattymary Member

Wearing a mask too long is not so good, because you are breathing back the carbon dioxyde , you have to know when to wear it to limit this effect that is if you are in a crowd or a busy place..

Dude111 likes this.
  19. hotwater

Those were the good ole days back in April when we had 40,000 cases in a single day. Yesterday we recorded 55,000 new cases and if Anthony Fauci is to
    be believed we’ll soon approach 100,000 cases a day

You keep babbling on about how less people are dying because you were wrong in your assessment (or trump’s assessment that you accepted as gospel)
    that the virus would simply go away when the weather got warmer.

20. Tyrsonswood

Is that why doctors and nurses constantly drop dead during 4 hour open heart surgeries? People that work 8 hour shifts in dusty environments?

Sorry, but the danger of masks is being totally overblown by the people that "just don't wanna" wear a mask... The only people that actually should not wear a mask for health reasons should not be out in public in the first place. Everybody else will have no actual health problems caused by wearing a mask while out shopping.

But their tough guy buddies might laugh at them... Oh, the horror!

pattymary likes this.