2005 Gathering. Anyone coming?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by Love In A Dumpster, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Love In A Dumpster

Love In A Dumpster Member

Ah, yes. The sweet smell of a beautiful Forest. Just interested in any experienced people who have gone to the gathering before. I met a really cool, old guy down in St. Pete, Fla. (where I live), who's been going for over 25 years. He plays the guitar really well, long grey-ish hair, and is really down to earth. I'll be ging this year for my first time--don't know what to expect, but it would be a life-long experience that I would make the best out of. So if anyyone is going and wants to meet up, perhaps share a beer or 2 and have conversation, show me the roorts and areas, I'm all down. I'm going with a few of my friends. So yes, if interested, you know what to do.:p

P//L//TG
    Allison

P.S.
    I read alot of these threads, and I must say. I was entertained. So much drama, aaaah!

2. jahma

jahma Member

You get what you expect. You see whats in yourself.
    At one time there was almost no alcohol at the gatherings and It was hard to find a gathering unless you knew someone. Now we all can find it and everyone is invited. We invite all on the internet. Every type you can imagine.
    Lots of dreads and beards. There will be beerguts too.
    You get what you expect. You see whats in yourself. I expect to see some of the most beautiful people in the world in some of the most beautiful places. Be the fun.
    Kids in Ocala now. They are saying "WELCOME HOME!!!". If you are real quiet you'll hear them. They are near the short guy saying "got any pot", near the crokin alligators.In the lands where the totums still live. As you go out the road which seems to go to nowhere there they are. In psycadelic surealism. Adrift in the spirit. A lost tribe of "The warriors of the living light". Home .

3. Professor Jumbo

Professor Jumbo Mr. Smarty Pants

Last year there was a hipforums kitchen. It worked out pretty well I thought. It was nice and mellow and laid back. Some random guy came by one day and gave us a big green present in a gallon size ziplock bag. I will be going agin this year, probably there will be a hipfoums camp again.
    As for routes and locations and what not, well none of that has been decided yet except that it will probably be somewhere in the central apalachians (sp?). You really should come most everybody is very friendly and nice.

4. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

I am going, it is close this year, i have done 2 nationals before, and alot of regionals over the years, i live near st pete too, shows at jannus landing are kick ass, i have a thread running at the shroomery.org for a kitchen, it is looking good, if ya'll want, you can register there, but it takes 2 weeks till you can access some forums, and the gathering & travel one is where my thread is but it is a cool hippy community site, so, all around it is worth the wait. A national is what your first gathering should be bro., welcome home.

5. makno

makno Senior Member

is it gonna be in the alegeny nat . forest .?

6. Love In A Dumpster

Love In A Dumpster Member

It's going to be in the Ocala National Forest in Ocala, Florida on February 14th (Valentine's Day). Before and after. That's the one I'm going to,

7. i'm_not_beethoven420

i'm_not_beethoven420 Member

oh, i thought you meant the national, ocala is no longer a rainbow gathering, just a big party in the woods with alot of cops.

8. jahma

jahma Member

Be nice to little sister. I am pissed about Ocala too. So if we "give" them Ocala and then the nationals will be next. I (JAHMA) told her there is a gathering in Ocala now. I told her there would be alot of people who know each other well. Like Family.
    Nationals are great for the first gathering. I agree. I think she should hitch to her first gathering and find it by accident. Wait a minute that was what I did. What was best for me. I am confused please forgive me. Jahma