2019-nCoV Coronovirus (COVID-19]

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Jan 29, 2020.

1. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Rumors and panic are abound in NYC even though there isn't a single confirmed case of the coronavirus

[​IMG]

2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Seems to have jumped from 9000 to 12000 cases in a matter of 1/2 week.

You really think that Travel ban is only going to be for 2 weeks if it keeps climbing like that.

Btw, not saying I agree with any of this. I think it's all getting a bit nutty too quickly

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. Candy Gal

Candy Gal Lifetime Supporter

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

6. Varmint

Varmint Member

I think it got nutty because they initially tried to cover it up. Now it's a world-wide embarrassment, and someone over there has gotta' pay for that one. We probably won't hear about that, either.

Also, Orison, I think you should post that meme on facebook. It'll be a blast.

7. deleted

deleted Visitor

I probably got it from fb..

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  8. It is so,the corona factory beer vat broke a hose and leaked into the atmosphere :mask:

Mike Literous and GLENGLEN like this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

10. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

As Good An Explanation As Any Iv'e Heard Recently....... :D

Cheers Glen.

11. Turned into Mexican sewerage plus a lemon.
    It's nothing new in Oz:smile::mask:

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Some ancient astronaut enthusiasts suggest that devastating diseases and plagues are handed down by the gods to bring population under control or in the case of Asian descent, the reptialians are handing it out from below.

Orison likes this.
  14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

15. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

The coronavirus continues to spread

BOSTON (WHDH) - A UMass Boston student in his 20s who recently traveled to Wuhan, China, and was living in Boston is the Bay State’s first confirmed case of the coronavirus,
    health officials announced Saturday.

The man, whose name was not released, arrived in Boston Tuesday and went to the hospital Wednesday, according to the Massachusetts Department of Health.
    He tested positive for the virus late Friday evening and the CDC alerted health officials in Massachusetts of the positive test results.

[​IMG]

16. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... You people are all gonna die.

17. A virus? Well throw your animals out into the street to die! That will make for a healthier situation. People eating mice and bats and gophers... Then they wonder how a virus spreads. We need to be much safer with animals.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Something else fishy is going on, that's too many cases, too quickly in a still reasonably contained area, for what is just a type of flu virus

And I mean fishy as in maybe the Chinese did know about this a couple months earlier than they are claiming

19. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I keep thinking about this book I read that switched between a post-flu world where most of humanity had been wiped out and the beginning days of the epidemic. It was startlingly believable. I think it's the most likely "end of world" scenario. And it will start like this.