2006 in Colorado

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by iSiS, Aug 18, 2005.

1. delylah

delylah Member

how do you go about helping and donating specifically?
    i am planning on being there, so i would like to do something. i went to the utah gathering in 2003, and it was amazing.
    but yeah where would we look, like the welcome home site?

2. SucculentFlower

SucculentFlower earthfirst!

I posted the number for the Colorado Light Line....please call it Delyla, Erin or Scott will contact you as to were you can donate! Love ya~

3. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Member

yeah i'm going if i can find a ride and if my parents allow me to go!

4. SucculentFlower

Dearest Loving Family~ this is an update regarding the Colorado Rainbow Family (at the group posting site: groups.yahoo.coloradorainbowfamily) We need your support in keeping the ENERGY STRONG regarding the National, there is a family Member that is the founding member of this posting group, named Allen (at the yahoo posting group). His agenda is to propose to the Colorado and National Family to encourage alternative gatherings to be held at the same time as the National and to encourage people to attend them!

He plans to attend the Thanksgiving council and make his pitch there. I encourage all Family to attend this council, and also I encourage all Family to go to this website and post what you feel about this issue.

Please read the posts regarding the subject. Long time Rainbows have talked to Allen again and again, and he persists. He also posts on AGR and gets blocked there.

Anyway, the issue is this: please let it be known that there is no cancelation! We need your supportive energy! Please keep in mind that the Colorado Light Line is still up and running! Ignore all rumors of cancellation.

Loving you! Succulent :)

5. SucculentFlower

Here's a post from a newcomer to that aforementioned site~
    Date: SunÊOctÊ16,Ê2005Ê 7:43 pm
    Subject: focalizing new visions
    pyratemama
    Send Email
    RemoveÊAuthor | BanÊAuthor

dearÊfriends,

Ê

With all due respect to everyone and everything,Êthis is interesting. Without ever having read the back messages of this list yet,ÊI can offer this...on the whatermelonlist beginning last October 2004,ÊI began to share my visions of the necessity to create an underground alternative to the established Rainbow Family. Apparently this is nothing new, and has been going on for thirty years. It's called the Wilderness Family, and it's emergence is practically inevitable.

Ê

IÊknow this is controversial, but we are indeed working it out. The so-called authorities of this country, by their actions, areÊpretty much forcing people who choose to maintain their autonomy and liberty to do so. So are the wrecking crews and other destructive forces, which live by anti-Rainbow ethics and lack of common human decencies. Like good pirates, we had to call a mutiny in a way, in order to maintain our abilities to provide mutual aid, while maintaining our autonomy, which is the basis of true freedom and liberty.

Ê

We are networking, and creating underground networks, so to speak, of safe places, usually on private land but not always, where we can stay and gather safely and without surveillance and interventions. We are focalizing underground gatherings and other things, utilizing all the original Rainbow principles, plus new ones that have come about as a result of our natural evolution as individuals and as a people. Everyone is welcome. Love is the foundation etc. etc.

Ê

This is the nature of humanity and free will. What i think is that the official RainbowÊcounterculture has become too risky for certain people, like outlaws, runaways, and people stressed out about the intervention of authorities. AndÊthe countersurveillance is just too much. InÊmany regions of the United States, but not other countries, Rainbow has a terrible reputation. The people who wish to be with Rainbows, but cannot for these reasons, must find or create an alternative. It's a revolution of sorts.

