2008 Queens Day Hip Forums pig meets & cruise

Discussion in 'Amsterdam' started by mopperm1, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BlueBerry

BlueBerry Member

thats funnie you mention me whilst i cruise thru this thread looking to make a post... i will be there for my 13th trip the same day you arrive, guess you wont be catching up to me this year LOL

im looking for a spot on the pig boat as well, i know jonnyjoe (on channels, i believe he is stider sumpin on here) had a blast last year, so id like to give it a go if there is room left....

mopperm???

see yall freaks in 47 daze,

BlueBerry

2. yogibear

yogibear Member

Hey BlueBerry hope to see you soon. There is a Meet and Greet at the WaterHole 4-29 at 6pm. See you all there. :party:

3. ispica

ispica Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Hey BlueBerry, welcome aboard!

4. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

Mike C: where is that cartoon of mikey? your cartoons have more hits (almost 1900) on my flickr site than my photos. that one of mikey will sure top them!! where this years official logo mike c? not this redux I did..

[​IMG]
    mike c pig logo 2006...redux by mike o 2008

5. ispica

God-damn-it, I can't find that cartoon of MikeyMike any where on my computer, I can't even find the hard copies, it's as if someone has entered my office and scrubbed clean all the evidence of MikeyMikes crime!

So I'll have to recreate the evidence (like George Bush).

As soon as I get started on this years, (cheapo) shirts. Anyone have any suggestions for content? I can't wear any of the previous shirts in public, although my kids friends dig them.

Mopperman, you always have good ideas, except that time you tried to get me to room with MikeyMike.

6. BlueBerry

BlueBerry Member

are those tshirts ready yet???

id sure like to have one, so please put me on the list ;)

see you in 27 days

BlueBerry

7. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

nice job on the t-shirts as usual mike...3 or so weeks to go!! is everyone still on board, haven't heard back from our brit party folk.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BlueBerry

BlueBerry Member

im sure ill prolly be around for that meet up as well, i have FBNs page book marked where most of the meets are posted ;)

20 days til blastoff!!!

BlueBerry

9. mikeymike

mikeymike Member

I hope all my fellow piggies have fun, wish I was able to go but No. Take lots of pics and party on.

Peace

Mikeymike

10. ispica

We'll miss you this year MikeyMike, we'll toast you with a vapo...

See you next year

11. yogibear

yogibear Member

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. See you next year. :nopity:
    19 F#@king days

12. buckeye guy

buckeye guy Member

Hoi varken!

See you at the Waterhole then.

13. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

sorry to hear you won't make it mikeymike. hope to see you in 2009 dude!

14. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

What's up pigsters....just some updates:
    The queens day cruise isn't looking too good as the guys we rented the pt boat from last year has yet to confirm our reservations. I have tried other places with no luck. We'll have too play it by ear and hope for the best. I still have my houseboat owners motorboat as backup(if his new one is delivered in time) for a smaller group of 12 or so people. Regardless of the cruise were still having our queens day pig bash on the houseboat starting at 6p.
    [​IMG]
    Besides Mikey not making it, looks like my better half Nancy won't be joining us this year either. Only 4 originals left. We'll lift some tiny heinies to our missing pigs this year....Nancy, Joe, Bill, Mikey.
    Only a couple of weeks or so to go.....landing the 25th. Who's in town that weekend? Get in touch...
    [​IMG]

15. dannymac

dannymac Member

And we'll be getting there a day later.

Delivering mail later that day;
    Channels party on Saturday evening;
    Cologne on Sunday;
    Antwerp on Monday;
    Waterhole on Tuesday evening;
    Queensday on Wednesday;
    Leaving on the 1st.

Rest of our time is free though, and we'd like to hit up Haarlem sometime in there.

16. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

landing the 25th same as you, heading out on the 24th...might catch up with you saturday dan. nice list of daytrips, we did the cologne daytrip in 2006 and brussels in 2005, haven't done antwerp yet. make sure you take in a nice rhine river cruise and check out the dom for sure, such a beautiful cathedral. I have a few places planned myself..maybe bremen, the haag...always do daytrips. I rarely confine myself to amsterdam when there is so much to see and do in europe.

cologne 2006
    [​IMG]

brussels 2005
    [​IMG]

17. dannymac

dannymac Member

It'll be a couple other piggies with us to Antwerp as well.
    I've been told we're heading for de Kulminator, with more than 500 beers to choose from.

You're not flying out of Newark by any chance?

18. koopa

koopa De Kuil Krue Hipster

thanks for the update mopperm. its a shame that the boat has fallen through but we will have a fun piggy queensday none the less! trying to look at the glass as half full, hopefully this will give us the opportunity to enjoy queensday from a different perspective this year.....walking through the party streets, seeing the musical performances by the museumplein, the rembrandtplein, and the vondelpark, etc.

ah the pictures of our 2006 Cologne trip.....I am still greatful to this day to have had the opportunity to travel their with you my man. Good Times!

19. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

flying out of bradley intl./ hartford...save about 5-7 hours drive(hate that traffic/drive), cost of parking, time in lines/customs. only one intl. flight out of bradley daily to amsterdam. they just started about 6 months ago and costs me 580 dollars. so much money and time saved.....see you next week!!
    [​IMG]

20. mopperm1

mopperm1 Member

where the hell is this dakota hippy pig at? intercity I think his name is. LOL:)

[​IMG]
    5 more days for this pig!!! I'll be on point and prep the area for ya'll. :party: