2018 Prison Strike

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by GuerrillaLorax, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

No, it isn't. It's no more racist than the general population.

So this.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...5.PbIylD41OT8#scso=_AP9JXIf_Msy85gKFtYbwDA3:3

This.

And this.

[​IMG]

All show that he was shot in the back with his hands in the air?

2. GuerrillaLorax

GuerrillaLorax along the peripheries of civilization

3. Maccabee

None of those address what I said about Michael Brown.

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

still no effects on the PaDoc .. hummpf..

5. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My friend Mark is a correctional officer for the state of Pennsylvania. We met while we were stationed at Ft. Sill, OK.

McFuddy and GLENGLEN like this.
  6. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Can we at least acknowledge Mac had a point in that Michael Brown wasn’t shot in the back? It’s just common courtesy.

Sig and Maccabee like this.
  7. GuerrillaLorax

I just reread some of the sources that I haven't seen in 5 years and it does look like he wasn't actually hit in the back. Even though firing multiple shots at Michael’s back, the cop just had horrible aim. (Which is perhaps why he's so insecure and easily feels threatened).

I suppose my wrong statement was do to this quote: "There was a struggle between Brown and Wilson, with Brown trying to push away from the police car and Wilson trying to pull Brown into the vehicle. The first gunshot then came from the car, while both of Brown's hands were outside the vehicle. At that point Brown broke away and started running down the street. Wilson chased after Brown while shooting at the teenager. Brown's body jerked, as if he was hit, and he turned around, stood still, and put his hands up. Wilson continued shooting Brown even as the teenager attempted to surrender, and Brown went down."

"Six different witnesses on the scene claimed that Mike Brown was shot at repeatedly from behind before he turned around, faced Darren Wilson, verbally surrendered, and put his hands in the air. Wilson, having already shot at Mike Brown at least six times while he fled, then fired off a barrage of four quick shots at the surrendered Brown he was looking at face to face, killing him on the spot. With his lifeless body face down on the road, Mike Brown’s blood literally flowed down Canfield Drive for more than four hours. The shooting and the aftermath that evening, which included bringing police dogs to the scene, infuriated residents as never before, and the anger was spreading rapidly across St. Louis and into the nation." - Video: Police lied. Mike Brown was killed 148 feet away from Darren Wilson's SUV

So yes, Mac was right about that one thing.

8. Maccabee

So let me get this straight. You're telling me that while Brown was running away, not posing a threat and thus the officer was relatively calm and focused, Wilson couldn't hit the broadside of a barn. However as soon as Brown turned around, Wilson was able to land multiple shots on target, including head shots. Do you have any physical evidence to back this up?

Also to add, the witnesses' testimony were fualty if not completely made up.

Some Ferguson witnesses weren't credible - CNN.com

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...n-learned-from-the-shooting-of-michael-brown/

9. GuerrillaLorax

A moving target is significantly harder to hit in comparison to a non-moving target. Did you not know that? The quote states that the cop was shooting while giving chase. So that wouldn't make him "calm and focused".

How convenient that almost every single eye witness lied. Most of whom have more in common with the cop than Michael Brown.

Did you not look at your own sources? Check out that PBS one again haha.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  10. Maccabee

He was also running towards Wilson when he was shot. Therefore my question still stands. There is no physical evidence to corroborate that Brown was shot or shot at while he was running away. If you have physical evidence, please share.

Take that up with the prosecution, the physical evidence discrediting the "hands up don't shoot" narrative, and the three left leaning mainstream media links I posted saying that the witnesses were at best mistaken. I'm not about to dive into some conspiracy theory that they are all in on it just to confirm your own bias.

You mean this paragraph?

"McCulloch highlighted the variations in witness accounts during the grand jury press conference. “In subsequent interviews with law enforcement, or their testimony before the grand jury, many of the same witnesses acknowledged that they didn’t actually see the shooting,” McCulloch said. “Some were running for cover. Some were relating what they heard from others or as I said, what they assumed happened.” But many witnesses held steadfast to their interviews. “Several other witnesses maintained their original statement that Mr. Brown had his hands int he air and was not moving toward the officer when he was shot,” McCulloch said."

11. GuerrillaLorax

Yep, that would be part of it. As well as this graph: [​IMG]

12. Maccabee

Which, as the other two links I posted show, the hands up don't shoot wittnesses had conflicting stories and series of events. They even constradicted there own story. Nkt to mention the physical forensic evidence dud not back up their testamony and that some of them ADMITTED to lying.

13. Then again, it was obvious Darren Wilson was lying when interviewed by George Stephenopoulos, so who knows. One thing is for sure, you can't trust eye witnesses.

14. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This only proves that all police officers as well as private citizens should be required to wear bodycams

15. GuerrillaLorax

Well cops are still cops. The ones who wear bodycams just turn them off when they shoot people. And use is as just another aspect of the surveillance state when it suits them.

16. Maccabee

Do you have evidence for this? You do realize that there's an entire YouTube channel called Polive Activity that basically does nothing but show police shootings from the bodycams worn by police, right?

17. GuerrillaLorax

I honestly thought it was pretty well known. I've seen countless articles over the years post-Ferguson. Never paid too much mind to them as I thought it was common sense. But a quick DDG search has a bunch. Here's some from the top: Sacramento police unveil new body cam policy after deadly shooting, protests

After Minneapolis Police Shooting, Many Ask: Why Wasn’t Body Camera On?

Officer involved in Monday shooting had body cam turned off

https://www-m.cnn.com/2017/07/19/us/minneapolis-police-shooting-body-camera/index.html

In Opinion: When cops leave their body cameras turned off

I also saw there was a sort of meme being made on cops "forgetting to turn off their cameras and getting busted". And thanks for that resource by the way, I'll check it out. How dumb can they get hey?

And to take this even further, even when cops murder on camera, they still get away with it...

18. Maccabee

Let's think about it. First off, body cameras are relatively new. In fact you can find a good amount of officers who went for a good chunk of their career without even knowing that they exist. So with that, some officers may not be fully adjusted wearing and turning on their camera. Combine that with the fact that if you suddenly have to shoot or otherwise be in an adrenaline dumping situation, turning on your camera isn't exactly a priority in that instance. With that being said, forgetting to turn on your camera is a rare thing. How many police shootings are there vs how many times police forget to turn on their bodycams?

19. GuerrillaLorax

Perilous

"Perilous is a project supported by a network of people who seek to gather and track information on prison uprisings, riots, protests, strikes, and other disturbances within public and private jails, prisons, and detention centers in the US and Canada. In this process, we rely on crowdsourced information in addition to local news outlets and our own reporting.

Concerted rebellion by prisoners has occurred throughout the history of incarceration, including a powerful uptick during the Prisoner Rights Movement of the 1960s and 70s in the US. Our timeline begins with the December 2010 Georgia prison work stoppage and therefore excludes much of this history. Since 2010, we have seen a steadily rising wave of prison rebellion which we believe constitutes a nation-wide social movement (similar to the Occupy movement or the Black Lives Matter movement). Our goal is to track this movement comprehensively.

It is important to note that the information provided here represents only a fraction of the actual number of instances of prison rebellion. We consider this project a work in progress and we welcome efforts to help expand our database. "

20. GuerrillaLorax