Ê

Just look up my messages on the whatermelonlist, beginning around the end of September 2004 and going on until about last June 2005, under "kiyonah thundersong", if you care to know my thoughts and visions. Here's the story in a nutshell.ÊI went to the national gathering in Missouri, in 1996.ÊI was sitting in a hot dusty field, watching people vomiting and shitting into open holes in the middle of a field, listening to sick people yelling at each other and their children, watching dogs running loose tearing shit up, etc, and the sun was so hot thatÊI could see fractal rainbows everywhere.ÊI wasn't tripping,ÊI was hot.ÊI laid back on the ground and a vision came over me, a vision experienced by many people. WhatÊI saw was this: a giant Rainbow that looked like millions of people side by side was arcing across the entire sky of Turtle Island (North America). Close up, you could see turmoil, fightingÊand turbulence among the people/molecules. Suddenly, the rainbow shattered into zillions of pieces, like a broken mirror/crystal, and the pieces scattered all over the nation. Each piece sprang up into the sky as a new Rainbow. Each was as big as the original rainbow.ÊI knew in my soul that this meant the one huge rainbow would become many. Rather than one huge gathering, with overflowing shitters, rampant sickness and lice, bad shit going down everywhere, cops all over, there would be many national gatherings all over the place, sometimes on the same day, sometimes one after another after another. This is already the case if you are a global rainbow and travel all over the world going from gathering to gathering, in Mexico, Canada, Spain, France, England, Australia, India, all over. And the vision was good.ÊI wasn't tripping, yetÊI had such a huge epiphany thatÊI must have levitated.

Ê

SoÊI would offer my supportÊin creating alternatives, preferably underground and below the radar. AndÊI do walk my talk.ÊI can prove it in many ways.ÊI have devoted my life to it. And

what's the harm? Small is beautiful. Large is complex, sometimes too complex, and vulnerable to large scale problems with no easy solutions. Tribes are naturally pretty small, for good reasons. Tribalism requires closeness. Yes, 25,000 people omming all at the same time in one place is unforgettable. But so is the thought of 25 million people omming simultaneously all over the world.

Ê

Isn't there enough room for everyone and everything? The very nature of many rainbow people prevents them from bowing down to authority. So who is the Rainbow Family to tell people what they can and cannot do, as far as creating alternatives? It seems like hypocracy of the highest order to try to prevent people from doing what we did in the first place, in that first mountaintop field in the early seventies.ÊI also think it is a bad idea to sign permits, no matter how hard these authorities make it on people.ÊI think it is a crying shame when we give in to them and play their game, just to avoid conflict. My solution is to create alternatives that are not subject to all that bullshit. It's not walking our talk to say we believe in freedom of assembly, and then sign a permit. It's hippy-hypocricy.

Ê

What's the harm in creating new countercultures, which are under the radar of what is currently going on? It is happening whether the established Rainbow Family agrees with it or not. With all due respect, this is just my humble opinion, as a cultural revolutionary, a spiritual pirate, and a wild human, among other things. We cannot just consider what we want and believe. We must consider the coming seven generations, and the effects of what we create and decide right now, on the world in which they our biological, culturalÊand psychospiritual descendantswill create a world for the next seven generations after them. We must create things that will allow our evolution to continue and prosper. Peace be with you, and power to the peaceful...

Ê

love and (r)evolution,

kiyonah thundersong

the wild human initiative

crestone, colorado

free yourself from all masters except the infinite...

Ê

wolfie <thegoddesswolfstar@yahoo.com> wrote:

peace ya'll~ and I mean it! All I can do is ~in a loving sort of way ~ is say this: I believe
    that all this negative reactions is a response to Allen's persistence to argue about the
    issue of he wanting an alternative gathering(s) to the national and everyone else
    acknowledging the reasons but also blocking him. This may be news to all the
    beloved new comers.

6. urbangal

urbangal Member

I'd love to attend-it will be my second one the first was some time ago. I am bringing my big ol' bus and me. Looking forward to going to Colorado :) Way closer than the last couple of gatherings :)

7. SucculentFlower

To all that may be reading this... Things have quieted down a lot regarding the discussion of "an alternative 4th" agenda, being pushed by Allen. Don't worry Family! Colorado Family has some movers and shakers and we WILL get it together!Don't forget to call the colorado light line! Donate! (303) 595-1077

8. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

what/when/where is gathering? i'd be in!